Aldo says Barao underestimated TJ

And Brazilians with a bunch of shitty exuses as per usual. What a bunch of sore loosers, luckily there are guys like Lyoto and Shogun to bring some kind of respect to brazilian martial arts. I understand a fighter needs to say those things to himself to keep himself motivated, you can't think the other guy is better than you otherwise you're not a fighter anymore, but the way brazilians ALWAYS bring it up after every fucking loss is starting to get really annoying.

And for the record i have nothing against Aldo, the guy is an amazing champion and fighter obviously, i just think he can keep the "reasoning" behind the loss inside his camp. And i agree with him on the classless teasing of TAM wich was AFAIK completly uncalled for.

And Brazilians with a bunch of shitty exuses as per usual. What a bunch of sore loosers, luckily there are guys like Lyoto and Shogun to bring some kind of respect to brazilian martial arts. I understand a fighter needs to say those things to himself to keep himself motivated, you can't think the other guy is better than you otherwise you're not a fighter anymore, but the way brazilians ALWAYS bring it up after every fucking loss is starting to get really annoying.

Reporter asks: why did you think Barao lost?

Aldo answers: TJ was humbler and showed him how things work.

Where's the shitty excuse? It's getting to a point where Brazilians will just have to remain in silence when people ASK THEM to explain losses.

Underestimating your opponent is a bigger weakness IMO than losing due to being bested without underestimation, as it suggests mental weakness as opposed to physical weakness

Reporter asks: why did you think Barao lost?

Aldo answers: TJ was humbler and showed him how things work.

Where's the shitty excuse? It's getting to a point where Brazilians will just have to remain in silence when people ASK THEM to explain losses.

Well you explain the loss without diminishing Dillashaw's win. Just say "blabla he fought a great fight and we obviously weren't prepared properly for it and we will come back better next time." The way Aldo says it makes it sound like Barao ONLY lost because he was overlooking Dillashaw. The truth is Dillashaw had one of the most impressive performances i can remember in MMA, he just looked like a fucking wizard in there. (maybe not in round 1 but after that.)

It's insulting to hear someone diminish his win after such an outstanding fight.

Plus you didn't put the entire quote, there are alot of exuses in what he said.

Jose Aldo said:
Regarding TAM joke: "I found it disrespectful. We always beat them, we both beat faber and never did this. we always respected them, they came to train at our gym, there was never any disrespect from our team towards them. But it's ok. Lets be patient because we'll meet again. Im fighting Chad, and Barao, good willing, is gonna fight TJ again and we will pay them back".
Aldo keeping it classy as usual.

Well you explain the loss without diminishing Dillashaw's win. Just say "blabla he fought a great fight and we obviously weren't prepared properly for it and we will come back better next time." The way Aldo says it makes it sound like Barao ONLY lost because he was overlooking Dillashaw. The truth is Dillashaw had one of the most impressive performances i can remember in MMA, he just looked like a fucking wizard in there. (maybe not in round 1 but after that.)

It's insulting to hear someone diminish his win after such an outstanding fight.

its not the way Aldo says..its the way you understand sir...stop crying.

i can believe that renan underestimated tj. but the way tj looked that night...he would have beaten any version of barao.

He's saying that Barao never thought TJ was capable of that performance. He's saying that Barao took him lightly and paid for it. He's saying that Barao let the p4p thing go to his head, that the thought he was so much better than TJ that he would go in there and win easily and he got a reality check. I dont think he's diminishing TJ's win one bit.

No, he's finished 2. Any more valuable insight to share ITT?

Jung suffered an injury that led to the TKO.

Aldo has become pretty boring to watch since entering the UFC.

WEC Aldo was a monster.

its not the way Aldo says..its the way you understand sir...stop crying.

Are you Aldo? no then you don't know more than me about what he meant by what he said.

The Batman : I think even if he doesn't finish every fight, he still looks amazing out there, and takes alot of risks even in his UFC fights. He just has been fighting a bunch of insanely tough guys lately (Frankie Edgar, Ricardo Lamas, Mark Hominick, Faber etc...) I think his Lamas fight showcased some of the best if not the best Muay Thai we've seen in the UFC. The guy is outstanding every fight. Sure i understand people want finishes but those are champion caliber fighters he's been fighting for awhile.

Last edited:
bu bu bu but.... i thought Aldo had no personality? I've heard him and he can't even speak English

What is this wizardry?

Gosh, how many excuses are there for his loss? First, it was because there was too little time in between fights, now its because he didn't take his opponent seriously? How about TJ was just the better fighter on that night? I can't stand these excuses.

Wtf are you talking about?? All he said was Dana mentioned he's the best p4p fighter and went to his head. The blame isn't on Dana but barao.....Jose pretty much criticized barao for taking TJ lightly.

That is excusemaking. It is saying Barao did not fight to the best of his ability because he believed he was too good.

It is a covert way of saying "The REAL Barao didn't show up!"

Back