Aldo: "I have two fights left, then im moving to boxing"

Why? This is what 0-1 pro boxer did to him

People need to realise MMA fighters can’t box, if they could they would

He has better boxing than conor and actually went to a boxing trainer to learn the craft - Robert Garcia.

That would never happen again - Aldo has learned that lesson. He won't run in chin first again.

And calling conor a boxer is laughable - he may have one boxing match but he is more Palooka than boxer.

That body shot on Stephens went to Aldo's head even worse than I thought.

Well the beauty with boxing is that any bum can amass a nice 30-fight winning streak if he has a good manager. Plenty of cans out there willing to get their asses beat for a few hundred bucks.

MMA Fighters think boxing is a piece of cake because they only use the hands...............Mcgregor vs May should be an example of what to expect on this transition......

So dumb. His TDD is his greatest attribute. He wants to enter a sport where it's useless.

Aldo without leg kicks is a profoundly different fighter. This is not a good path for him unless he's womping on scrubs for fun.

“I’m going to stop the sport I’m good at and go to a sport I’m bad at”

Ok aldo

Why? MMA is his bread and butter. That TDD, those kicks...

He'll never be elite, but he can definitely rack up a nice record fighting low level dudes. Hell, might even get a shot at an vacant title against some upcoming guy that they'll feed him to.

MMA Fighters think boxing is a piece of cake because they only use the hands...............Mcgregor vs May should be an example of what to expect on this transition......
An mma fighter should expect to go 12 rounds with a goat? Lol

giphy.gif

I'd rather see him do kickboxing. I never thought Aldo had stellar boxing or anything. He was the best when you have the threat of the leg kick.

Not really

Theres only one Floyd..and hes far ahead of the rest

Conor is barely a boxer, so the comparison is a battle between two extremes on either end

I think aldo can transition just fine..the money in kickboxing is shit , UFC isnt paying right..Boxing is still paying the best so it makes sense business wise..just has to focus all his energy to boxing and he'll be fine..he has to immerse himself fully

I'll be sad to see Aldo go, always loved his fights since WEC days.

Well he doesn’t kick anymore so I guess boxing is an option. He’ll be fighting cans in Brazil

Great for Jose. I hope he retires young and never comes back..... mma gets nasty as you get older, I wish him a healthy life free of any cte... He is a legend and im sure he made good money in his career.

That body shot on Stephens went to Aldo's head even worse than I thought.

Well the beauty with boxing is that any bum can amass a nice 30-fight winning streak if he has a good manager. Plenty of cans out there willing to get their asses beat for a few hundred bucks.
And the same can be said of MMA. There are plenty of bums who or mediocre fighters that get to the top in MMA.

An mma fighter should expect to go 12 rounds with a goat? Lol
His fans were claiming he was going to knock floyd out. And afterwards they echoed your statement about how "at least conor went 10rds". Floyd let conor get that far. When floyd doesn't fuck around he fucks unskilled buffoons up. Floyd knew he had to put on a show and did that and gave the illusion that conor was a bit of a threat. If he wanted to he could have ended it within 2-3rds and Tenshin'd conor.

I thought he wanted to play soccer.

Lol. If you are laughing at the thought of him starting boxing at 32 imagine football...guys retire at that age a lot. Good footballers. Not Aldo.

Back