• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Alex Pereira and Israel Adesanya meet again

Who wins if they fight again at LHW?

• Total voters
Bad ass. These guys have no reason to hate each other. They are both fierce competitors at the top of their game, and very evenly matched. Both have shut the others lights out.

I could see them after their careers sitting down and sharing some brews and BBQ, reminiscing on their wars and the fights they have had with other competitors.

Umm ok, I am completely ok pretending or not with you that Alex has a better record than Izzy in MMA, not trying to be difficult. I'm cool with whatever makes you happy.

I see the thread being about how cool it is seeing these two guys clearly making a point to get together in Australia having a good time joking around being friends, but if you want to keep pushing the childish 3-1 I'm better than you then you do you. I'll even count that fist bump as another win for Pereira so we can call it 4-1 if that is what you need.
I'm not pushing anything, I was just stating a record that you were pretending to not understand. I was pulling for Adesanya in the MMA rematch. Again, stop trying to be difficult.

Izzy cracked that chin. Alex wins if the fight is a year from now, but Alex is going to get KOd because he’s fighting too soon.

it's interesting how i personally think alex beats izzy at 205. it's one of those things where one fighter is just better at a certain weightclass, while the other is better at another. i don't think izzy ever beats alex at 205. but unfortunately we'll never see that fight.

Um, Pereira has cracked Izzy's chin twice, and everybody said, "Izzy was fighting too soon," also, after the most recent. Wasn't true.

The difference was, in Alex' 2nd KO of Izzy (their 1st MMA fight), Israel Adesanya took a sustained beating, and was battered in the end.

In Izzy's 1st ever KO of Alex, Alex took almost no damage. He was literally beating Izzy's legs and body badly — and then got caught.

Those who can see straight realize that Alex took almost no damage in his KO loss. He got clipped with a four-shot combo, two successive hard rights, and was out. Quick and unexpected, after completely dominating both rounds.

It's much easier to recover from something like that ... than a sustained beating, over several rounds, with a volley of 12 unanswered shots to the head in the 5th round, which is what Izzy's previous fight involved.

Ironically, those 2 rounds in their last fight were probably Alex’s best rounds against Izzy, KOs aside.

Izzy cracked that chin. Alex wins if the fight is a year from now, but Alex is going to get KOd because he’s fighting too soon.
Didn't even get hit on the chin. Getting hit behind the ear like that would knock out a horse

Gold.

Izzy and Perreira having fun here.

Izzy's reaction was funny.

Even waiting in line for the plane, Alex is second.

They both met Tyson Fury at the same airport.

That's some fucking airport.

Fury-with-Pereira-and-Adesanya-1140x597.webp

Izzy was pretty straight forward post fight about having zero interest in the rubber match. But after Alex decided to move up, Izzy took a fight against Hill. Seems like the runner match at LHW is inevitable if the both win their next fights.
I didn't know Adesanya took a fight against Hill. Has that fight been announced?

Back