Age of consent in Mexico is 12?!

vespasian

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
people get married early in the old day because you don't live that long, and a woman needs to reproduce as much as she can because the more kids you have the stronger your labor force is.

another thing is how do you define an adult? 18 is an arbitary number

In the US parents can concent to a 12 year old marrying a 60 year old.

Hell, just 80 years ago this was still a common practice, and being fat meant you had money, and was a desirable trait.

Social norms are very malleable.

people get married early in the old day because you don't live that long, and a woman needs to reproduce as much as she can because the more kids you have the stronger your labor force is.

12 is a fucking child, emotionally most of all. Nothing arbitrary about that.

back then kids starting working at 7-8 year old, no such thing as labor law. they are more responsible. no need for 12 year of education, that's a Western thing. which is better?

12 yo = 6th grade. Think about it.
assuming 6th grade means something. I've met kids selling cigarretes in SE Asia and they're like adults. A little girl in charge of all her younger sibblings. She was like a boss at around 12 year old. I'm pretty sure she could handle being someone's wife it she needs to be.

Your American ethics is just that, it's yours but right and wrong can be different else where.

I've met kids selling cigarretes in SE Asia and they're like adults.

'Like' adults doesnt mean they're emotionally mature. Leave the US 'ethics' aside, would you have sex with a 12 yo in Thailand?

Most places with low age of consent in the modern times are usually only true with people in a certain age range. For example I'm pretty sure Japan is 13 but only if you're under 19 years old... And yes, age of consent was a lot lower and ideas like that are relatively recent ideas. Age of consent was lower than 12 back in the colonial days in America in some states

'Like' adults doesnt mean they're emotionally mature. Leave the US 'ethics' aside, would you have sex with a 12 yo in Thailand?
On the contrary those kids are more likely to be emotionally mature because things like that are dependent on culture, children used to work and help raise younger siblings meanwhile 21 year olds in modern America are being triggered by the silliest things.

You should have just stuck with physical maturity because that is easier to judge and a 12 year old is generally a 12 year old physically no matter where you go or what time

Had to spend some time with my teenage cousin and her friends the other day. Even though they're all around the age of 18, they looked (and acted) like children from my perspective.

The way that I'm conditioned, I've got no interest in hooking up with anybody that legal or not. The idea is just bizarre to me.

ETA Even though they're sick fucks, on some level, I actually pity people who are hardwired to be sexually attracted to small children in spite of all of the social conditioning to the contrary.

back then kids starting working at 7-8 year old, no such thing as labor law. they are more responsible. no need for 12 year of education, that's a Western thing. which is better?

Slavery was also legal back then

Back