Agree or Disagree: Reem has below average boxing skills?!

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Beaten many times by guys with better hands... still beat Belfort twice and JDS.
What u guys say?

Relative to MMA? He's well above average

He's probably the best offensive powerhouse the UFC HW division has ever seen. Too bad his durability is among some of the worst

He'd do poorly in pure boxing. Very poorly.

Still better than most compared to MMA. But having the best boxing isn't necessary key to securing victories in MMA as well.

Overeem sucks at boxing.

Don't get confused with his kickboxing accolades.

Who cares? He's not a boxer and he's not competing in boxing matches.

he is the former fucking k-1 champ. go fook urself seriously
he was beating stipe until he lost and knocked out jds. you can make an argument that he has best hands in HW. his chin just isnt good enough

Beaten many times by guys with better hands... still beat Belfort twice and JDS.
What u guys say?
Disagree, he has good boxing skills. But it's his complete offense what's making him so dangerous. But like the others stated above, too bad his chin is gone, otherwise he would have been the HW champ for the last 2-3 years.

I simply refuse to believe that he would lose to Tyson Fury in a boxing match.

he is the former fucking k-1 champ. go fook urself seriously
he was beating stipe until he lost and knocked out jds. you can make an argument that he has best hands in HW. his chin just isnt good enough

"That's like saying I have a bigger cock than anyone in the Unsullied army" - Bronn, GofT

most mma fighters have below average boxing skills.
The thing is,you dont need to have conventional boxing skills to succeed at mma. You actually dont need ANY striking whatsoever...so calling someone out who has alot of KOs because their "boxing skills are shitty" is just hipster "I watched a few boxing fights on youtube" bullshit. Stop holding all striking to boxing standards,this isnt boxing.I am actually glad to see such unorthodox techniques mixed in with other styles.

He's a kick boxer

Reem is not a great boxer, he's a kickboxer.

Good MMA striker for sure
Very crafty with his hands, throws some brutal kicks to the body

Nevertheless, a top ranked boxer would hand his ass to him

Not great in a traditional boxing sense, but still a very skilled striker with his hands. And very good for MMA, especially at HW where guys tend to be power punchers without a ton of emphasis on technique. But as @KONE said, quite brittle.

This would imply he ever had a chin.
Exactly. Anytime you ring the reems bell,its over.He can never recover in time to save himself. Its always been that way.

Back