Agree or Disagree: Reem has below average boxing skills?!

He should train with Tarverdyan to improve his hands.

he is the former fucking k-1 champ. go fook urself seriously
he was beating stipe until he lost and knocked out jds. you can make an argument that he has best hands in HW. his chin just isnt good enough

That K1 thing gets thrown around way too much around here. Did you even watch the Grand Prix he won?

There's more to boxing than throwing punches.

That K1 thing gets thrown around way too much around here. Did you even watch the Grand Prix he won?

There's more to boxing than throwing punches.
overeem is a mma fighter. mma fighters have much less time to practice boxing.

He pieced up JDS and really if he had any chin at all Miocic would probably still be stuttering.

He's got pretty good mma boxing and an excellent K1 boxing. Probably not so good in traditional boxing. All three quite different disciplines.

he is the former fucking k-1 champ. go fook urself seriously
he was beating stipe until he lost and knocked out jds. you can make an argument that he has best hands in HW. his chin just isnt good enough
Look at this guy who thinks boxing = hands. The hands are probably the least important thing in boxing. Don't comment if you have never boxed.

And Overeem doesn't even have good hands, lol.

Last edited:
overeem is a mma fighter. mma fighters have much less time to practice boxing.

That isn't in dispute, but it's hard to argue that his defense is severely lacking on any meaningful level. He fought smart against JDS and used outstanding footwork, but time and again his defense has looked pedestrian.

Relative to MMA? He's well above average

He's probably the best offensive powerhouse the UFC HW division has ever seen. Too bad his durability is among some of the worst

Guess that makes Big Foot and Ben Rothwell elite boxers then.

Guess that makes Big Foot and Ben Rothwell elite boxers then.

No, it means Overeem's cardio, striking defense, and durability is complete and utter dogshit

Even with his defensive woes boxing wise he is still well above average for a HW fighter.

No, it means Overeem's cardio, striking defense, and durability is complete and utter dogshit

Even with his defensive woes boxing wise he is still well above average for a HW fighter.
"This guy gets submitted as soon as you touch him but still has above average BJJ skills."

"This guy gets knocked out left and right but still has above average boxing skills."

Defense is more important than offense in boxing. If your defense sucks, your boxing sucks.

Look at this guy who thinks boxing = hands. The hands are probably the least important thing in boxing. Don't comment if you have never boxed.

And Overeem doesn't even have good hands, lol.
i have boxed in my life plenty of years dont comment if you dont know me.

Not just his chin, but his striking defense. He still tries to cover like he is wearing something much larger than four ounce gloves.

This exactly.

It's not Reem's chin that is the problem. It's the fact that he relies too much on old kickboxing habits of using a high guard with bigger gloves.

He never adapted his striking defence to 4oz gloves.

Disagree. The left hook he used to knock out badr hari didnt look below average. I dont think the holes in overeems game are in his offense.. He has bad defense but I wouldnt say that makes his boxing below average. Well for mma standards ofc.

compared to boxing yes it is below average.

compared to ufc fighters it is above average IMO

He's an outstanding boxer and is great with large boxing gloves

He's not a good boxer. He never was.

He does however have power, size, good knees, good kicks, a few good punches and a strong clinch.

Back