Albums You Remember After Breakups

Not necessarily albums about breakups or sad songs, but albums that stand out in your mind after the relationship comes to an end and its fresh in your mind.

A few years ago it was Ulrich Schnauss' "Far Away Trains Passing By" and this year its Kendrick Lamar's excellent "good kid, m.A.A.d city."

Fuck yeah, another Ulrich Schnauss listener! Mad props.

Here are some albums I listened to as my past relationships fell through the tubes:

Seefeel- Quique
Burial- Untrue
Thievery Corporation- The Cosmic Game
The Flashbulb- Opus at the End of Everything
Bogdan Raczynski- Alright!
Weezer- The Blue Album
LCD Soundsystem- Sound of Silver
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark- The Singles
Joy Division- Unknown Pleasures
New Order- Power, Corruption, and Lies
Slowdive- Souvlaki
The Radio Dept.- Lesser Matters

under teh table and dreaming

under+the+table+and+dreaming.jpg

So i got somethin new to see
You just gon' keep hatin me
We just gona be enemies
I know you can't believe
I could just leave it wrong
And you can't make it right
So ima take off tonight

That song reminds me of my ex everytime. [/homo]

Here are some albums I listened to as my past relationships fell through the tubes:

Seefeel- Quique
Burial- Untrue
Weezer- The Blue Album
Slowdive- Souvlaki

Jesus you've been dumped a lot!!

Bitch don't kill my vibe
Bitch don't kill my vibe

Kendrick Lamar is all up in my head after that skank fucked me over.

Side 2 of Hotel California by the Eagles. Yes it was on vinal and yes I'm old. Ended up getting married to her and then divorced 17 years later. But great side of the album!!

I went through my divorce right after the Guns N Roses Use Your Illusion albums came out. I remember listening to "Estranged" off of #2 and it made me feel like my heart was being pulled through my ribcage.

yeah - i think maybe they know they'll always be able to get another guy to put up with their crap (as long as their looks hold out).

I think what eats me the most was the way I allowed myself to be treated - never before or since.

mostly stopped worrying and giving a hoot about her - but every now and then.

TGA are my favorite band and that my favorite album from them so is a bit of a catch 22 situation with that album.

That's exactly it- they know you're disposable and someone else will come along and tolerate them.

Its funny- I think the exact same thing- allowing me to be treated that way is what eats me the most as well. I hate myself for putting up with that- and yeah, it will never happen again, amen brotha.

I need to listen to more TGA- loved that song man.

Seefeel- Quique
Burial- Untrue
Weezer- The Blue Album
Slowdive- Souvlaki

*brofist* Never thought I'd run into a Schnauss fan here, mad props back.

Love the list, love it man. Big Slow Dive and Thievery Corporation fan here too.

*brofist* Never thought I'd run into a Schnauss fan here, mad props back.

Love the list, love it man. Big Slow Dive and Thievery Corporation fan here too.

Thanks, mate. Good to know there's people in these forums that love this ish *epic brofist*

Jesus you've been dumped a lot!!

tbf, I've been in several short-lived disasters in recent years, but that list reflects more of the amount of music I listen to than the amount of breakups :wink:

Deftones - Diamond Eyes. Incidentally Deftones - Koi No Yokan is one that comes to mind in my new relationship.

Adrenaline still kills me after many years because I listened to it obsessively after a girl devastated me.

Back