Aikido

The problem with Aikido is that the founder trained hard in Daito-Ryu Aikijujutsu and.........no one else has.

So you have this incredible martial artist and weapons expert who makes an incredible system based in swordplay mixed with Japanese jujutsu, and then...well everyone else, who doesn't do anything effective training wise, or really care.

I once talked to a female Aikido third degree black belt who never had to use her skills ever in a combat situation.

I love Aikido's philosophy and respect o-sensei Morihei Ueshiba, but it is not going to be too difficult to get past.

That is also hitting it right on the head, basically Ueshiba's early aikido was great and then everything since then has been exponentially watered down to the point of just going through the motions. Hence why i also do Muay Thai now.

I am curious, what does your intructor think about clinching? I mean, I did some aikido back in my younger days but as far as I can remember we didnt do any clinch defence or something like that.

do us proud, bring the videos

ok i figured i would bump the thread and let everyone know the asshole backed down at weigh ins the morning of. he saw that i was American and 6 inches taller than him and just said no way. I was pissed but now i'm on the Philippine National Team and we fight Iran in August so I'll post that vid for sure.

Back