age activities ailments

Kowboy Karl

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
how old r u

what activities have you participated in that have contributed to daily ailments.

go

college football . bjj . rock and roll music loud playing guitar

knee pain
back pain degenerative disc disease
elbow pain cuz i don't tap when arm barred.
deteriorated chin from concussions during football. could easily be stopped with a cerrone barbosa jab
right ear rings

quit bjj
still don't turn the music down though

41. Weight lifting, running, bjj and skateboarding when I was young.

I have bad ankles, achilles tendonitis,.lower back issues, fallen arches, I have low thyroid, my body doesn't produce enough vitamin d and a bad shoulder. I still train and do all that other stuff except skateboarding.

Last edited:

Fuckin bitches (and the occasional dude also)

Tons of std's

activities work. Working out. Some sports when I was younger.

ailments bad back lower and upper, bad shoulder, bad groin. Some minor knee issues

pretty much any and all injuries can be attributed to something I did at work. Used to play alot of sports in high school. But at that age you barely feel things and you heal really quickly. In my opinion.

Getting older sucks. It takes less and less to throw something out, and longer and longer for it to heal. Then when it does heal it usually only seems to sort of partially heal and become something you can re injure with alarming ease. These kind of things dont happen when you are 18 or 20 years old.

Jknatural bringing the train to a complete halt.

Activities: highschool football, track, basketball, varsity basketball, boxing,karate, three day raves, construction work.

Right knee gets a bit wonky when it rains, but it's not so bad now that I've moved from Van too Southwest Ontario.

Left shoulder gets sore from hours of handling the chipper and the gas-axe.

Playing games with my serotonin levels in my twenties to the riddim of Congo Natty in warehouse raves has stunted my emotional maturity to the extent that I'll probably never have a wholesome enduring relationship.

But I'm forty and can still dunk and draw double teams on the low block, am nice from fifteen feet out. I'm the Garnnet of my Men's League, and I'm not bad for an old man. :)

Skateboarding and basketball = bad knees and ankles.

Work and gym.

2 bum shoulders, a knee that clicks everytime I bend it, and a lower back to goes out frequently.
My shoulders are the worst. My left trap was injured from the gym and resulted in phases of a constant burning sensation, especially if I stand in place for any length of time. I've had that injury for about 7 years.
My right shoulder has been deteriorating over the past 6 months. Mostly due to carrying heavy ladders and lots of overhead labor and drilling. I'm not sure what's wrong with it but the entire thing hurts anytime I pick something up or extend my arm above my chest.

Getting old fucking sucks.

Baseball, football, soccer, basketball, tennis, mma, 4-wheeling, and caving.

No major problems, but my recovery time has gone downhill.

Frequent weight lifting, running, hiking etc since my late teens, always an active kid before this.

No ailments yet, I had mild tendinitis last year in my right knee from jumping rope too often on concrete like an idiot. Cleared up after a few weeks. I eat very well and sleep a lot which I think has held me together so far. I haven't even noticed any difference to my recovery yet, though I am sure it's coming. I want to age like Kelly Slater or Bernard Hopkins. There might be a genetic component going on as my father is in his sixties, is very active and as far as I know in perfect health. I can't remember him having any major injury at all.

Last edited:

sand Volleyball, Dodgeball, Softball, flag football.

Used to have constant knee pain because my knee cap doesn't line up right. Physical therapy fixed that actually.

Slight back pain from being too cheap to replace my mattress.

Going down my stairs in the morning is rough on my ankles but I'm decent otherwise.

I'm 35 and at various points in my life I have done weight lifting, kickboxing, judo, running, rock climbing, smoking, excessive drinking, excessively taking class A drugs.

no problems up to now but I feel I may have a few stored up for old age.

I still
weight train,swim,run and box. Use to train BJJ played Australian rules football up untill I was 19

Fucked Rotater Cuff multiple surgeries
Bulging disc (causes all sorts of problems Back pain/hip pain tightness in hamstrings and calves)
tendinitis in both elbows (comes and goes with the weather)
mild carpal tunnel syndrome
The latest I was just diagnosed with a under active thyroid
Jarred my thumb agian last week and its fairly swollen

Muay Thai, BJJ, Lifting, Basketball

Nothing chronic yet (thankfully), but so far my rotator's a bit stiff or susceptible at times. Had some ankle injuries (sprains) from basketball and muay thai (bad check), the earlier occurring more.

I have what I would call a weak, or slightly painful lower back due to a hit in HS football.

I have one shoulder that still has a weird weak/painful spot in it when I move it a certain way...due to being thrown on it in HS wrestling.

My stomach is kind of sour fairly often and I'm on daily acid reducer medicine due to assloads of drinking in college and my 20's.

I have a dead hemorrhoid from cycling. It's not active and doesn't hurt, but it also doesn't really go away...I will never be an asshole model.

Plantar faciitis flares up on my foot sometimes when I'm running a lot.

That's about it...overall not too bad.

I'm in my 30's. I have plenty of sports injuries. I played basketball, baseball and tennis. I studied exercise in college and found Edythe Heus. She is at Revolution in Motion. Her workouts saved my body and keep me moving and healthy. She is one of the authors (along with Marv Marinovich) on a book called ProBodX. I will never quit doing that workout because of the way it helps my injuries.

Activity - Working out and Cricket
Ailments - Arthritis and Scoliosis in back

Probably gonna try TRT soon

Frequent weight lifting, running, hiking etc since my late teens, always an active kid before this.

No ailments yet, I had mild tendinitis last year in my right knee from jumping rope too often on concrete like an idiot. Cleared up after a few weeks. I eat very well and sleep a lot which I think has held me together so far. I haven't even noticed any difference to my recovery yet, though I am sure it's coming. I want to age like Kelly Slater or Bernard Hopkins. There might be a genetic component going on as my father is in his sixties, is very active and as far as I know in perfect health. I can't remember him having any major injury at all.

Na bro that recovery shit doesn't start effecting you until your 40s, late 30s.

Back