Crime Ahmaud Arbery Shooting v4 (autopsy report)

Are you saying he shouldn't take some blame?

Armed assailants is bit strong lol. More like 3 buffoons who fucked up on a citizens arrest.

And technically running away was working.. what didn't work was what the dumb ass did..
Even if he had got the shotgun away from lil McMichael there was a more experienced dude in the truck with a gun.
In my opinion what AA was thinking is he had to do something before the cops came. I don't know if he was on probation from previous offensives but I'm sure he could hear the sirens getting closer and having dumb and Dumber chasing around after him wasn't helping the situation for him to get away.

Like I said I'm just monday morning qbing this and it's only one very simple man's opinion.

You keep reminding us that it's your opinion when you're both wrong factually (Arbery didn't rush Travis, and there was no person-to-person physical altercation until Travis chased Arbery around the front of the truck, as has been shown multiple times by multiple posters who took the time to screenshot the video and show it to you and others; Which has gone unnoticed) and relying so heavily on assumptions.

It's more than one or two steps for the shooter
McMichaels was already at front left of truck before AA goes to right side. Video also shows they meet up on drivers side. It's a couple of steps from his position at that time. I apologize I wasn't clear on my post

You keep reminding us that it's your opinion when you're both wrong factually (Arbery didn't rush Travis, and there was no person-to-person physical altercation until Travis chased Arbery around the front of the truck, as has been shown multiple times by multiple posters who took the time to screenshot the video and show it to you and others; Which has gone unnoticed) and relying so heavily on assumptions.
They may have posted screen shots but doesn't necessarily mean I seen them. the video i seen they both met on drivers side of truck. I'll skim through the old threads and have a look for those screen shots.

McMichaels was already at front left of truck before AA goes to right side. Video also shows they meet up on drivers side. It's a couple of steps from his position at that time. I apologize I wasn't clear on my post

Since we're making assumptions (and you claim that you can't tell that the shotgun was aimed at any point, but have the clarity to know close to the front of the truck Travis was), wouldn't Travis moving to the front of the truck beforehand (which doesn't seem to be the case, no matter how often I watch the video) mean that he was anticipating Arbery to run toward the front of the truck? How does that look good for Travis, to exit the truck with his shotgun, move to the front of the truck, and wait? That could be argued as "planning", in fact.

McMichaels was already at front left of truck before AA goes to right side.

False. McMichaels moves that direction after Arbery has changed direction from the left side of the road to the right lane to evade McMichael. The entire reason he goes that direction is because Arbery changes his. McMichaels clearly was standing in the road brandishing a deadly weapon intending to confront Arbery and saw him attempt to evade this confrontation by changing directions so he moved himself around his truck into a better position to confront Arbery.

Are you actually arguing McMichael's didn't see Arbery go right and by coincidence just started rushing around the front of his truck with a shotgun right and after he does whoops, runs into Arbery by accident?

Are you saying he shouldn't take some blame?
His panicked reaction contributed, yes. It's just that I don't think a black man in the South being chased by a couple of armed bubbas should be held to much of a standard for reasonable action.

Armed assailants is bit strong lol. More like 3 buffoons who fucked up on a citizens arrest.
Dude, they literally shotgunned a guy to death in the street and you think calling them "armed assailants" is too harsh? Can't say I agree.

And technically running away was working.. what didn't work was what the dumb ass did..
Even if he had got the shotgun away from lil McMichael there was a more experienced dude in the truck with a gun.
In my opinion what AA was thinking is he had to do something before the cops came. I don't know if he was on probation from previous offensives but I'm sure he could hear the sirens getting closer and having dumb and Dumber chasing around after him wasn't helping the situation for him to get away.

Like I said I'm just monday morning qbing this and it's only one very simple man's opinion.
I'd say I generally agree on the rest here.

Legitimate fear if you are a black in the south or media driven fear.. it's 2020 you're describing what sounds like the 1920's (or some other date in the 1900's..Im just not that good with my southern history)

There probably is more to fear on the reverse.

But Id sooner think AA was more afraid of the cops showing up than being shot by those 3. Hell he was probably chased a half dozen times by the locals down there.
Lol real fear. Take away the race component of this.

You're being followed by two men in a truck you don't know, you run away and there's a 2nd truck with someone you don't know attempting to cut you off. You keep running and that second truck that previously tried to cut you off is behind you, the first truck is now in front of you and stopped in the road.... The driver is outside of the truck in the other lane holding a shotgun, the passenger of that truck is now standing in the bed of the pickup truck.

You really think that's not a situation to be in fear of your life over?

4 threads on this has to favor the defendants.

Since we're making assumptions (and you claim that you can't tell that the shotgun was aimed at any point, but have the clarity to know close to the front of the truck Travis was), wouldn't Travis moving to the front of the truck beforehand (which doesn't seem to be the case, no matter how often I watch the video) mean that he was anticipating Arbery to run toward the front of the truck? How does that look good for Travis, to exit the truck with his shotgun, move to the front of the truck, and wait? That could be argued as "planning", in fact.
I'm not sure how to answer this.
I said it does look like he is pointing the gun at Travis but not 100 percent sure. The video is zoomed and grainy where as the video of him left front of truck isn't zoomed in so I guess that's why I'm a little more certain.

Lol real fear. Take away the race component of this.

You're being followed by two men in a truck you don't know, you run away and there's a 2nd truck with someone you don't know attempting to cut you off. You keep running and that second truck that previously tried to cut you off is behind you, the first truck is now in front of you and stopped in the road.... The driver is outside of the truck in the other lane holding a shotgun, the passenger of that truck is now standing in the bed of the pickup truck.

You really think that's not a situation to be in fear of your life over?
The thought of me having to run scares me a lot.
But seriously I'm trying to put myself in everyone's shoes.
Im having trouble putting myself in AAs shoes clearly.
If yes I did just go into the house for water and a look around and some nutbars are hootin and hollarin while chasing me than yah I'd be scared.
On the flip side if I was in there to steal things once or twice and some locals are trying to detain me than maybe it's more fear of getting caught? I don't know.. obviously it would be nice to have more video and even audio of the McMichaels communication to AA while they were trying to detain.

Arbery wasn't armed. But if he was shot during a struggle for the gun, he was attempting to arm himself. The problem these McWhoever fellows are facing is if they first get nailed with a felony for trying to detain Arbery illegally. If they were forced to defend themselves during the commission of a felony, it isn't going to count. However, if the prosecutor doesn't get them on that prior felony, then these guys will probably walk.

lol What? How is he attempting to "arm himself"? He is attempting to not get killed by the guys that are chasing him down with guns.

They obviously weren't looking to shoot AA so running away or maybe trying to get help at a house in the area wouldve been a better option

"Obviously" weren't looking?
Gun pro tip #1: Don't pull out a gun unless you're ready to shoot it.
Why the hell would I put my trust in 3 men that are chasing me with guns? I'm supposed to just wait for them to shoot me as they approach me with weapons?
If you want to talk to someone, you don't bring a gun to the conversation.
And why is all of the onus on AA and not the retards that began the altercation?

And why is all of the onus on AA and not the retards that began the altercation?

This has been a staple of the McMichael defenders in here. Figure out all you can to argue that Arbery is responsible for his own death.

Despite the fact that two shitheads could have called the cops and stayed at home.

False. McMichaels moves that direction after Arbery has changed direction from the left side of the road to the right lane to evade McMichael. The entire reason he goes that direction is because Arbery changes his. McMichaels clearly was standing in the road brandishing a deadly weapon intending to confront Arbery and saw him attempt to evade this confrontation by changing directions so he moved himself around his truck into a better position to confront Arbery.

Are you actually arguing McMichael's didn't see Arbery go right and by coincidence just started rushing around the front of his truck with a shotgun right and after he does whoops, runs into Arbery by accident?

When Arbery gets to the front passenger side of the truck, he turns hard left and charges mcmichaels. Mcmichaels was standing on the drivers side. Arbery covered all that distance rather quickly and with harmful intent.

At least get the facts straight. I think what you want to see is different from what really happens. Ive watched it several times in slow mo.

When Arbery gets to the front passenger side of the truck, he turns hard left and charges mcmichaels. Mcmichaels was standing on the drivers side. Arbery covered all that distance rather quickly and with harmful intent.

At least get the facts straight. I think what you want to see is different from what really happens. Ive watched it several times in slow mo.

LOL, they guy who parked his truck in the middle of the road and stood in the lane brandishing a shotgun and chased after someone who ran away from him has no harmful intent?

McMichael had fully disappeared around front of the truck by the time Arbery attempts to disarm him. To get there, he parked his truck in the middle of right lane, posted up in the left lane with a shotty, spied the evasive route Arbery took which was away from McMichael, and ran around the driver side door and front of the truck to initiate a confrontation. Arbery sees that McMichael's has chosen to run around the front of truck at him while brandishing a deadly weapon and thus makes the decision that disarming may save his life.

Here's an experiment. Carry a shotgun in your vehicle until you see a pedestrian litter. Then follow them, park your car in the lane in front of them and exit your vehicle brandishing said shotgun and stand in the other lane so they need to run by your little armed road block. Then chase after them brandishing the gun. You seriously think you have yet to initiate a confrontation? Good lord.

LOL, they guy who parked his truck in the middle of the road and stood in the lane brandishing a shotgun and chased after someone who ran away from him has no harmful intent?

McMichael had fully disappeared around front of the truck by the time Arbery attempts to disarm him. To get there, he parked his truck in the middle of right lane, posted up in the left lane with a shotty, spied the evasive route Arbery took which was away from McMichael, and ran around the driver side door and front of the truck to initiate a confrontation. Arbery sees that McMichael's has chosen to run around the front of truck at him while brandishing a deadly weapon and thus makes the decision that disarming may save his life.

Here's an experiment. Carry a shotgun in your vehicle until you see a pedestrian litter. Then follow them, park your car in the lane in front of them and exit your vehicle brandishing said shotgun and stand in the other lane so they need to run by your little armed road block. Then chase after them brandishing the gun. You seriously think you have yet to initiate a confrontation? Good lord.

This is alot of mumble jumble.

Had Arbery continued running past the passenger side of the truck and on his way, Mcmichaels would have ran back to his drivers door, got in and continued pursuit. Why do you think mcmichaels was staying close to his door?

It was Arbery that decided to turn left when he got to the front of the truck and run straight at mcmichael. On the drivers side of the truck is where the struggle began. A physical struggle that Arbery initiated and that mcmichael reacted to.

We can all argue that the pursuit was wrong. But we can also analyze critical moments that greatly contributed to the outcome in this case. The defense most certainly will place their focus here.

Had Arbery continued running past the passenger side of the truck and on his way, Mcmichaels would have ran back to his drivers door, got in and continued pursuit. Why do you think mcmichaels was staying close to his door?

This is where your logic falls apart. McMichael's did not stay by the driver side door. He exited his vehicle brandishing a weapon, watched Arbery run away from him around the other side of the truck, and ran around the front of the truck at him. There are moments you can't see McMichael because he moved himself completely around the driver's side to the front of the truck.

If McMichael had no intent on not allowing Arbery to run by the passenger side unimpeded and unthreatened, he would have stayed right next to the driver's side door where he first got out. But he did not do that. He chased around the truck to confront. While brandishing a deadly weapon. That's illegal. People may attempt to disarm you when you make such threats. Again, if you don't believe me go outside and give it a shot. You won't, because you know it's bullshit.

Last edited:
Back