Albums You Remember After Breakups

Tankeray

Primordial Covenant
@Silver
Reaction score
Not necessarily albums about breakups or sad songs, but albums that stand out in your mind after the relationship comes to an end and its fresh in your mind.

A few years ago it was Ulrich Schnauss' "Far Away Trains Passing By" and this year its Kendrick Lamar's excellent "good kid, m.A.A.d city."

Broke up with a girl in HS and I still liked her but I remember her going to see the Kings Of Leon with some other dude.

Fuckin hated the Kings Of Leon for a long time after.

Deftones - Diamond Eyes. Incidentally Deftones - Koi No Yokan is one that comes to mind in my new relationship.

Deftones - Diamond Eyes. Incidentally Deftones - Koi No Yokan is one that comes to mind in my new relationship.

I need to pick that album up, I keep forgetting about it. Love Deftones.

The '59 Sound by The Gaslight Anthem for me. 4yrs later and it still eats away at me (good looking heartless bitchs suck).

The '59 Sound by The Gaslight Anthem for me. 4yrs later and it still eats away at me (good looking heartless bitchs suck).

I feel you man. The hottest ones are usually the most heartless. I've learned that sometimes you can't care too much...even though you want to.

Blacklisted - No One Deserves to Be Here More than Me came out after a particularly hard breakup and immediately became my most personally relatable album I've ever heard.

The CDs an ex took from my room and never returned.

Alice In Chains-Dirt.....Alice In Chains Unpluged, Pearl Jam -Ten, Sleep -Dopesmoker

For Emma, Forever Ago from Bon Iver would be my choice

I feel you man. The hottest ones are usually the most heartless. I've learned that sometimes you can't care too much...even though you want to.

yeah - i think maybe they know they'll always be able to get another guy to put up with their crap (as long as their looks hold out).

I think what eats me the most was the way I allowed myself to be treated - never before or since.

mostly stopped worrying and giving a hoot about her - but every now and then.

TGA are my favorite band and that my favorite album from them so is a bit of a catch 22 situation with that album.

For Emma, Forever Ago from Bon Iver would be my choice

"Skinny Love" got me through a lot of shit this year. Beautiful song.

Taking Back Sunday's "Tell All Your Friends" was pretty big for me when my first relationship ended, still love that CD to this day.

eitheror.jpg

Back