Movies AL Pacino Movie Marathon (Movie #13 - The Devil's Advocate)

Bisex gives it a 10 as well you're not alone. He might have wanted kids but to end his empire which is what he chose to do since he didn't kill the guy who was going to give the speech then he ultimately chose strangers over his life. I mean I guess he couldn't have thought about that and just acted out in rage but that's what he did.

The last 12 mins I could watch all the time it's so good. Perfect ending to an excellent movie. Carlito was good but nowhere close to Scarface. Penn was excellent and stood out over all. Have that in the 8 range.

But in Tony's mind he was untouchable so it didnt matter if sosa came after him. Probably figured he would step over Sosa eventually like he did Frank. He simply didnt feel the threat like he should have.

Carlitos way, I have that between an 8.5 and a 9. I mean it's great in it's own right and I have almost no problems with it but for me Scarface is a step above.

But in Tony's mind he was untouchable so it didnt matter if sosa came after him. Probably figured he would step over Sosa eventually like he did Frank. He simply didnt feel the threat like he should have.

Carlitos way, I have that between an 8.5 and a 9. I mean it's great in it's own right and I have almost no problems with it but for me Scarface is a step above.

That's true. Either way it doesn't take anything away from the film for me. Carlito would make the top 10 Pacino movies for me but not top 5. Scarface is for sure top 5.

Carlito might make my top 5. Still some pacino I need to see. Scarface is top 3 for me, maybe even 1.

Nothing will take the godfathers top spots for me. Heat is probably top 5 along with scent. But I'll know for sure when I watch more and re watch some.

I think I'm gonna watch insomnia next and then watch his 70s work which is the best imo

Nothing will take the godfathers top spots for me. Heat is probably top 5 along with scent. But I'll know for sure when I watch more and re watch some.

I think I'm gonna watch insomnia next and then watch his 70s work which is the best imo

I'm not as big on heat as others. Might give it another try.

I think the scenes are iconic but I can see where ppl say it's a bit slow. The shootout scene is one of the best I've seen in film tho.

Excellent cast though.

I think I watched the tv edit so maybe I missed some stuff. Just remember thinking it was good and then didnt think much about it.

I like insomnia too, a lot. Very different from usual Nolan films and a fantastic ending.

I think I watched the tv edit so maybe I missed some stuff. Just remember thinking it was good and then didnt think much about it.

I like insomnia too, a lot. Very different from usual Nolan films and a fantastic ending.

I'm just really big on Pacino and Robin so them working together was awesome to see. Robin stole that show imo Hilary was a great co star as well.

Carlito is a high 8 for me. Could be a 9 depending on rewatch but it's borderline excellent for me. Somewhere in the 8.7 range. Might be his best gangster film of the 90s. Will need to see Donnie Brasco again.

I'm just really big on Pacino and Robin so them working together was awesome to see. Robin stole that show imo Hilary was a great co star as well.

Carlito is a high 8 for me. Could be a 9 depending on rewatch but it's borderline excellent for me. Somewhere in the 8.7 range. Might be his best gangster film of the 90s. Will need to see Donnie Brasco again.

I watched donnie brasco recently. I thought it was really good, pacino stole the show I thought.

*Movie #2 Carlitos Way

carlitosway-1600x900-c-default.jpg

Synopsis: A Puerto Rican former convict, just released from prison, pledges to stay away from drugs and violence despite the pressure around him and lead on to a better life outside of N.Y.C.

My rating: 8/10

Great film, borderline excellent. I enjoyed the story, I thought Penn gave the best performance and I felt the ending was a lot better then I first gave it credit for. It actually made perfect sense watching again this time around. I think this and Scarface are easily Brian DePalmas best films which is saying a lot since he has a lot of good ones. There wasn't much I didn't like about the film, all in all worth watching if you haven't seen it.

Carlitos Way, straight classic in the “gangster “ genre.

Sean Penn was unrecognizable and played a different dimension of a character imo. Especially when the movie was fresh, now that you’ve watched it 50 times it seems all natural.

*Movie #2 Carlitos Way

carlitosway-1600x900-c-default.jpg

Synopsis: A Puerto Rican former convict, just released from prison, pledges to stay away from drugs and violence despite the pressure around him and lead on to a better life outside of N.Y.C.

My rating: 8/10

Great film, borderline excellent. I enjoyed the story, I thought Penn gave the best performance and I felt the ending was a lot better then I first gave it credit for. It actually made perfect sense watching again this time around. I think this and Scarface are easily Brian DePalmas best films which is saying a lot since he has a lot of good ones. There wasn't much I didn't like about the film, all in all worth watching if you haven't seen it.

I wasnt a big fan of the ending either. Also didnt love the narration, or at least some elements seemed a little too cheesey. I mean pacino's performance overall while great in Carlito has a certain SNL character thing going on that scarface doesnt. Beside that, for me it also lacks something scarface has. Maybe just a factor of being such a tied spiritual sequel to it.

Still love it though.

Carlito's Way wasn't terrible but I wasn't really that fond of it. Sean Penn was great in it but aside from that didn't find it to be all that memorable or worthy of a must see recommendation. Al Pacino's character just seemed like they tried to create a more humanized version of Tony Montana with making viewer feeling more empathic but it falls short. The ending was all too predictable too and the production & performances overall seem rather tacky, I'd probably give it a 7 and think it's a rather mid range film from Pacino's catalogue.

I love Carlito's Way. One of my favorites. The acting is superb in this film, specifically Sean Penn. What a transformation. He really played the part perfectly. The plot/story is great and even the love story between Al & Penelope was very good. It's a masterpiece imo.

Movie #3 Insomnia

insomnia-revisited-4.jpg

Synopsis: Two Los Angeles homicide detectives are dispatched to a northern town where the sun doesn't set to investigate the methodical murder of a local teen.

My Rating: 7/10

It's good, I'd even say really good but not great. The cast was great (Pacino, Williams, Swank) the story was good (won't go into too much detail but a cop that's slowly losing a grip on reality due to the case, along with living in Alaska when it's daylight 24/7)

I enjoyed seeing Robin on screen again and this is one of if not thee best Pacino movie since the 00s but still a huge drop from his 90s run.

As far as Nolan films go this wouldn't crack my top 5 but still worth checking out at least once.

He’s one of my favorite actors, but I’ve always wondered why he’s kept that Alf
accent since Scent of a Woman.

Movie #3 Insomnia

insomnia-revisited-4.jpg

Synopsis: Two Los Angeles homicide detectives are dispatched to a northern town where the sun doesn't set to investigate the methodical murder of a local teen.

My Rating: 7/10

It's good, I'd even say really good but not great. The cast was great (Pacino, Williams, Swank) the story was good (won't go into too much detail but a cop that's slowly losing a grip on reality due to the case, along with living in Alaska when it's daylight 24/7)

I enjoyed seeing Robin on screen again and this is one of if not thee best Pacino movie since the 00s but still a huge drop from his 90s run.

As far as Nolan films go this wouldn't crack my top 5 but still worth checking out at least once.
At least an 8/10 for me.

Seen Insomnia a million times.

Excellent film, IMO

Back