Airrosti

Bry

Blue Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I am on my second break from tendonitis in the elbow, from what i believe to be from doing wide grip pullups.
This time I decided to go to the doctor and get a referral to a sports med ortho.
What I left with was a recommendation to visit the Airrosti Rehab Center in the same office.
I had done a little research in the past, and thought I would give it a go.
I had my first visit today. It amounted to 30 minutes of treatment, and then 30 minutes of rehab exercises? Basically a couple of stretches, the using a small ball to roll the affected areas.
I have been given instructions to go back to lifting and exercising as usual, to see if the treatment is working. The only exception is to avoid bench press, and to do overhead press with dumbbells.
He believes that the elbow is getting irritated because of a shoulder weakness.
He also thinks that I will be 95% pain free after two more treatments.

So thought I would share, and give my review for the next two visits.

The first treatment was a little painful, but my elbow did feel better when driving home. Driving caused discomfort.

Thanks

Bry

Airrosti/manual therapy made a bigger difference than anything else in returning my ROM after ACL reconstruction. It took more than three sessions, but I got immediate and permanent gains to my range of motion every single session. By comparison, the forced stretches I was doing in physical therapy would add a degree or two a session, and would be about an 8 or 9 on the pain scale. (more painful than my car wreck, more painful than crushing salt into my broken blisters after a hand tear, more painful than getting burned). By contrast, airrosti was about a 3 or 4 on the pain scale, and it went away quickly. If you have to do any rehab after a major injury, I would highly advise doing SOME sort of manual therapy for sure.

The PT portion was a waste of time though. I only scheduled for days when their PT wasn't in.

(It was a waste of time because my other PT was better)

Last edited:
I did 3 appointments with airrosi for my shoulder. In those 3 treatments I got full range of motion back. It definitely helps, but you still gotta do alot of pt/bands/etc.. on your own. The massage and forced stretches do help quite a bit though.

I haven't had airrosti before but the biggest help I've had dealing with tendonitis in my elbow was filling a dixie cup with water, freezing it, then using the cylinder of ice to roll on the inside of my elbow. Sounds kind of similar to what you describe.

I don't know why I would care about the integrity of intellectual property in my medical treatment. If something has clinical efficacy, stealing is the thing you're supposed to do.

I don't know why I would care about the integrity of intellectual property in my medical treatment. If something has clinical efficacy, stealing is the thing you're supposed to do.

I am not critiquing the stolen ideas. My insurance does not cover airrosti because of the way they bill. I was mentioning this because if someone was in the same position as me the know there are practitioners who use the same method under a different name that insurance may cover.

I had my second appointment.
Observations:
1. Discomfort in the elbow has decreased while driving and working on computer.
2. Second treatment throbbed for a good six hours after.
3. Did pull-ups last Friday with no discomfort. Only did 5x5.
4. The PT portion of the treatment is a total joke.

I have one more appointment scheduled.
When talking to the PT, he said they took several different methods and combined them into one treatment.
I do not like the way they bill, insurance doesn't cover shit.
But, if it works, then the $450 is worth it.

Bry

Observations:

When talking to the PT, he said they took several different methods and combined them into one treatment.

Bry

Are you paying 450 per appointment?? I think i was paying like 175 :icon_neut

Observations:

Bry

So about $150 a visit? My friend is a provider and said I could come see him for the de quervain's that's been bugging me for a while.

Glad your pain seems to be getting better.

Observations:

Bry

Damn dude $450? I got a PT to work on my elbow and my insurance covered it. He was a really good PT and I am feeling a little discomfort after the 3rd visit. I can at least do pull ups now and pick up a gallon of milk.

My insurance covered it as well. Just had to pay the copay. Arriosti bills retarded so insurance won't cover it.

Back