Aldo vs McGregor will look like Shogun vs Jones

I agree that he will put a world of hurt on him and finish him via Jones style on Shogan, but.... I think Aldo will do a lot more damage on Mcgregor than Shogan did to Jones.

OP is delusional if he things Aldo is on the decline. He's 28. He's in his prime.

McGreggor Aldo will be an awesome spectacle.

I agree TS. Reminds me of when people kept saying Shogun wouls break Prophet Jones chicken kegs, lol.

GOAT by stoppage.

OP is delusional if he things Aldo is on the decline. He's 28. He's in his prime.

McGreggor Aldo will be an awesome spectacle.

Age doesn't mean much, it's the miles. Can you honestly tell me Aldo looks as explosive as he did in the WEC?

I have Aldo number 2 P4P and he's been a pleasure to watch, but I truly think McGregor is like nothing we've seen before. His stand up is like Jones wrestling. They both do things in every fight that are jaw-dropping.

I dont get the jones aura about mcgregor...but i could be wrong.

Fail TS.

Shogun/Jones can be compared to Barao/Dillashaw tho. That's fair enough.

Not even close to shogun vs jones. Jones dominated him every where. Conor doesn't have jones technique or skill set. Conor may be unique but seems like Aldos was unique too when he was in WEC. I don't see conor bullying aldo up the fence, clinching him, elbowing him, kneeing him in the abdomen, Soooooo this won't be close to that fight. It's going to be more of who has a better striking and overall use of MMA.

Not even close to shogun vs jones. Jones dominated him every where. Conor doesn't have jones technique or skill set. Conor may be unique but seems like Aldos was unique too when he was in WEC. I don't see conor bullying aldo up the fence, clinching him, elbowing him, kneeing him in the abdomen, Soooooo this won't be close to that fight. It's going to be more of who has a better striking and overall use of MMA.

I know a contradiction when I see one

He got taken down because he's not afraid to be taken down and throws constant strikes.

And he immediately regained his position. I'd hardly call that a weakness at this point.

Aldo fans and Conor haters are afraid. Yeah Aldo is the rightful favorite but he's going to be challenged like never before and you all know it.

Well actully his ass never touched the mat and the stats on the fight said no takedowns, sorry.

If a 145lb Jon Jones existed, he would give Aldo problems. Conor has not been rag dolling better credentialed wrestler's than himself. He does not even have a wrestling background to make that comparison. TS is obviously a troll, and if by some chance he is not, he should be prepared to watch Aldo batter McGregor until his face is a bloody mess, and he can no longer stand.

The ref stops this fight in the 4th round. I can not wait.

If a 145lb Jon Jones existed, he would give Aldo problems. Conor has not been rag dolling better credentialed wrestler's than himself. He does not even have a wrestling background to make that comparison. TS is obviously a troll, and if by some chance he is not, he should be prepared to watch Aldo batter McGregor until his face is a bloody mess, and he can no longer stand.

The ref stops this fight in the 4th round. I can not wait.

If a 145 lb. Jon Jones existed, he'd get outboxed so bad, he'd retire.

If a LHW Aldo existed, Jones would not be champ.

Blind Aldo nut hugger

KZ got it off Poirier, Hominick and Garcia
Edgar got it off 2 losses to Benson Henderson
Florian got it off Diego Nunes

And Conor has 2 top 10 victories

Edgar EX LW Champ - Undeserved but still has an EX champion off the high class above, Conor is neither so I don't know why you're comparing his streak which is nothing compared to KZ,Edgar,Florian getting it.

Hominik just came off a title shot you scrub

Florian beat Nunes who beat Brown. Also EX LW fighter. Also proven against top compeititon the weight class above, multiple title shots.

You're a McGregor nuthugger

Conor is neither from a weight class above, nor an EX champion. Those fighters were all proven against ex champions or have fought top competition from another weight class. KZ just KO'ed Hominick who just came off a title shot. Conor also has not done that.

Blind Aldo nut hugger

KZ got it off Poirier, Hominick and Garcia
Edgar got it off 2 losses to Benson Henderson
Florian got it off Diego Nunes

And Conor has 2 top 10 victories

KZ got it because Pettis got injured
Edgar came off two close fights, the rematch was highly controversial
Diego Nunes was a big prospect (like Conor!!!) and was in the top 10

Know what you're talking about before you talk.

If a 145 lb. Jon Jones existed, he'd get outboxed so bad, he'd retire.

If a LHW Aldo existed, Jones would not be champ.

I don't know about that. With Jon's combo of wrestling, reach, and diverse striking, he would give Aldo problems. Not saying he would win, but it would be a close fight.

I keep saying that all of Sherdog should just resign themselves to the fact that what TS said is exactly what will happen and that is a fact.

What is Aldo, who is much slower and less explosive than he was in his WEC days, going to do when someone who is larger and has a reach advantage uses his boxing from Conor's unique angles? He's not fast enough and his pure boxing is not good enough to stop that. When Conor is striking from those angles, what counters does he have if any? None, which is why I will get literally anything Conor will end Aldo exactly like Jones ended Shogun.

He got taken down because he's not afraid to be taken down and throws constant strikes.

And he immediately regained his position. I'd hardly call that a weakness at this point.

Aldo fans and Conor haters are afraid. Yeah Aldo is the rightful favorite but he's going to be challenged like never before and you all know it.

he was challenged by edgar and mendes, if conor can do better than them that most likely means he will win. The edgar fight was very competitive. But I am not saying he will do better than them. We will see

I keep saying that all of Sherdog should just resign themselves to the fact that what TS said is exactly what will happen and that is a fact.

What is Aldo, who is much slower and less explosive than he was in his WEC days, going to do when someone who is larger and has a reach advantage uses his boxing from Conor's unique angles? He's not fast enough and his pure boxing is not good enough to stop that. When Conor is striking from those angles, what counters does he have if any? None, which is why I will get literally anything Conor will end Aldo exactly like Jones ended Shogun.

This is such a weak comparison. Aldo is not as faded Shogun. If anything, his stand up has gotten more refined since coming to the UFC. Although the flying knee hurt Shogun early, Jones dealt out a significant amount of punishment on the ground. Conor will not put Aldo on his back. The McGregor fans are really reaching today.

Back