Age of consent in Mexico is 12?!

It's normal. 12 have always been the number in history. Why else you think people hit puberty at 12? People used to be more mature at that age too. It's only in the western world that people are so sheltered.

The age of marriage is getting older and older. My grandma was married at 16 and had kids. It was normal in her times. I've read it used to be 12 or so. Waaaaay back in Ancient times.

Cultural differences. I think it's normal for human biology. 12+ puberty age is also when they are most horniest too.

And wasn't Romeo and Juliet like 13?

Yup, seems to me like we should do like Americans do and ignore our minorities and poor people who commit most of the crimes, that way we upstanding Mexicans can claim moral superiority without trying to fix anything.
If you haven't done anything wrong you have nothing to fix. Liberals think they have to fix poor peoples lives. Stupid.

12 is a fucking child, emotionally most of all. Nothing arbitrary about that.

Cultural relativism is irrelevant. Biologically, children are not equivalent to adults:

Brain Maturity Extends Well Beyond Teen Years

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=141164708
I don't think anyone would argue that a 12 year old is fully developed mentally or physically, but you ARE making an ethical argument when you say it is too young to marry.

You are assuming that full physical and emotional maturity are prerequisites for marriage, and that is ethnocentric (not saying it is bad or wrong, but it is textbook ethnocentrism).

12?

Time to call the Cranbrook Deer

It's normal. 12 have always been the number in history. Why else you think people hit puberty at 12? People used to be more mature at that age too. It's only in the western world that people are so sheltered.

The age of marriage is getting older and older. My grandma was married at 16 and had kids. It was normal in her times. I've read it used to be 12 or so. Waaaaay back in Ancient times.

Cultural differences. I think it's normal for human biology. 12+ puberty age is also when they are most horniest too.

And wasn't Romeo and Juliet like 13?

1.- Its not normal, not even for poor and rural people, and its still a crime in Mexico, just not as much of a crime as rape.

2.- In Latin America the cultural age of adulthood was 15 years old in older times, then it became 21 when Mexico became a republic, then it was lowered to 18 in the last constitution.

1.- Its not normal, not even for poor and rural people, and its still a crime in Mexico, just not as much of a crime as rape.

2.- In Latin America the cultural age of adulthood was 15 years old in older times, then it became 21 when Mexico became a republic, then it was lowered to 18 in the last constitution.
Don't worry, we're going to deport everyone who entered the US from Mexico back to Mexico regardless of country of origin. We'll fill you up with Haitians and it will become normal.

assuming 6th grade means something. I've met kids selling cigarretes in SE Asia and they're like adults. A little girl in charge of all her younger sibblings. She was like a boss at around 12 year old. I'm pretty sure she could handle being someone's wife it she needs to be.

Your American ethics is just that, it's yours but right and wrong can be different else where.
Some cultures are better than others

Don't worry, we're going to deport everyone who entered the US from Mexico back to Mexico regardless of country of origin. We'll fill you up with Haitians and it will become normal.

Haitians marry at 12?

I was making a Haiti rape joke, actually. Now that I've had to explain myself, I'd like to retract it. Thanks.

A tall black guy in Mexico that speaks french? i doubt they would need to rape woment to get laid.

Although seeing Haitian immigrants in Baja, they seem to have a lot of women too, so i guess its not like there will be a massive amount of young males.

Don't get any ideas Sherpedos. Most Western countries have laws prohibiting sex tourism with minors (as defined by domestic laws) in foreign countries. That means that you can get popped for traveling to fuck a 12 yo even if it is legal in whatever third world country you're in .

https://www.justice.gov/criminal-ceos/extraterritorial-sexual-exploitation-children

So for example, if Russians, Nigerians,Chinese, or a Turks go to Asia to have sex with teenagers, they won't be charged once they come to U.S. on a tourist visa. But if an American citizen or a resident goes to Asia and does the same thing they'll get locked up for 10 years+.

Sounds like the lobbyists of Prison Industrial Complex were hard at work on this bill. Unless there is an international taskforce to tackle the remaining offenders from other nations, it seems like US justice department is exuberant with policing their own population.

1 ticket to mexico pls
1284123330_chris-hansen-gif.gif

I think she was like 8 or 9.
Aisha was 6 when Muhammad found her irresistibly voluptuous and promptly married her, although he restrained himself from consummating the marriage until the girl was a whopping 9 years of age (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236).

Aisha was 6 when Muhammad found her irresistibly voluptuous and promptly married her, although he restrained himself from consummating the marriage until the girl was a whopping 9 years of age (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236).
Back then 6 was the new 16.

On my phone.

Search parental concent for a minor to marry.

'Like' adults doesnt mean they're emotionally mature. Leave the US 'ethics' aside, would you have sex with a 12 yo in Thailand?

You're right

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_marriage_in_the_United_States

'No minimum with both parental and judicial consent ' in some states. Sounds insane.
I don't know if this has been addressed, but "Age of Marriage" and "Age of Consent" aren't mutually inclusive:
https://globaljusticeinitiative.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/united-states-age-of-consent-table11.pdf
This dichotomy isn't unique to the USA, either, apparently, so comparing the two isn't apples to apples; even if there are alarmingly anachronistic loopholes still on the books that technically allow for a very small number of Americans to potentially legally have sex with those below the age of consent, albeit still at least involving an 18+ adult involved in the process leading to that permission-- though I doubt any would consider this a sufficient legal protection of such minors today.

Mexico's federal minimum for Age of Consent isn't at all exonerated by the anachronism of a tangential American law, IMO.

I don't know if this has been addressed, but "Age of Marriage" and "Age of Consent" aren't mutually inclusive:
https://globaljusticeinitiative.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/united-states-age-of-consent-table11.pdf
This dichotomy isn't unique to the USA, either, apparently, so comparing the two isn't apples to apples; even if there are alarmingly anachronistic loopholes still on the books that technically allow for a very small number of Americans to potentially legally have sex with those below the age of consent, albeit still at least involving an 18+ adult involved in the process leading to that permission-- though I doubt any would consider this a sufficient legal protection of such minors today.

Mexico's federal minimum for Age of Consent isn't at all exonerated by the anachronism of a tangential American law, IMO.

Looks like a needlessly complicated arrangement, with their overlapping "estupro" regulation and patchwork of state legislation.

Back