Alex Caceres vs. Mike Easton @ UFC 169

I hate the UFC booking fights four months in advance.

The media was obviously swayed by the cheering of the live audience (anytime Chico did anything they went wild).

I can actually admit Alex beat Kang under PRIDE judging but definitely not by UFC round by round judging. While I see no criteria where I can give Chico Camus the win.

The Kang-Caceras fight was in Japan, so you could make the same argument to explain away the media judging actually favoring Kang that time.

Easton hasn't lived up to his potential. Leeroy is the right opponent for him to face though.

Bruce Leroy is the more cerebral fighter (who thought we'd say this a few years ago), who possesses better footwork, has a better reach, and uses it better, so I think he'll take this fight.

You'd think Easton has power and wrestling, given his build, but he doesn't really.

Easton is massively overrated, Leroy is underrated from his bad first impression and some misfortune breaking up his win streak. He's been better than the last 6 fighters he's faced. Easton got lucky against Beebe, and Menjivar, who is arguably his best legit win, was overrated himself.

I think you need to factor in Easton has been fighting much, much better fighters than Alex has.

Alex is awesome to watch, but his TDD is pretty bad. I think Easton gets him down often enough to win a decision. Will be cheering for Alex though and hope he pulls it off.

The Kang-Caceras fight was in Japan, so you could make the same argument to explain away the media judging actually favoring Kang that time.

Kang is Korean not Japanese.

Japanese and Koreans aren't exactly the best of friends, I highly doubly the Japanese audience was going wild for Kang.

They need to get Mizu and Phan a fight before the end of 2013. That match up is just timing related.

This. Mizugaki is officially in the UFCs top ten, they acknowledge the talent, they just needed to get the dude a fight. If he crushes Nam, it's just another highlight if he ever manages to secure a top contender fight.

The media was obviously swayed by the cheering of the live audience (anytime Chico did anything they went wild).

I can actually admit Alex beat Kang under PRIDE judging but definitely not by UFC round by round judging. While I see no criteria where I can give Chico Camus the win.

Or they, like about 75% of the MMA universe, saw Camus win the 2nd and 3rd?

Kang is Korean not Japanese.

Japanese and Koreans aren't exactly the best of friends, I highly doubly the Japanese audience was going wild for Kang.

He was put on the card for a reason.

If one looks at your posting history, it's clear your agenda is to champion Asian MMA, or at the very least Korean MMA. Thatch has nothing for Lim, Dongi Yang is the best MW outside UFC, this Korean guy got robbed, that guy got robbed, check out this Korean fighter, etc. Most of your posts are about Asian or Korean MMA, seemingly.

Most people here are just MMA fans. We don't have the agenda to champion anything but good fighters, fights, and the truth. Try to get on board with those general agendas. Then you'd actually be semi objective and easier to deal with. It's silly to care so much about the random event of a person being born in the same geopolitical boundary as you.

I think you need to factor in Easton has been fighting much, much better fighters than Alex has.

Alex is awesome to watch, but his TDD is pretty bad. I think Easton gets him down often enough to win a decision. Will be cheering for Alex though and hope he pulls it off.

Alex TDD is by no means good, but in the second and third rounds of the fight he was stuffing Delorme pretty well. And even if a fighter gets Alex on his back, he has a super aggressive style of BJJ.

I think a clear win over Damacio Page is better than any of Easton's. It's better than a 29-28 tit for tat almost against Ivan Menjivar.

I didn't hold Easton's losses against him per se.

Alex TDD is by no means good, but in the second and third rounds of the fight he was stuffing Delorme pretty well. And even if a fighter gets Alex on his back, he has a super aggressive style of BJJ.

Gonna be hard to do much to Easton from the bottom. He's a legit Lloyd Irvin black belt.

Gonna be hard to do much to Easton from the bottom. He's a legit Lloyd Irvin black belt.

People talk about him being a Lloyd Irvin blackbelt, but I've personally never been too impressed with his ground work inside or out of the UFC.

He was put on the card for a reason.

If one looks at your posting history, it's clear your agenda is to champion Asian MMA, or at the very least Korean MMA. Thatch has nothing for Lim, Dongi Yang is the best MW outside UFC, this Korean guy got robbed, that guy got robbed, check out this Korean fighter, etc. Most of your posts are about Asian or Korean MMA, seemingly.

Most people here are just MMA fans. We don't have the agenda to champion anything but good fighters, fights, and the truth. Try to get on board with those general agendas. Then you'd actually be semi objective and easier to deal with. It's silly to care so much about the random event of a person being born in the same geopolitical boundary as you.

This isn't why I post about Korean fighters at all. I have my own reasons none of which are nationalistic. One of the biggest reason being that American MMA media outlets almost never cover Korean fighters which makes it almost impossible for them to become marketable in America. I try to give them the attention they deserve.

(PS : Lim destroys Thatch with ease (look at their level of competition) and Dongi Yang is one of the best MW outside of the UFC)

This isn't why I post about Korean fighters at all. I have my own reasons none of which are nationalistic. One of the biggest reason being that American MMA media outlets almost never cover Korean fighters which makes it almost impossible for them to become marketable in America. I try to give them the attention they deserve.

(PS : Lim destroys Thatch with ease (look at their level of competition) and Dongi Yang is one of the best MW outside of the UFC)

I would buy that maybe if you were objective, but you aren't remotely.

I even said Lim impressed me with his performance against Guimares unlike most, and picked him to beat Krauss as a result. But his striking is wild, and Thatch's is more technical. And Thatch is no joke on the ground either. Both are semi proven, neither are overly proven. Anyways, you can only beat who you face. To say things like Lim destroys Thatch with ease, and Thatch has nothing for Lim, displays CLEAR bias. Both guys are talented. Thatch I'd argue is even more talented than Lim. But you only get hyped when the Korean guy has the talent.

Then here we have you arguing that Kang was robbed against both Camus and Caceres, when that's not what the majority of people of neutral, knowledgeable people in the media thought. People whose opinions you respected, until they didn't serve you. Do you just value boring, sticky wrestling like Kang possesses? That seems like the more unlikely explanation when the neutral fan doesn't value that style as much as judges, and your posting history is heavily about Koreans.

You don't just give Korean/Asian MMA the coverage it deserves, you go overboard in championing it.

Back