Aldo vs mendes 2... Just a thought

neovolrath

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Should mendes try and replicate TJ dillashaw's gameplan? Stay moving, strike at angles, constantly pressure Aldo, while mixing/fienting takedowns? Do you sherbros think money mendes could replicate this type of performance? And if he could, would it be enough to throw Aldo off his game, and allow mendes to wear him down to an eventual KI/TKO in the later rounds where Aldo is known to lose steam? Just a thought...

He can just takedown Aldo at will. If Aldo cheats again and holds the fence all night like the 1st fight, then he's probably fucked because the refs don't do any point deductions in the UFC.

Na it ain't really his style. But then again it wasn't really TJ's style until the Easton fight I think.

Aldo does everything Barao does on the feet except better. Mendes needs to get this fight to the ground.

Mendes can't do that- dillashaw is a one of a kind genius.
But mendes has raw power and speed to make up for it.
They're different fighters.

Also- Aldo has a better striking defense than barao does.

yes. if he replicates TJ... certain win. can he though? doubtful

whats mende's reach compared to Aldo's and Jose might be faster than Chad.

whats mende's reach compared to Aldo's and Jose might be faster than Chad.

Its probably shorter- but I don't think thats as much of a factor as tjs ability to switch stance and move to the side.
Fuckin ridiculous performance.

You seriously think any fighter can just emulate Tj's style easily. Mendes will look awkward trying and end up flat on his ass. He should stick to his strengths just like Tj did to his.

Btw, are we seeing the resurgence of alpha male?

He's a different fighter, I don't think the stick and move is his forte. Not to mention, Aldo is a different fighter from Barao so who knows if that game plan would even work.

Aldo is more technical on the feet than Barao. And I don't think Mendes has the same movements as Dillashaw.

Even if he could, it wouldn't do him any good. Aldo is too technical.

Mendes can't do that- dillashaw is a one of a kind genius.
But mendes has raw power and speed to make up for it.
They're different fighters.

Also- Aldo has a better striking defense than barao does.

In fact.. Aldo has a striking defense.

I think that Mendes plan should be to take this fight to the ground and get top position from the first second ir order to GnP the shit out of Jose.

Both men have questionable cardio for championship rounds but I think that if both gas out Aldo style is more suited for that.

This is the only fight at 145 I can see Aldo losing.

Aldo and Barao are different fighters...TJ and Chad are different fighters. Why everyone thinks that Chad is now a lock in their rematch based just on the fact that TJ beat Barao is beyond me.

He'll obviously do better than he did in the first fight but I still think he loses unless he can get Aldo down in the later rounds and finish him there.

He can just takedown Aldo at will. If Aldo cheats again and holds the fence all night like the 1st fight, then he's probably fucked because the refs don't do any point deductions in the UFC.

He held the cage once in that fight, not all night. He was taken down almost immediately after that and got right back to his feet. Doubtful anyone is taking Aldo down in the first round and keepin him there. Later rounds are a totally different story.

he plan should be to take Aldo down and try to wear him out (yeah fuck lay n pray....but this is for a title for fucks sake) then look for a knock out late round 4, early round 5.

mendes should have it in the bag if aldo doesnt grab the fence to defend a takedown/power slam which was just about to happen in the first fight.

He held the cage once in that fight, not all night. He was taken down almost immediately after that and got right back to his feet. Doubtful anyone is taking Aldo down in the first round and keepin him there. Later rounds are a totally different story.

the take down attempt he grabbed the fence on looked powerful. much more powerful then the second that landed. there was a big difference in the set ups of those takedowns. aldo was almost horizontal when grabbing fence...

Last edited:
obv you're an idiot so we'll stop there, im thinking though about the guy who was calling out barao for his lack of ability to deal w angles - wow

Back