Aldo is still a bad matchup for wrestlers. I think he would beat Sterling.

images

8DT1.gif

Aldo is fine Conor did nothing, he was champion after losing to Conor.

the problem is that the fighters have improved, and Aldo not improved.

giphy.gif

4r7FC9zqitlmQ_tCsVZsz5GVuc6YKDFhX8NVDoShdmo8MLrvss8ItHPSdgf0AkPmXy2Wq7xMT158slhP3ETPrc-lY14I9e8vRZ0k1ATKsoqzoblvT0sA_55hlpz0yFH-Hg7buYxvbA

The problem is his cardio, he was beating Max in the first two rounds, until his cardio fails him.

Possibly. He has so many miles on him though, I think if he fought Aljo in a 5 round fight he'd fade hard in the championship rounds (like he did vs Yan). I'd probably favor Aljo to pull off a decision W, although Jose might win a round or two at the start.
Aljo Fades in the first 2 himself

Prime Aldo would be a problem for everybody at 135. While he still has some phenomenal striking, he’s definitely lost a step and his gas tank is questionable at this stage of the game.

A problem???

Bro, Prime Aldo would absolutely rule over BW.

I'd worry if Aldo could last very long after Sterling goes full spaz mode in round 1 trying to gas both of them. For some reason Aldo refuses to up his cardio and just keeps bulking up despite being at his best when he was skinnier

8DT1.gif

Aldo is fine Conor did nothing, he was champion after losing to Conor.

the problem is that the fighters have improved, and Aldo not improved.

Conors mental warfare made Aldo so flustered and angry that he rushed right in on a counterstriker.

His skills havent really faded THAT much and the ones that did, hes compensated with other types of moves. Whats gettin him the Ls is the gastank and maybe his drive.

Aldo is probably something like 85% of his peak durability and speed.

The skill is all there but fighting is a young man's game. The reality is that a diminished Aldo still probably beats everyone outside the top 10 and a handful within it. It is also true he will only diminish further from here.

Prime Aldo was one of the GOATS. Current Aldo just isn't champ material anymore and his gas tank is becoming even more of a problem Sterling could wear him down.
This is true.. but Sterling’s gas tank didn’t exactly look spectacular out against Yan

styles make fights. its possible he could win.

Back