Aldo deserving of the flak he gets for pulling out? The numbers...

OP isn't really defending Aldo but tattling on the otherz.

It's like the co-worker or school kid that gets blamed for something & then points over to the crowd of other people who are doing the same thing.

Still doesn't excuse it. :cool:

No dummy. When Aldo, Jones and GSP all have a comparable pullout ratio, it means that they are not the bad ones/exceptions like the 'bad co-workers' you are referencing. Standout champions like that have done more (high level) fights, fought more 5 rounders and have typically been around for many years. I know that some random couch potato can't be expected to understand this but you could at least try.

Simple question: How many long-standing UFC champions have better track record as far as not dropping out of title fights? Anderson and?

So do Jones, Aldo and GSP all deserve to be crucified ...or is it perhaps that fans (as usual) have no fucking clue about the realities of fight life and their standards are ridiculous?

Your data do not support your implication that no one but Anderson has a better track record than Aldo for not pulling out of fights. You'd need to redo the numbers looking only at title fights.

Also, you listed Jones as pulling out of 151. That's an obvious factual error. Find his real number and we can talk.
GSP has a significantly lower ratio of pullouts to fights, why would we crucify him the same as Aldo?
I think Weidman is probably the best guy to go looking for as a match for Aldo's pullout rats. The guy seems 50/50.

If I were trying to defend ALdo, and from time to time I do, I'd focus on his amazing skills as a fighter. Defending other aspects of his career is substantially more difficult.

You've made an Idiot of yourself ts. Actually LOOK at your source.

It says jones pulled out of UFC 151. he didn't, hendo did. UFC 177 was no pullout, the bout was reschedualed to ufc 178. Where Gustufson pulled out, and was replaced by cormier. then Jones pulled out.

So no, Jones is not worse than aldo. and it's not close.

So refusing a fight with a blown up MW is better than pulling out due to injury? LOL you can't be serious...

Where is the outrage for Jones pulling out of 5 fights vs 10 defenses?

Part of what the stats show is that long reigning champions will pull out more often. You can claim that they do it to protect their belt but then explain to me why Jones, one of the most polarizing fighters out there, has never gotten anywhere close to the amount of hate for "pulling out of title fights". GSP's ratio isn't that much better so again: where was the vitriol back when he was active?

Looks to me like a lot of guys here have been caught with a foot in their mouth and are now grasping for straws. Not a single one of you has manned up so far.
You can't defend someone by saying "well this other guy did it too" and "why isn't he getting the same shit". That's not a valid argument sorry dude.

Simple question: How many long-standing UFC champions have better track record as far as not dropping out of title fights? Anderson and?

So do Jones, Aldo and GSP all deserve to be crucified ...or is it perhaps that fans (as usual) have no fucking clue about the realities of fight life and their standards are ridiculous?

Well first off people were complaining about his career since he has been in the UFC. Jones get plenty of shit for not being able to fight it just he fucks up so much out of the ring you hear more about that subject then anything else. GSP has not been active in a while people do not bring him up much anymore on this forum en less it is about him coming back to fight.

Conor McGregor ratio 0
9IsmmAu.png

Yea no injuries but he just doesn't show up when he doesn't get his way. Much more better.

Besides, why would anyone talk about Jones' or GSP's pull-out rates when GSP hasn't fought in 3 years and Jones has all sorts of funny business going on? They got their flak then.

Aldo's relevant because he just got the FW belt back on a platter, and Conor says Aldo's pull-out rate makes it hard for him to commit to that rematch, given how he pulled out last time after the "world tour". That's the real topic disguised as some goofy stat.

So refusing a fight with a blown up MW is better than pulling out due to injury? LOL you can't be serious...

I never said it is. I said it wasn't a pullout. Unlike aldo. Who actually pulls out.

You're acting like a dumbass, this whole thread and rhetoric is "don't be mad at aldo! hate on jones and GSP too!" It's juvenile and immature. ESPECIALLY when you consider that jones and GSP are two of the most hated fighters on this forum.

No dummy. When Aldo, Jones and GSP all have a comparable pullout ratio, it means that they are not the bad ones/exceptions like the 'bad co-workers' you are referencing. Standout champions like that have done more (high level) fights, fought more 5 rounders and have typically been around for many years. I know that some random couch potato can't be expected to understand this but you could at least try.
I can insult people too you low rent douche bag slime that oozed up from the gutter. I'm very sorry to have given you 50 cents when you came up to my vehicle's window the other day now that I find out what an insulting bitch you are.

Fact is I probably work harder than you ever have even thought... & I've been a hard core MMA fan before you even knew what it waz. So whenever you're done suckling on your mommaz tit & want to have a real conversation then we'll see what's up.

All you've done here is present other champions that have pulled out several times as well. My point still standz that it doezn't matter who else doez it. Multiple pullouts are a problem.

If you really want to do this without the insults I would appreciate that more... since it's so close to christmas... but we can do this insult thing too if that's the only way you know how to communicate or something.

Last edited:
I appreciate the work put in to this argument and wish more people would do so when trying to prove a point; But we all know these numbers will be ignored by the vast majority of Sherdoggers.

Predictably, some are dropping in and still refusing to eat their crow. Instead we have tap dancing: now Jones refusing to fight Sonnen on short notice is apparently not as reprehensible as dropping out due to an injury. LOL

It's ok though. The numbers are up now and the smart people are not going to lie to themselves the way some of these clowns are doing.

Conor fights anyone worth fighting. Jose Aldo is the other guy

Dude somehow got a FW title shot without fighting Edgar, Swanson, Lamas, Oliveira, Stephens. Guy had 2 top 10 wins and one of those was against Mendes on 8 days notice. He was and still is protected from good grapplers

Let's just include UFC fights buddy.

I never said it is. I said it wasn't a pullout. Unlike aldo. Who actually pulls out.

straws1.jpg

You're acting like a dumbass, this whole thread and rhetoric is "don't be mad at aldo! hate on jones and GSP too!" It's juvenile and immature. ESPECIALLY when you consider that jones and GSP are two of the most hated fighters on this forum.

WRONG

Nobody gives a flying shit About his regional fights.

Aldo has pulled out of half of his scheduled UFC fights and had massive gaps between fights.

enjoy your troll thread and childish insults.

No dummy. When Aldo, Jones and GSP all have a comparable pullout ratio,
Have you looked over your own data? Your numbers for Jones are wrong and you list GSP as having roughly 50% fewer pullouts than Aldo. It's not comparable.

This narrative that Aldo pulls out a lot was fabricated by brainless McGregor fans after he pulled out from UFC 189. It's complete and utter bullshit. Also it's hard to compare Aldo with other fighters because he only had title fights in the UFC and has been champion for years.
5 times in 9 UFC fights.

Let's stop with the bullshit once and for all.

The important part though, is pullout-to-fights ratio. Looking at those numbers, the hypocrisy of the posters bashing Aldo is revealed; no one on this list has ever gotten a fraction of the criticism that Aldo has been getting over the past year, and yet:

Jones' is slightly worse
Rockhold's is much worse
Pettis' and Rory's are only slightly better

Now redo thse figures, but only include TITLE FIGHTS

And you will see Aldo and GSP top of the tree.

Its not "puling out of fights" people have the issue with its "pulling out of title fights/main cards"

Jones got a lot of heat for the Sonnen card and getting injured for the big DC fight. His outside the cage stuff plays a part on where the focus is, too. GSP didn't pull-out much as champ, then he got a serious injury and re-injured himself, while Aldo's aren't as bad. People were concerned if GSP could fight again because of his knee.

You made this stat to skew people's perceptions, when all they've been complaining about is recency.

I didn't 'make this stat' - they were compiled by Bloody Elbow (see link). And your post is just tap dancing. "GSP had serious injuries, Aldo's aren't as bad" ...this sort of logic is ridiculous. You are just being stubborn when confronted with reality. Your choice - I'm not going to waste my time with your mental gymnastics.

You're a moron. if you actually don't think jones and GSP get WAY WAY WAY more hate for a MUCH MUCH MUCH longer time than aldo i dont even know what to tell you fam. have a nice night.

Back