Agree or disagree. Thompson and Condit would smash Maia into a million pieces.

Condit has no TDD. He would rely on sweeps to get back to his feet and try to stop Maia before he takes him down again. I don't think his sweeps will work well against Maia, he knows positions automatically.

Wonderboy is another story. Both could win that fight one-sidedly. Would favor Thompson because of his footwork and cardio. But that's a bad fight to make. One good contender capable of being champ goes down, and neither are young.

disagree strongly...but TS is (hopefully) just baiting with such an extreme statement.

"I think they would/will" - such insightful reasoning/analysis too LOL

Agree with condit, I've got a feeling it's going to look alot like Silva maia.

nope, Condit has the worst TDD and Maia is going to take him down and stranglefuck him for five rounds

I don't think Condit stops the takedown. He can't hang with Maia on the ground. Wonderboy has a better chance. Still can't count out Maia tho. He's nasty at WW

After all these results, I can't surely predict anything. I have learned my lessons, You guys should too.

Both at the same time... Condit and Thompson? Sure, but that's not a fair fight.

I think stylewise Thompson is the more likely 1 to have a dominant KO over Maia. However Maia obviously is more likely to get the submission against Wonderboy if it goes to the ground. Thompson has shown good takedown defense recently while Condit historically has not. Maia has good takedowns & trips so I think he can get Condit down and wear him out on the ground. Condit has generally had better cardio than Maia & should be able to outstrike him handily. If he can keep the fight mostly standing I think he can point fight his way to a clear decision.

Wonderboy yes, Condit probably not.

Thompson would, not sure about Condit. Thompson has the movement and TDD to handle Maia. Condit I think can get wrapped up and taken down by Maia, and from there, there's no getting up.

Condit is a wood chipper on the ground and has made guys who have very good cardio look exhausted after a round or two of grappling with him. He never stops jockey for position or throwing strikes. I think this is going to be a closer fight than people think on the ground.

I don't think Wonderboy is anywhere near Condit's (never mind Maia's) level on the ground but is excellent at keeping range and hitting with fast precise shots.

Long story short, I don't think any of these three would walk through each other.

Maia is a terrible matchup for Condit.

Condit's TDD has never been the best and Maia's takedowns are arguably the best at WW right now. As good as Condit's guard is, Maia is undoubtedly better than him on the ground. Condit also doesn't have the power to seriously threaten Maia standing.

It's a horrible matchup.

Wonderboy is going to do much better and is actually a threat standing. He is also far more likely to withstand Maia's TDs, but with his striking style I doubt he can keep it standing for long against Maia. I give Maia the edge though.

The key to both fights is going to be Maia's cardio. If he messes his weight cut he's going to gas fast and the other two can easily take over.

Last edited:
Maia beats Condit in 3 rds but Wonderboy could give him real problems.

Condit is going to get completely dominated early on against Maia. His only chance is to weather the storm and absolutely pour it on in the second half of the fight. He may very well find himself down 30-26 heading into the championship rounds.

Back