age activities ailments

Have elbow shoulder and ankle injuries from playing Tennis. Damned hard courts.

Rode and raced motocross since 1983, could count the number of incidents I've had in all that time, up to 2012 at least, when a very stupid rider pulled a very dangerous stunt in the opening laps of an over 40 event I was in and ended up giving me a tibial plateau fracture. (First broken bone in my life.) Now I have a difficult time starting my bike due to the bad knee.

Currently checking out the available electric start model bikes out there.

Maybe one of these. it's rumored it'll pull a slick string from a whores ass, so that's a start.

2014-KTM-500-XCW.jpg

Mid 40s. Skateboarding was my life as a youngster. My obsession with jiu jitsu now is probably more intense, though. A lot of decent knocks from both, but nothing too serious yet. Some nights I don't sleep so well because of a pain here or there. Some days I'm more sore than others. We'll see how long I can maintain. I believe, if you're not too reckless, that the body mostly adjusts to the demands placed on it. But you max out at some point as you get older. Hope I can make it to black belt.

-skateboarding, construction work

-Not to banged up yet at my old age but my left ankle is like rubber from skateboarding. There is like no tension in it and it rolls very easily from the slightest misstep

-Recently developed golfers elbow ( tendonitis) from swinging a sledgehammer every single day at work. It literally affects everything I do and even now im still trying to find ways to work out and lift weights again.

BJJ for sure.

Last edited:

Tae Kwon Do
Running
BJJ
Weight lifting

Surprisingly I don't think I have any injuries from TKD.

Running gave me shin splints

BJJ caused me to break ribs multiple times, hyperextend elbow, and gave me some kind of minor but annoying shoulder issue, and also gave me ringworm several times til I just decided it wasn't worth it and quit training. Feels like I have arthritis in a few joints and I attribute it to BJJ.

Lifting weights has given me a couple minor aches and pains but nothing that doesn't go away after a couple weeks of rest.

Tae Kwon Do
Running
BJJ
Weight lifting

BJJ caused me to break ribs multiple times, hyperextend elbow, and gave me some kind of minor but annoying shoulder issue, and also gave me ringworm several times til I just decided it wasn't worth it and quit training. Feels like I have arthritis in a few joints and I attribute it to BJJ.

Lifting weights has given me a couple minor aches and pains but nothing that doesn't go away after a couple weeks of rest.

Any tips on elbow hyper extension, I'm having issues a year after getting my left arm popped?

I just ignored it til it got 58% better. Took about 2 years. I assume the other 42% I'm just going to feel for the rest of my life.

I hope yours heals faster.

Work and gym.

2 bum shoulders, a knee that clicks everytime I bend it, and a lower back to goes out frequently.
My shoulders are the worst. My left trap was injured from the gym and resulted in phases of a constant burning sensation, especially if I stand in place for any length of time. I've had that injury for about 7 years.
My right shoulder has been deteriorating over the past 6 months. Mostly due to carrying heavy ladders and lots of overhead labor and drilling. I'm not sure what's wrong with it but the entire thing hurts anytime I pick something up or extend my arm above my chest.

Getting old fucking sucks.

From squatting?

Have thought about having it scoped?

Tae Kwon Do
Running
BJJ
Weight lifting

No instep smashing eblow injuries (TKD)?

main physical activity i try to do bjj when i can, but unfortunately i can't fight a good gym where me and my friends can just roll without spending quite a bit of money.

wrestled in highschool, and ended up getting a few minor injuries, also skateboarded when i was younger and rolled/sprained my ankles to many times, also broke my wrist.

No instep smashing eblow injuries (TKD)?

No. I went to kind of a pansy school and they only allowed very light contact, and I always had those foot pads on. I've gotten a bruise here and there but nothing lasting. I did TKD when I was still in high school so maybe my bones were just young and strong too.

i'm thirty-five. i haven't done much to hurt my body, aside from occasional drug use and booze. my ailments are more inside than outside lol.

Back