Crime Ahmaud Arbery Shooting v4 (autopsy report)

Chased him? Maybe took a step or 2 but the video i seen shows they met closer to the drivers side.. looks like AA's momentum caused Travis to back pedal. Had they both been running I can't see the collision looking like it.
I haven't see video of him pointing a gun there was one that beastmaster posted (sorry if wrong name or wrong poster) but it's not 100 percent clear. It does give the impression it might be. Is there another video?

It's more than one or two steps for the shooter to get from standing inside of the driver's side door, around the door of the truck, and the rest of the way around the front of the truck to disappear behind it in the right lane.

And considering he clearly headed that way in a hurry while brandishing a deadly weapon to confront Arbery after spying him trying to avoid them, it's assault.

That there was a struggle is probably good for the McMichaels, because it makes it easier to cast the shooting as being in self-defense.
Dunno about USA but in the UK self defence must be necessary, reasonable and proportionate. Ahmed wasn't armed, was fleeing and his murderers were clearly the aggressors since they were chasing him down. The fact there was a struggle probs won't help them. Unless I'm missing something

I don't think McMichaels ever intended to initiate a citizen's arrest.

(also this post is not really directed at AA leaners, but more towards McMs leaners. Of course, anyone can respond to it, but if it is regarding the boxed-in argument I won't reply to that, just because we will be talking past each other. The following remarks are working completely with the assumption that there was never an intent to attempt a citizen's arrest in the first place, or detain Arbery in any way. The McMichaels's primary aim was to keep eyes on Arbery until the cops arrived. And some of the following commentary is not new.)

A lot of McMs leaners probably wonder "Why did the McMichaels stop? They should have just kept driving."
The main reason why the McMichaels parked at that stop sign was to make it easier to turn right or left if Arbery tried to cut behind them in either direction. The reason they stopped was to wait to see which direction Arbery would go. Since Arbery was behind them, there was no guarantee that Arbery would not just start running in the opposite direction. So why not just park and wait to see where Arbery would go. The McMichaels really didn't have anywhere meaningful to continue driving at that point until it was clear which way Arbery would decide to go. If Travis would have turned right or left at the stop sign they risked losing sight of Arbery altogether. If their goal was to just to keep eyes on Arbery, then it made perfect sense to NOT keep driving but wait to see where Arbery was going to go and either turn left, right or u-turn in opposite direction.

Pro-McMs-ers may say "fair enough, but why did Travis exit with his gun? Seems like a foolish thing to do." Simple. You got Arbery running straight towards you from behind. So for safety reasons it is best to exit the vehicle armed (NOT really to show Arbery the gun) but just to have it in case Arbery were to try to attack. Also there was no guarantee that Arbery was not armed.

Early on I thought that maybe it was a bad idea for Travis to exit the vehicle with the gun. Now I think it was the right thing to do. And again if it turned out that Arbery was to cut through a yard behind them down the street right or left then all Travis had to do, based his advantageous positioning at the stop sign was to quickly slip into his truck again and slowly resume tracking Arbery. He would not have been able to do that if he had kept driving. The point of stopping was to wait on Arbery's next move.

When you break down everything the McMichael's decided to do at the stop sign, it really makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

I don't think the McMichaels ever intended to initiate a citizen's arrest at all. Neither of them looked to be in any kind of physical shape to follow through on such a thing anyway. It was all about eyes on and all about defending in case Arbery were to try to attack.
<BronTroll1>

Dunno about USA but in the UK self defence must be necessary, reasonable and proportionate. Ahmed wasn't armed, was fleeing and his murderers were clearly the aggressors since they were chasing him down. The fact there was a struggle probs won't help them. Unless I'm missing something

Arbery wasn't armed. But if he was shot during a struggle for the gun, he was attempting to arm himself. The problem these McWhoever fellows are facing is if they first get nailed with a felony for trying to detain Arbery illegally. If they were forced to defend themselves during the commission of a felony, it isn't going to count. However, if the prosecutor doesn't get them on that prior felony, then these guys will probably walk.

Do you rush shotguns? LoL. What a bad idea.
Being assaulted by two armed men in an open area when you're unarmed doesn't leave too many great options I think. I'd say trying to outrun a gun is about as bad an idea as there is.

Do you get weapons and chase after people you suspect are trespassing?

Not really, I'd rather be dead than be an ex-cop having life in prison. And that's just assuming I get protective custody and don't have to worry about being with the general population.
Thatll suck unless they join the Klan bros surely there's some other good ol' boys in the pen yah?

Being assaulted by two armed men in an open area when you're unarmed doesn't leave too many great options I think. I'd say trying to outrun a gun is about as bad an idea as there is.
They obviously weren't looking to shoot AA so running away or maybe trying to get help at a house in the area wouldve been a better option

I can only judge by what I think I would have done. And given the McMs knowledge of all the events leading up to 2/23, I would have probably done similar to the McMs. If there had not been a string of burglaries and descriptive facebook posts complaining and cops being called multiple times to no avail then I probably would not have tried to follow Arbery. But given all those things I would have definitely tried to follow him. I would have been desperate for cops to finally catch the guy and might have done very similarly to the McMs.
At least that explains why you're stretching so far to defend them. Hopefully you learned a lesson here and would not attempt the same in the future.

They obviously weren't looking to shoot AA so running away or maybe trying to get help at a house in the area wouldve been a better option

He (Ahmaud) did not know that though. If 3 White guys are chasing a Black guy in the South and try to get him to come over and talk to them, is it unreasonable for the Black guy to fear that complying would be a bad idea. If the races were reversed and it was 3 Black guys chasing a White guy in a Black neighborhood, how many people would say the White guy had a legit reason to be sacred and reason to not comply with the Black guys.

You seem genuinely upset. I have outlined a very plausible scenario as I see it and your reply seems like you think I am trying to offend you or something.
No, it just seems like you totally made it up, and it's not very plausible. {<shrug}

At least that explains why you're stretching so far to defend them. Hopefully you learned a lesson here and would not attempt the same in the future.

Well if I got a serial night prowler in my neighborhood where a long string of property and vehicular burglaries have occurred and repeated calling of cops has yielded no results, and I see the guy fleeing property on which he has been videod many times over night, I'm grabbing a buddy and going after him. As long as my area has not yet been totally corrupted by emasculating leftist laws, I'm going after him.

Well if I got a serial night prowler in my neighborhood where a long string of property and vehicular burglaries have occurred and repeated calling of cops has yielded no results, and I see the guy fleeing property on which he has been videod many times over night, I'm grabbing a buddy and going after him. As long as my area has not yet been totally corrupted by emasculating leftist laws, I'm going after him.

lmao you won't do shit.

The final confrontation was the result of an extended pursuit so running away wasn't working. Also suggesting that he should knock on a random person's door and expect the residents to help him defend himself against armed assailants is pretty ridiculous, as is the idea that AA should have assumed that the guys pursuing him with weapons meant him no harm.

Are you seriously suggesting that AA deserves the blame for getting shot to death?

Not a good idea.

Arbery wasn't armed. But if he was shot during a struggle for the gun, he was attempting to arm himself. The problem these McWhoever fellows are facing is if they first get nailed with a felony for trying to detain Arbery illegally. If they were forced to defend themselves during the commission of a felony, it isn't going to count. However, if the prosecutor doesn't get them on that prior felony, then these guys will probably walk.
Which would be a shame, these bozos really should spend some time behind bars.

He (Ahmaud) did not know that though. If 3 White guys are chasing a Black guy in the South and try to get him to come over and talk to them, is it unreasonable for the Black guy to fear that complying would be a bad idea. If the races were reversed and it was 3 Black guys chasing a White guy in a Black neighborhood, how many people would say the White guy had a legit reason to be sacred and reason to not comply with the Black guys.
Legitimate fear if you are a black in the south or media driven fear.. it's 2020 you're describing what sounds like the 1920's (or some other date in the 1900's..Im just not that good with my southern history)

There probably is more to fear on the reverse.

But Id sooner think AA was more afraid of the cops showing up than being shot by those 3. Hell he was probably chased a half dozen times by the locals down there.

The final confrontation was the result of an extended pursuit so running away wasn't working. Also suggesting that he should knock on a random person's door and expect the residents to help him defend himself against armed assailants is pretty ridiculous, as is the idea that AA should have assumed that the guys pursuing him with weapons meant him no harm.

Are you seriously suggesting that AA deserves the blame for getting shot to death?
Are you saying he shouldn't take some blame?

Armed assailants is bit strong lol. More like 3 buffoons who fucked up on a citizens arrest.

And technically running away was working.. what didn't work was what the dumb ass did..
Even if he had got the shotgun away from lil McMichael there was a more experienced dude in the truck with a gun.
In my opinion what AA was thinking is he had to do something before the cops came. I don't know if he was on probation from previous offensives but I'm sure he could hear the sirens getting closer and having dumb and Dumber chasing around after him wasn't helping the situation for him to get away.

Like I said I'm just monday morning qbing this and it's only one very simple man's opinion.

Back