Age beat Cruz - Still GOAT

I had a feeling he may lose. He was out of character for this fight- too much shit talking and being cocky. I think he bought his own hype too much

I like Dom, but he wasn't enough for Cody tonight. Cody earned some respect from me tonight. No excuses from Dom. Not age, not legs, not etc. He just got outclassed tonight.

just fought dumb imo, too willing to stand n trade like a goof.

can't believe this tryhard dork is the champ lmao, give tj that titleshot so he can spank em.
I would enjoy seeing TJ beat Cody to a pulp, ain't gonna lie. Can't help but feel like a younger Cruz wins those first rounds easily then it's Cody who has to chase.. I thought Cruz was finished before the Mizugaki fight though

The same twats that give every former Pride fighter every excuse in the book will come to shit on Cruz. Only the old favorites, Fedor, Nog, Shogun, CC etc get the "prime" excuse after being humiliated in the latter part of their careers. But Cruz, a guy who's arguably been through more injuries than any of them, will get shat on because he's an American BW not of Pride origin.

His reign was one of the most impressive and dominant in mma history. I knew Cody was going to give him trouble, posted my concerns well before this fight.

Cruz didn't spend his early career getting smashed by LHW and HW strikes

Lack of power beat Cruz. If he had power in his punches, he might have been able to change the complexion of the fight with any of the number of punches he landed.

Not making an excuse: I think Cody legit took the threat of the TD away from Cruz and managed to neutralise his wilder movements, but this was not the Cruz of yore. I've wanked off to his fights forever and here he was fucking walking forward flat footed, occasionally hobbling around and then going back to just walking toward Cody. Back in the day Cruz was like a barometer, and it's not like this was his first opponent with good hands, so I think it's a combination of Cruz' body and Cody's gameplan taking away Cruz' tools.

No he didn't. Dominick has a strange way of breathing, he did the same in his last fight against Urijah
I know about his breathing techniques. You could clearly see he just doesn't have that same spring in his step anymore

Been watching Cruz since WEC days. Guy has been damn near unbeatable for many years. I agree to a certain extent that his injuries have finally caught up with him, especially the leg/knee injuries when his movement is so crucial to him winning. I however believe that Cody is a legit stud in the ring, and deserved that win. We will never know if Cruz from 5 years ago would dominate Cody because that ship has sailed. Now is the time of the young guns like Cody and TJ. Whatever Cruz decides to do from here, it doesn't matter. He's had one hell of a hall of fame career.

Not making an excuse: I think Cody legit took the threat of the TD away from Cruz and managed to neutralise his wilder movements, but this was not the Cruz of yore. I've wanked off to his fights forever and here he was fucking walking forward flat footed, occasionally hobbling around and then going back to just walking toward Cody. Back in the day Cruz was like a barometer, and it's not like this was his first opponent with good hands, so I think it's a combination of Cruz' body and Cody's gameplan taking away Cruz' tools.
Looked a lot more predictable than he usually does

I know about his breathing techniques. You could clearly see he just doesn't have that same spring in his step anymore

Well he was always hittable, the 'he doesn't get hit because of footwork' was a stretch. TJ actually hit him a lot, but he didn't have the power and technique that Cody has...let's see how Dominick reacts from this loss, he fought just like when he fought Urijah, don't see age being a factor here

Looked a lot more predictable than he usually does

Sure did. Seriously people go watch his old fights. He gets hit a lot more than he admits to, but he was never this slow and plodding. At point he spent such a considerable amount of time not feinting that his corner was yelling "FEINT FEINT FEINT" ( this was during the second ). This shit never happened with him

just fought dumb imo, too willing to stand n trade like a goof.

can't believe this tryhard dork is the champ lmao, give tj that titleshot so he can spank em.
The mockery might have influenced to stand and bang. Also, the UFC has been rewarding activity lately. He needed to get in there to get the decision he wanted. Got tagged as Cody was quick on the counter and damn he had good head movement. Hadn't seen that from him before. Bravo

boxing beat cruz. no fighter with his hands down like that is going to win against a decently skilled boxer whos translated the art into mma.
Thank you. His timing, movement and feints were carried over from his boxing background

He's the goat atm but he still fot wrecked

His movement did look off.

Lets face it, Dom depends on quick quick movement to win, his knees are fucked, this fight was merciful, He's gonna be like Machida (my favorite fighter) if he keeps fighting

Back