Aldo will stop Yan

• Thread starter Deleted member 576123
  • Start date
I think if Aldo wins it will probably be more using his size and reach. Aldo was sneaky but at FW and despite looking a bit skeletor @ 135 is big for the division. He has a few inches on Yan reachwise

I see this as Yan’s fight to lose though. He’s about as defensively sound of a fighter as we’ve seen in mma, shown the ability to inflict damage, and I just don’t think that Aldo can utilize as diverse of a striking repertoire as he used to.

Any takers? C'mon noise makers.

It isn't Petr's physicality that will fail but his style is open to attack from Jose. I strongly suspect Aldo will kick a ton more.
Aldo is 3-5 in his last 8. I am expecting him to get worse not better. Still very good fighter but slipping. Yan by TKO/KO 4th round. .

It isn't Petr's physicality that will fail but his style is open to attack from Jose. I strongly suspect Aldo will kick a ton more.

<Dany07>
So aldo got a leg transplant?

love Aldo and dont know why he hasnt been kicking the last bunch of fights. i still have night terrors about that faber fight

Yan will take his time and use his wrestling...
Yan via TKO round #3

I couldn't disagree more. The first time I saw Petr Yan fight, I said he'd be Bantamwaeight champ soon; &, nothing he's done since then has changed my mind. I love Jose Aldo; but, I feel like he should be a much, much bigger dog here...say, +350 to +400.
You're right this fight won't be close...it will be a sad display of a over the hill fighter meeting his end...Yan within 3 rounds

I'll take Aldo. Experience and toughness got this one.

I'm surprised more people aren't considering just how good Aldo looked against Marlon. I think he will dismantle Yan, I predict a 4th round TKO.

Aldo is still a killer. In the Volk fight, Volk just held him against the fence for 3 rounds, he wasn't able to hurt Aldo. Holloway was just a bad matchup for him tbh ngl.

I would love it if Aldo becomes a world champion again, one of my favourite fighters and a gentleman.
I think it ends in a bad defeat for Aldo tbh. Still amazing how after such a long time Aldo was able to go toe -to-toe with Marlon the no:1 contender (which I have just rewatched, could have gone either way, it wasn't a robbery by any means).

I hope he does win but I can't see it happening. Petr is good everywhere.

I want to back both Aldo and Holloway but instinct is beckoning me the other way.

I should say I want to pick them as choosing who will win and who you are backing aren't necessarily the same.

War Aldog of War!
Max Hellovaway to Win

Will likely pick Yan and Volk tho.

Aldo had so many opportunities to kick Moraes in that fight but didn’t, he could’ve won but didn’t use his famous combat skill which are the leg kicks. I think something is wrong with his knees or something.

Anyway Yan is a hungry lion that has diverse striking, increases his pace, decent power and is a more natural BW. Aldo has the experience tho, should be a great fight and possibly FOTY material.

I take Yan by late KO.
that's part of why I think Aldo takes this. Yan is a natural BW, Aldo is a big FW and he'll be significantly bigger in the cage I think. Yan has decent power, but not like Moraes and Aldo ate everything Moraes hit him with. Moraes kicked him in the skull and Aldo smiled at him. Judging by the Moraes fight, he's able to absorb BW strikes.

As for the kicks, he threw a number of good ones vs Max in the rematch. He can still throw them, just not in the same volume. Most likely a hip injury or something.
Think it'll be a great fight, wouldn't be surprised if Aldo walked him down and finished him tho. We'll see.

I think if Aldo wins it will probably be more using his size and reach. Aldo was sneaky but at FW and despite looking a bit skeletor @ 135 is big for the division. He has a few inches on Yan reachwise

I see this as Yan’s fight to lose though. He’s about as defensively sound of a fighter as we’ve seen in mma, shown the ability to inflict damage, and I just don’t think that Aldo can utilize as diverse of a striking repertoire as he used to.
Aldo has wayyyy technically better defense than Yan. Yan's boxing is good, but he gets hit a lot especially in the pocket. You're right about Aldo's offense lacking the diversity it used to. We'll see what happens.

He might get outworked in the championship rounds. Yan has great cardio and will pressure him for 25 minutes. His clinch game is probably better as well which might influence the outcome.

Yan hits hard and is fine with just walking guys down and waiting for them to strike.
I don't see Aldo beating him in boxing exchanges over 5 rounds. Sooner or later Aldo will get punished badly for a miss.

And he's not really going to exploit Yan's high guard unless he magically starts kicking like the old days.

I think Aldo can take it even without leg kicks and knees. I'm sure he watched Yan vs Rivera. Yan have some issues.
1. He waits for too long aiming his heavy right hand. While doing this he is flat footed and hittable.
2. Had problems with leg kicks vs Rivera (Aldo might try to use leg kicks in this fight all of a sudden, especially after watching Yan vs Rivera)
3. Throws hail mary and kinda falls forward right after, while leaving himself open for counter shots.
4. Doesn't know how to finish somebody quickly (tough like Dodson or Rivera) after knockdown.
5. High guard leaves his body open for kick and punches. Aldo is good at this.
You’re for a rude awakening about Yan, terrible analysis

I'll be on the Aldo warwagon but I do fear Yan will come out with pressure early, maybe drop the first round but aldos cardio has been very suspect as of late. Moraes fight he still had some in the tank but that fight he set the pace and Moraes was backing up. Yan will certainly be coming forward with his high guard.

Back