Social Alex Jones/Infowars booted from Roku

This ain't even about Jones. Its about anyone that would dare share an opinion or news outside of the mainstream. And we're playing right in to it, cheering it on <Lmaoo>
Progressive-commies are cheering this on, no real liberals and libertarians.

When someone is taken off of YouTube or something like it, I picture those mobs outside of the auditoriums on college campuses where a bunch of tweens are throwing themselves around trying to disrupt a speaking engagement because they disagree with the content.

Or they deem it Hate Speech :eek:

And as an American I just cannot wrap my head around it. If those ideas suck so bad, as Pan suggested earlier, then let those shitty ideas be vocalized so everyone can see how shitty they are. Why are people so threatened?

They're not threatened. It's all about power. Why have a debate at all if you can simply ride in with more numbers, take control of the levers of power and the 'platforms' and just shut everyone else down. Debate over.

So tired of the weak shit. never in my life has it occurred to me that Fox News or The Young Turks or Reddit should be censored or shut down. Let The Crazies have their little area to be crazy in. If you feel threatened by it, it's probably because you're a little bitch.
That's a you problem.
You ever go to 4chan? Take away the moderation of FB and YT and those places would become Liveleak, Stormfront and the YNC rolled into one in a heartbeat. That's not YT or FB's bread and butter and in the end these sites that don't really moderate their content are complete shitshows for angsty teenagers trying to out-edgy each other and not places of actual discourse anyway. You want that, well there are places for that. Most people don't.

Last edited:
The tactics and platforms are different, but there are high profile cases of people being harassed or banned from platforms for having liberal opinions. T_D is well known for banning anyone critical of Trump, for instance. Anita Sarkeesian and many other people critical of Gamergate were doxxed or harassed off social media.

Sarkeesitard was doxxed and harassed because she is a lying sack of shit who used her platform to make money of gullible idiots. Kind of like AJ.

I'm not a fan of Alex Jones, I think he's a clown and a lot of the bullshit he spews is quite harmful.

But at the same time, it's a bit scary how people can be almost complete "deplatformed" if they have enough whiners against them.

Here you have a situation where Roku OK'd the Infowars accounts, but decided to can them not because they violated any rules, but because enough people complained.

It's a shame to see these SJW crybabies wielding so much power now a days. Like I said, I don't like Alex Jones or his product so I choose not to watch. But I can't imagine someone being that egocentric that they feel they should make the choice or what you will or won't watch FOR you.

I know Roku, Twitter, Facebook, etc are private companies who have the full right to 86 who they want. I just think it's sad that they choose to do so based on a small, whining minority.

Why do people suddenly hate Mossad in their lives everyday and from all directions, most without even knowing it consciously?

How should YouTube be regulated anyway?
If so, would the government start paying for the servers since they are deciding what could be put on it?
And what's stopping Google from crippling Youtube to the point of 5 minute max video's at 480p without advertisements while starting Googlevideos.com which would become what Youtube is now? (No real time limit, 4k,etc)

Last edited:
Can we just merge this into some megathread for all the crying anytime this shit-peddler gets dropped?

Even if I accept your question I would never force Sherdog to accept the risk within their business of carrying every fringe and often crazy thought line. If the political discourse is desired and the existing handful of corporations do not want to carry it, that creates a great competitive advantage to start a new platform to compete with.

Sherdog does not want conspiracy theory stuff... well guess what there are CT sites for that. You know why... because it IS desired.

You look at how a site like HuffPo grew from a blog to something huge, and there is no reason any other DESIRED thought line with an actual audience could not build an audience and platform if actually desired.

That competitive advantage doesn't truly exist when the major corporations, across different industries, band together with the government to create monopolies and crush smaller competitors.

Sherdog does not want conspiracy theory stuff... well guess what there are CT sites for that. You know why... because it IS desired.
Is that in the rules?

Like you'd get carded/post deleted for making a post about Chemtrails/JFK in off-topic?

<Lmaoo>

That competitive advantage doesn't truly exist when the major corporations, across different industries, band together with the government to create monopolies and crush smaller competitors.
In the internet age, if there is a message and voice that is desired and there is demand to be heard, it cannot be silenced. Again HuffPo is the perfect example. There is a big audience on the left who want to hear what they are selling and they support them into a huge platform.

If indeed Jones and other have a popular platform and message that people want to hear they can easily create their own HuffPo and their 'buyers' will flock there. Conspiracy Theorists have many sites despite an often looney message.

If they cannot that proves their message is not desired. And what they really want is for gov't to help them attach their looney and often disruptive message to mainstream sites for reasons that are more trolling than informative. They know that no one really cares about their content and only cares that they annoy and disrupt the businesses they consider centrist or left leaning or other.

You CANNOT have your cake and eat it to. You CANNOT say Jones, and other who are getting deplatformed are indeed putting out a message that is desired but then that they, or no one else can create a platform for them that could survive as it cannot draw any viewers. And if a platform can be created for their views that works that proves why they do not need to be protected on others platforms.

Is that in the rules?

Like you'd get carded/post deleted for making a post about Chemtrails/JFK in off-topic?

<Lmaoo>
I don't what is in the rules. I don't know if its forum specific and ok in one (off-topic) but not in the other (Mayberry). I just know we have had a few guys (maybe the same guy with multiple accounts) trying to spread that stuff prior in the Mayberry and they were warned repeatedly about CT stuff not being allowed and then banned.

I don't what is in the rules. I don't know if its forum specific and ok in one (off-topic) but not in the other (Mayberry). I just know we have had a few guys (maybe the same guy with multiple accounts) trying to spread that stuff prior in the Mayberry and they were warned repeatedly about CT stuff not being allowed and then banned.
Have a little respect bro. The craziest people post in the war room. Not the OT, not the mayberry (maybe the UFC forum)

Have a little respect bro. The craziest people post in the war room. Not the OT, not the mayberry (maybe the UFC forum)
lol. i didn't disparage the OT. I did not even know that sub-forum existed until recently despite posting on this forum for over 10 year now. lol.

But I did poke my head in the OT a few months ago to see what it was about and immediately tucked tail and got out of there. Seemed like a pretty fringe place with a lot of nothing going on even by sherdog standards.

I guess i did now just disparage the OT. lol

Progressive-commies are cheering this on, no real liberals and libertarians.

Yes, because the anti-communist opinion is to call for more government regulation dictating how private entities can conduct their business.

Who got killed? Story? Source?

He promoted pizzagate.
He got the parents of Sandy Hook victims threatened.
His 911 conspiracy videos inflicted the Danforth shooter in Toronto.
The guy who killed 6 people at a mosque in Quebec was obsessed with him (and other far right extremists).

He promoted pizzagate.
The guy who killed 6 people at a mosque in Quebec was obsessed with him (and other far right extremists).

I appreciate the timely response. However, the causality in these case is, in my opinion, so limited that I don't apply singular blame to Jones. I also don't consider Jones to be far right, or even really partisan.

He promoted pizzagate.
So no one?

Back