After watching Nog, Fedor, Mirko, Barnett, Cain, this is depressing

This thread really exposes the shills. UFC fan boys are so insecure. They can accept the fact that UFCs HW division is shit and has regressed badly. Derrick Lewis being a top 3 title contender should be all the proof you need. Fedor would have stomped an African mercury mudhole in both of the guys last night.

Mark Coleman and 1 dimesional Kevin randleman were top tier when Fedor was fighting. Also Brett Rogers?

It is for sure a low point in MMA for the heavyweight division. Gane and Francis are great fighters but not much to get excited about after that.

I can't believe people think that pile of dogshit we saw yesterday was the pinmacle of MMA HW skill.

Kongo, Kharitonov, or Schilt could be champions.

I can't believe people think that pile of dogshit we saw yesterday was the pinmacle of MMA HW skill.

Kongo, Kharitonov, or Schilt could be champions.
Nobody thinks that outside of the UFC shills

Moldavsky would dominate Gane with ease, he looked like a white belt on the ground lol

You're hilarious. You think Semmy Schilt or prime Hunt, or Mirko would get destroyed by Gane? Please tell me you're serious
A UFC gatekeeper almost killed CroCop when he entered a sanctioned fight

A gatekeeper

gonzaga.jpg

Absolute fucking trash. Holy cow.

lmao how can you have a 2002 join date and be this fn clueless? how is that possible?

Shertards never fail to surprise me

You have Gane who likes to pick apart his opponents from range. You have Francis who has crazy power and usually fights in bursts.
You mix them together and one outcome, the outcome last night is, Gane picks away at Francis, but never gets anything that effective off because he doesn't want to be in the danger zone too long which would give Francis an opportunity to land. Anything Gane does land doesnt really hurt Francis cause of his chin.
Then later on as they get tired and sloppy, and Francis changes tact and goes for wrestling, you have what played out. If Gane was not defending as well as he did, hes finished via gnp (but hard for you to realise this being a shertard)

Jesus christ, 2002 join date, yet still a brainless casual. How??????

That makes up 28% of Fedor's fights... now lets do it for Francis Ngannou:

Bojan Mihajlović (10-6)
William Baldutti (7-4)
Luc Ngeleka (5-3)
Nicolas Specq (3-2)
Bilal Tahtahi (0-3)
Rachid Benzina (0-1)

That makes up 30% of Ngannou's fights.

Every fighter has a quarter of their fights against lesser opponents. Everyone... and just so show what I'm talking about, here is Jon Jones:

Matt Hamill (13-8)
Moyses Gabin (5-5)
Parker Porter (11-6)
Andre Gusmao (6-3)
Ryan Verrett (3-4)
Anthony Pina (0-1)
Brad Bernard (0-2)

That is 29% of Jon Jones' fights.

This shit is normal but people seem to think Fedor should have fought 50 different UFC champions.

There is no comparison here-

When Francis fought Benzina (1-0) Franchis was (0-0)
When he fought Bilil (0-1) Francis was (1-1)

in Jones first fight (0-0) he went up against ta (0-0) Bernard
Or against Pina (0-0) Jones was (1-0)

They werent fighting these inexperienced fighters well in their careers

However Fedor was 35-4 against a (2-0) Singh
6-0 against Mihail (0-0)
and he was (28-1) against a (1-0) Hung man Choi

Zero equivalency

Anyone who thinks that they were watching the greatest HWs ever last night or the pinnacle of MMA evolution is a UFC shill lol.

Derrick Lewis wouldn't be top 10 in 2005.

"Ubereem wins via uberknees"
134_Alistair_Overeem_x_Jairzinho_Rozenstruik.jpg
You do realize ubreem and econoreem are different fighter right?

lmao how can you have a 2002 join date and be this fn clueless? how is that possible?

Shertards never fail to surprise me

You have Gane who likes to pick apart his opponents from range. You have Francis who has crazy power and usually fights in bursts.
You mix them together and one outcome, the outcome last night is, Gane picks away at Francis, but never gets anything that effective off because he doesn't want to be in the danger zone too long which would give Francis an opportunity to land. Anything Gane does land doesnt really hurt Francis cause of his chin.
Then later on as they get tired and sloppy, and Francis changes tact and goes for wrestling, you have what played out. If Gane was not defending as well as he did, hes finished via gnp (but hard for you to realise this being a shertard)

Jesus christ, 2002 join date, yet still a brainless casual. How??????

You should watch your mouth when you don't know what you're talking about.

260lbs 90s Coleman with headbutts I'd give 50/50 against these two.

2f18b5d06bbfe751c54b90cd4569c133.jpg

Prime Coleman with head butts allowed has a good chance vs. anybody.

Prime Mark Coleman double legs both of these bums and makes them tap to strikes.

Holly shit dudes get a fucking grip. 90s Coleman left UFC in a three losing streak. Back when athletes were paid peanuts. Bizarre levles of nostalgic delusion

Absolute fucking trash. Holy cow.

I actually would give Mark Hunt a better chance to beat Ngannou than the guys you named in OP-

My guy. Fighters from the past trained and competed in martial arts as amateurs since they were children/teenagers. Ngannou's first time training any form of martial art he was 22. The first time he competed he was 26... how is a guy that has been training/competing for 10-15 years less going to be more skilled.l

Hunt who by the way discovered he could be a pro fighter one night outside of a club, already as an adult, when he knocked out some bums in the street. Your agument about trained children is pretty weak imo.
Hunt beat prime Mirko in his prime and gave Fedor trouble, with even inferior grappling than Ngannou/Gane

You do realize ubreem and econoreem are different fighter right?
<YeahOKJen>
He had a good run from 2007 to 2011 fighting so so opponents, before and after that (that means almost his entire career) he was an inconsistent fighter, Ubereem was a myth like so many others in Sherdog.

Last edited:
I’m interested to hear @GOATtalks thoughts. I mean, there were things to like from both guys. But Holy Jesus, it certainly wasn’t up there among the most high level, or entertaining, HW fights of all time.
The fight didn’t live up to it’s hype entertainment wise that’s for sure.

But both fighters were still great.

Francis entered this fight with an injured knee, which affected his striking. Nevertheless he showed huge improvements.

1. His wrestling and grappling has improved immensely, especially offensive part

2. His cardio has improved enough to win a 5 round decision which included a lot of grappling

3. He can adapt mid fight and change the strategy

4. He started to check leg kicks

Gane looked really good until he was taken down. Great footwork, lots of feints, jabs, kicks and great in the clinch. But he got tired later in the fight, but I guess trying to fight off Francis will do that to anyone.

The fight didn’t look good because it was a very strategically fought battle. Both fighters tried to take their opponents advantages from his opponent, rather than emphasising on their own strengths.

Back