Aldo is still a bad matchup for wrestlers. I think he would beat Sterling.

Not just wrestlers. Aldo still has the skills of a champ. He outstruck Yan for (I think) 2 rounds, not by swarming him with high volume pitter patter but actually outstriking him with technical damaging blows. Nobody else has done that. But like people are saying, he doesn't have the gastank anymore.

Speaks volumes about how fucking elite Aldo was YEARS AGO to be able to hang in 2021 with all his mileage

Aldo wins pretty easily I think, even at this stage in his career.

The only thing I want more than Yan coming back and smoking Aljo is for Aldo to beat Aljo and become champ again then retire.
The best thing that could happen is for Aljo to choke Yan unconscious in the rematch. The salt around this place would be legendary. If Aldo then got the next fight somehow and knocked Aljo unconscious the energy around this place would be equally legendary.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

Aldo by soccer kicks

In a three round fight, Aldo still can beat ANYONE. Literelly, anyone. I mean, he arguably could have won against Yan if it were a three round fight.

Five rounds... not so much.

Prime Aldo would be a problem for everybody at 135. While he still has some phenomenal striking, he’s definitely lost a step and his gas tank is questionable at this stage of the game.
Aldo has always had suspect cardio, I'm not sure why people act like this is something that recently appeared. He's always faded in the later rounds he's just been losing to killers. Lost to everyone who went on to hold a belt aside from Marlon who many think he beat. He's been losing to guys with good cardio and striking so they can put the pace on him till he tires.

Aljo wants Cejudo but I think Henry would also destroy him

Can't believe what Conors mental warfare did to Aldo.

Aldo Is a tough match up for anybody at 135, 145, and even 155. Not unbeatable, but tough. If Aldo goes for the kill vs Sterling he could get the finish in the first 2 rounds, but otherwise he likely loses a decision or gets finished late.

I would have loved to see a prime Aldo vs Khabib. Would be a very tough fight for both of them, and I honestly can't say who would win

Yeah Aldo has been on the wrong ends of some BEATDOWNS but his TDD still holds up. Im pretty sure he's a bad matchup for the champ. Too bad there's alot of killers between him and the champ. Would be cool to see him retire with the BW belt.

I think Sterling has been the beneficiary of good matchups and 3 round fights.

I honestly don't think he's championship level

Aldo Is a tough match up for anybody at 135, 145, and even 155. Not unbeatable, but tough. If Aldo goes for the kill vs Sterling he could get the finish in the first 2 rounds, but otherwise he likely loses a decision or gets finished late.

I would have loved to see a prime Aldo vs Khabib. Would be a very tough fight for both of them, and I honestly can't say who would win
I think Aldo is a bit too small for that matchup to be truly interesting.

Not sure about Aljo finishing him. Holloway and Yan finished Aldo late but they messed him up on the feet first. Also, those guys seems to always thrive late. Yan/Sterling was going in a very ugly direction for Sterling.
Hey I'd want your prediction to be right dude

Can't believe what Conors mental warfare did to Aldo.
images

8DT1.gif

Aldo is fine Conor did nothing, he was champion after losing to Conor.

the problem is that the fighters have improved, and Aldo not improved.

giphy.gif

4r7FC9zqitlmQ_tCsVZsz5GVuc6YKDFhX8NVDoShdmo8MLrvss8ItHPSdgf0AkPmXy2Wq7xMT158slhP3ETPrc-lY14I9e8vRZ0k1ATKsoqzoblvT0sA_55hlpz0yFH-Hg7buYxvbA

Yan I believe is a bad matchup for Aldo but Sterling is far better.

A huge factor is still how the cut affects his already usually weak cardio over 5 rounds. He also really needs to manage his energy better. If the same Aldo from the second fight vs Chad Mendes shows up, he runs away with the fight IMO. I feel that Aldo can pick his shots better at times. He seems throw a lot of shots at 100% all the time. Even in the first Max fight when he had hurt Max I thought to myself "If Max weathers this, he'll probably win because Aldo is noticeably slowing down"

I think Aldo is a bit too small for that matchup to be truly interesting.
Could be, but if he has a speed advantage and quick reactions to TDs, he could control the fight better than most. Unlike Tibau he wouldn't spend the whole time defending and forget to attack. His boxing is slick and he's got great footwork, so he could piece up Khabib from a distance. He's also not a white belt off his back, so i think he'd have better defense there than most as well. Certainly better than Gaethje.

I wouldn't favor Aldo, but I wouldn't say he's got no chance, either.

I think Aldo is a top 5 all time GOAT, even though he's clearly past prime, he still puts up competitive fights vs the best or very highly ranked guys. He has a lot of fight mileage & clearly cardio is a bigger issue for him these days (even in his prime, his cardio was suspect). I think Aldo would win the first 2 rds vs Sterling but then fade.

Aldo can beat anybody in a 3 rounds fight, but his cardio can't hold up to a 5 round fight..

Back