Alex Caceres Double Punch Technique

tumblr_mdchyfiAbG1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

:eek:
somebody played way to much Streetfighter

I put a few bucks on Alex at 3:1 thinking he might be able to slap on a sneaky triangle and win the fight against Yair if it goes to the ground. Clearly I didnt spend enough time studying his opponent. Fuck.

WTF am i watching , i need to go watch all this guys fights

And what does this do? It's just a lunge at someone. Doesn't appear to generate any power like a punch or kick with torque from the hips/torso.

I put a few bucks on Alex at 3:1 thinking he might be able to slap on a sneaky triangle and win the fight against Yair if it goes to the ground. Clearly I didnt spend enough time studying his opponent. Fuck.

YZIITzT.gif

Caceres' last opponent also bust out a Roleta before. Caceres handled Cole's ground game fine the first 2 rounds on short notice, got overaggressive the last round, got put in some tight spots but endured.

I think the scrambles are going to be competitive and a bit wild.

Caceres thinks he is Bruce Lee, but he's mediocre at best. Yair will win easily IMO.

Nice to see some hadoukens in there, but Yair is going to Hwoarang his ass

tumblr_n1ms8nkHCI1qjzm69o1_400.gif

Wow, great coment, don´t even know how to respond to such pearl of wisdom.

let me elaborate: that technique is stupid. the only time to use it (if ever) is to showboat when your opponent is already out on his feet and you want to clown him. that is in no way a credible striking technique.

i remember when Pacquiao did that. got a warning from the ref lmao

And what does this do? It's just a lunge at someone. Doesn't appear to generate any power like a punch or kick with torque from the hips/torso.

exactly. punching power comes from the rotation of the hips and torso. its how baseball players generate hitting power and throwing speed; its how golfers generate hitting power; etc.

let me elaborate: that technique is stupid. the only time to use it (if ever) is to showboat when your opponent is already out on his feet and you want to clown him. that is in no way a credible striking technique.
Thanks for giving me the chance to respond. I disagree with you, I believe you simply have never seen it being used enough times to say "nah, this technique doesn´t work", and because 99,9% of the MMA fighters don´t have a kung fu background and don´t use it, so you are saying it based on nothing but your opinion. Yes, you CAN generate a lot of power (if Silva could generate enough power to KO Griffin with a walking away jab) and when used in the correct range (not like Carcerez used) you can land in the chin, chest or stomach at the same time, causing damage. And please, don´t try and compare it with the power of an H-BOMB or a Cro Cop high kick or anything, we´re talking about how effective it can be, not if it´s the most effective or not.

exactly. punching power comes from the rotation of the hips and torso. its how baseball players generate hitting power and throwing speed; its how golfers generate hitting power; etc.
Griffin disagrees with you.silva ko griffin.jpg

Exactly. Very effective actually, he was a little out of range when he threw it, but there´s not much defense for it. I wish more guys would use it.
Frank Mir used it against Nog, just threw the overhand, but same technique.

Back