• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AEW Worlds End 2023 PPV Live Thread

Who Walks out of Worlds End as AEW World Champion?

• MJF

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Samoa Joe

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
not sure I get you. Did he need to be unmasked like a scooby doo villain or something?
It was wayyy wayy to obvious it was Adam Cole. At least get him off TV for a couple months, which he was out anyways, and you can add some shock value. You could even had Britt Baker as the devil like she was pulling the strings.. Everybody and the world knew what was up as soon as Cole walked out tonight. I don’t know, to me the whole thing felt off…

LMAO just went on my YouTube and seen that TNA just uploaded a video less than 5 minutes ago called "Samoa Joe wins world championship"

They need them views

To be fair that was a good reveal
I agree, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It was simple and to the point.

As for the main event I expected MJF to lose soon because he's apparently had a ton of injuries and also with the contract stuff. Joe seems like the right guy, believable tough guy, can work with anyone and good locker room guy.

I just really don't get the fascination with Adam Cole. Guy is nothing more than a catch phrase. Would he even be over if he didn't get the crowd to yell "BAY BAY" a few years ago? One of the smartest things Vince McMahon did in the last few years was give a big ol "fuck no" about Adam Cole as a wrestler on RAW or Smackdown.

Guy is a fucking dork.

I just really don't get the fascination with Adam Cole. Guy is nothing more than a catch phrase. Would he even be over if he didn't get the crowd to yell "BAY BAY" a few years ago? One of the smartest things Vince McMahon did in the last few years was give a big ol "fuck no" about Adam Cole as a wrestler on RAW or Smackdown.

Guy is a fucking dork.

Vince was right about Keith Lee too!

Sn5xoGM.png

I approve. Eat shit, MJF! Kenny had the best AEW world title run!
Clean title loss in his hometown. Big Tone is a wrestling promoter after all!

"Did you really think I'd just forget and move on from your little plane ticket stunt?"

vince_costas_e1638284826778.0.jpg

Guy is a fucking dork.
He's nice in real life so that means we get him as a wrestling star in 2023.

This guy is more than likely going to be the World Champion eventually. I just don't understand. Not only does he look like shit, but his promos are mid, and there's several people in AEW that out work him in the ring too. Why the fuck do they keep pushing this fucking guy?

06s19PJ.png

Big Tone has been playing 4d chess this entire time. If MJF's reign took off, he had a new star to build around. If it didn't work, then he killed his WWE leverage and can say "we tried!" if Max walks out.

Clean title loss in his hometown. Big Tone is a wrestling promoter after all!

"Did you really think I'd just forget and move on from your little plane ticket stunt?"

vince_costas_e1638284826778.0.jpg

U4qoeu.gif

"No, no, no. I don't care if you are Jewish, pal. You are going to do the job clean to that big ugly islander!"

This guy is more than likely going to be the World Champion eventually. I just don't understand. Not only does he look like shit, but his promos are mid, and there's several people in AEW that out work him in the ring too. Why the fuck do they keep pushing this fucking guy?

06s19PJ.png
I got lotta problems with Adam Cole and he's my favorite wrestler to make fun of but he can go. He carried McAGOAT to excellent matches, consisntelty stole the show in NXT and plays a great smarmy heel. The "5 more minutes" match with MJF was also excellent. I didnt watch the All In one though.

If Tony knows what he's doing (which I think he does), Joe is a transitional champ while they put the finishing touches on Swerve.

It wouldn't surprise me if MJF takes a hiatus now to rest and "contemplate" his next contract. He'll be back, announce he re-signed (ALA Bret Hart in 96) and he's after Adam Cole, who can heal as well for the 3-4 months MJF is off tv.

I would have MJF come out Wednesday, do a promo against Cole and walk out citing burn out and his only friend turning on him. Swerve beats Joe for the title on the same night. MJF returns at Revolution during the Sting retirement show.

AEW is in a seriously big transition period.

If Tony knows what he's doing (which I think he does), Joe is a transitional champ while they put the finishing touches on Swerve.

It wouldn't surprise me if MJF takes a hiatus now to rest and "contemplate" his next contract. He'll be back, announce he re-signed (ALA Bret Hart in 96) and he's after Adam Cole, who can heal as well for the 3-4 months MJF is off tv.

I would have MJF come out Wednesday, do a promo against Cole and walk out citing burn out and his only friend turning on him. Swerve beats Joe for the title on the same night. MJF returns at Revolution during the Sting retirement show.

AEW is in a seriously big transition period.
I think that's the direction. Joe is fantastic but at this point in his career, he's proven to be unreliable. He's been working in a 20 x 20 ring for decades now and is injury prone, as anyone would be.

Can we talk about the fall from grace for Wardlow? He was deemed as AEW next big thing and he is back as enforcer role for a bunch of vanilla midgets. All this time and back to square one for the big guy.

I got lotta problems with Adam Cole and he's my favorite wrestler to make fun of but he can go. He carried McAGOAT to excellent matches, consisntelty stole the show in NXT and plays a great smarmy heel. The "5 more minutes" match with MJF was also excellent. I didnt watch the All In one though.

He can go, but the thing with AEW is so can everyone else. They had an 8 man tag to open the show with 8 work rate studs from the CC who can all go. Guy needs more than a few good matches when he looks like shit and cuts bland ass promos when they got 15 other guys who can put on a match as well or better than him.

Can we talk about the fall from grace for Wardlow? He was deemed as AEW next big thing and he is back as enforcer role for a bunch of vanilla midgets. All this time and back to square one for the big guy.

I have a feeling that 5th spot was supposed to be for Kyle O'Reilly, but the dirtsheets have said that even though he's been showing up back stage at AEW again, his neck injury hasn't been healing as well as they hoped. Feels like Wardlow was just randomly thrown in the group because of his past with MJF.

Just realized the worst thing to come out of this is Roddy is probably done with the #NeckStrong gimmick and is gonna be back to being a bland ass stable lackey for Adam Cole.

I have a feeling that 5th spot was supposed to be for Kyle O'Reilly, but the dirtsheets have said that even though he's been showing up back stage at AEW again, his neck injury hasn't been healing as well as they hoped. Feels like Wardlow was just randomly thrown in the group because of his past with MJF.
I think if anything KOR was going to be an additional member. The bigger masked guy has been around for a while so Wardlow has been in this for a while.

Also I agree about Roddy on the prior post, first thing I thought was hopefully we don't lose his fun randomness. He was a good change of pace when he showed up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back