• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Alex Pereira wants Magomed Ankalaev next instead of Jamahal Hill

Who would be a tougher opponent for Poatan?

• Total voters
Lmao so I guess him wanting to fight sooner than later to keep the division moving while waiting for Hill to return isn't good enough for you cunts

I explained this a few posts above.

You would have to be a halfwit to think the UFC is giving Ank a title shot coming off a draw (after which Dana went apeshit) and a no contest. Alex may as well call Ngannou out.

I'm the one giving Alex enough credit that he isn't as dumb as many of you.

Looks like Alex Pereira wants to stay active, considering that Hill most likely will be out for another 7 months

2 things:

1. Why is Hill out? Is he injured?

2. Mad respect if Alex actually fights Ankalaev next. Still very late, but glad he finally shows he doesn't want to be protected anymore.

Pereira, Holloway & Volkanovski are currently the only fighters who are willing & doing to just fight whoever is offered (be it difficult fight) or infront of them. There’s a reason why those fighters I just mentioned became champion and are making a good living, they’re fighters compared to the rest who rather complain instead of so there job.

And we should wait how long before the division can move forward?
Early 2024, is targeted time from Hill. If he won't be back by April and periera wants a fight certainty should be one.

I like this call out. If he can beat Ank and get him out of the way we can finally put an end to "hE HasNT FoUGht A REaL GrAppLER BROO" argument that every Poatan hater is willing to go out on their shield for.

I like it but Hill is next unless they go Izzy. I'd like to see Poaton headline the May or June ppv in Brazil, same building Hill retired Glover in perhaps.

I think the Ank/Walker & Jan/Rakic winners should fight in June or July to determine the next contender. Jiri can fight Krylov
If Hill is out for another 7 months, I wouldn't wait for him. He can still fight whoever is champ when he returns.

You would have to be a halfwit to think the UFC is giving Ank a title shot coming off a draw (after which Dana went apeshit) and a no contest. Alex may as well call Ngannou out.

Actually, you are the only dummy here that can't put 2 and 2 together. Which is ironic because you are insulting everyone that actually does the math.

Now let's see if you can understand it now: Hill will be out for 7 months, Ankalaev is fighting in 6 weeks. So, if Pereira wants to fight before Hill comes back, then Ankalaev will be a good option for that if he wins in 6 weeks (which everyone expects him to). It's really not that hard to see.

Alex isn't saying "cancel Ankalaev's next fight" that he had been preparing for months so he can fight me several months later instead. You are the only one here that has imagined that ridiculous scenario. You've been here for 20 years, could it be that you are old as fuck and thus becoming a little... slow maybe?

Actually, you are the only dummy here that can't put 2 and 2 together. Which is ironic because you are insulting everyone that actually does the math.

Now let's see if you can understand it now: Hill will be out for 7 months, Ankalaev is fighting in 6 weeks. So, if Pereira wants to fight before Hill comes back, then Ankalaev will be a good option for that if he wins in 6 weeks (which everyone expects him to). It's really not that hard to see.

Alex isn't saying "cancel Ankalaev's next fight" that he had been preparing for months so he can fight me several months later instead. You are the only one here that has imagined that ridiculous scenario. You've been here for 20 years, could it be that you are old as fuck and thus becoming a little... slow maybe?

Odds are that you are actually around the same age as me, which would make your join date tangent quite funny.

But if I am indeed your elder, then I order you to go to bed before you embarrass us even further with this tantrum.

Well who do you say he calls out then? the whole top of the division is booked, Krylov, Oezdemir?

I think you're the only one assuming that anyone thought Ankalaev would get a title shot off a draw and a no contest lol.

Everyone who is talking about Pereira fighting Ankalaev are looking further down the line and assuming Ankalaev beats Walker in the rematch which is going down in January. Would put him (or Walker, if he somehow won) in line to fight Pereira by let's say April / May perhaps. You're not going to see Pereira again before March so I don't know you were talking like Alex needs a fight booked asap.

Also who knows when Hill will actually be ready to fight again. After his initial injury it was commonly believed he'd be out for a full year to recover. I'd be skeptical to assume he can fight in the first half of 2024 or that UFC would be foolish enough to have their champion stay 6+ months inactive just to wait on a contender.

Looks like Alex Pereira wants to stay active, considering that Hill most likely will be out for another 7 months

How a real champion should behave

Its about time some real fighters and Martial Artists start taking the UFC back.to how shits supposed to be...

Izzy and Alex some of the best champions we've seen recently

Jiri was the legit champion. Hill was a paper champion. Alex had nothing owed to Hill. Besides Holl os a year away it doesn't matter

No way. Hill beat the same guy Jiri did and Hill made it more of a beat down.

If Hill really is out another 7 months, probably whoever has the best performance between Rakic/Jan or Ankalaev/Walker will get the next titleshot.

Krylov might be a dark horse as well.

Back