• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Alex Pereira and Israel Adesanya meet again

Who wins if they fight again at LHW?

• Total voters
Reminds me of the time ufc accidently sat machida and shogun next to each other on a flight eventhough they were scheduled to fight lol. Tried to find the picture/article about it but cant find anything, its been a while. Maybe someone else remembers. It was nice to see.

I think Izzy should count his blessings, and forget about Pereira while he's ahead. He should never fight Alex again.
Bro he’s trying to! He can’t shake this mfer

Yeah right, What are the odds of falling randomly beside your nemesis in an airport around the world.... either staged or one of the two is obsessed and became a stalker
Staged-ish, i doubt they book their own flights when they are doing some work for the UFC, which considering even Volkanovski was there too looks like it was, they just took on the chance to upload something to hype a future fight.

they met up with TJ Dillashaw afterwards

tumblr_n6261q1A8V1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Who the f is talking about kickboxing? Sounds like you are the one knit-picking trying to combine numbers from completely different sports for some strange self gradification. Alex's MMA record is 7-2 and 1-1 against Izzy which is very likely how it will remain, just like Alex being 2-0 in kickboxing
You knew exactly what I was referencing when I said 3-1. Stop pretending, you have nothing to gain from being difficult.

Izzy has his had up ready to block the left hook.

Yeah right, What are the odds of falling randomly beside your nemesis in an airport around the world.... either staged or one of the two is obsessed and became a stalker

They're professional fighters.

If they're both traveling to the same MMA fight, or event, many layover flights converge at the same airport ...

Yea, Volk is right behind Izzy for the same reason, I assume.

Um, Pereira has cracked Izzy's chin twice, and everybody said, "Izzy was fighting too soon," also, after the most recent. Wasn't true.

The difference was, in Alex' 2nd KO of Izzy (their 1st MMA fight), Israel Adesanya took a sustained beating, and was battered in the end.

In Izzy's 1st ever KO of Alex, Alex took almost no damage. He was literally beating Izzy's legs and body badly — and then got caught.

Those who can see straight realize that Alex took almost no damage in his KO loss. He got clipped with a four-shot combo, two successive hard rights, and was out. Quick and unexpected, after completely dominating both rounds.

It's much easier to recover from something like that ... than a sustained beating, over several rounds, with a volley of 12 unanswered shots to the head in the 5th round, which is what Izzy's previous fight involved.

i don't know about all that. getting knocked out cold can change fighters the same way taking 12 unanswered strikes can.

i don't know about all that. getting knocked out cold can change fighters the same way taking 12 unanswered strikes can.

There are few fighters I've ever seen as poised, and unaffected emotionally, as Alex Pereira. (Even Henry Cejudo made a video of this same observation.)

I don't think he gives two shits. He is almost reptilian in his "stone face" and demeanor.

He won't be affected at all, IMO

That’s cool! I bet there is a bit of awe from israel coming face to face with an unweight drained BEST striker in the UFC in Alex. You can see it.

I HOPE israel has the courage to fight him at 205

You knew exactly what I was referencing when I said 3-1. Stop pretending, you have nothing to gain from being difficult.

Umm ok, I am completely ok pretending or not with you that Alex has a better record than Izzy in MMA, not trying to be difficult. I'm cool with whatever makes you happy.

I see the thread being about how cool it is seeing these two guys clearly making a point to get together in Australia having a good time joking around being friends, but if you want to keep pushing the childish 3-1 I'm better than you then you do you. I'll even count that fist bump as another win for Pereira so we can call it 4-1 if that is what you need.

It's just becoming weird at this point. I'd even have to imagine that when Izzy retires and finally fulfills his lifelong dream of becoming a Pokémon trainer, Team Rocket will suddenly announce they have their first Brazillian member.

tumblr_onwkm9TTWM1w0ii2ho1_1280.gif

0_PIKACHU.jpg

They both attended the same boxing event in Australia

Back