AEW LIX: Japan is All Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god the show this week. Hated it. My least favourite Dynamite ever. A mess pretty much from start to finish.

Bryan's promo was good... until he didn't say who was replacing him. That's not making me want to see the ppv. Announce shit properly. Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday bombed because of that. This ppv needed all the help it could get. The topper was ZSJ coming out for no reason.

6 man was fine... except Ospreay's team lost again. Why do I want to see this guy again? I don't. He's a loser.

The NJPW tag belts remind me of the WWE ones. Ugly.

Singh is dare I say kinda growing on me. It's taken some time to overcome that rotten first impression. Dutt and Lethal are perfect for him.

Christian's promo was good. A tad long, but good. Not sure what's going on with Luchasaurus.

The Bucks announced some match that went in one ear and out the other. It was at this point I realised I was only 40 mins in.

I can only hope that somebody from NJPW wins the AA belt so I don't have to deal with another title on the show. Penta and Black are morons for doing a top rope package piledriver. Idiots. They wonder why so many of the roster are injured.

Miro and Wardlow cut good promos.

That Silas Young guy is awful. Kept trying to wrestle like the Bucks and failed miserably.

Great to see Okada... except I'm pretty sure in this segment White clearly said Hangman and Cole weren't getting shots. He never said who was, I'm 99.9% certain. I had to catch the actual match announcement during Excalibur speedrunning the card later. Oh and Page/Cole are getting the shot??? What a mess.

Jade/Kris/Athena were all good. No complaints.

Please get Shafir off my screen. She has nothing.

Darby mentioned some match with some guys I've never heard of. Great.

Main event was fine. At least Archer took the pin. They got that right. Aftermath was an awkward mess.
I'm really hoping they do a soft reset on most of this stuff after the PPV. The storylines have been either non-existent or garbage lately.

My god the show this week. Hated it. My least favourite Dynamite ever. A mess pretty much from start to finish.

Bryan's promo was good... until he didn't say who was replacing him. That's not making me want to see the ppv. Announce shit properly. Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday bombed because of that. This ppv needed all the help it could get. The topper was ZSJ coming out for no reason.

6 man was fine... except Ospreay's team lost again. Why do I want to see this guy again? I don't. He's a loser.

The NJPW tag belts remind me of the WWE ones. Ugly.

Singh is dare I say kinda growing on me. It's taken some time to overcome that rotten first impression. Dutt and Lethal are perfect for him.

Christian's promo was good. A tad long, but good. Not sure what's going on with Luchasaurus.

The Bucks announced some match that went in one ear and out the other. It was at this point I realised I was only 40 mins in.

I can only hope that somebody from NJPW wins the AA belt so I don't have to deal with another title on the show. Penta and Black are morons for doing a top rope package piledriver. Idiots. They wonder why so many of the roster are injured.

Miro and Wardlow cut good promos.

That Silas Young guy is awful. Kept trying to wrestle like the Bucks and failed miserably.

Great to see Okada... except I'm pretty sure in this segment White clearly said Hangman and Cole weren't getting shots. He never said who was, I'm 99.9% certain. I had to catch the actual match announcement during Excalibur speedrunning the card later. Oh and Page/Cole are getting the shot??? What a mess.

Jade/Kris/Athena were all good. No complaints.

Please get Shafir off my screen. She has nothing.

Darby mentioned some match with some guys I've never heard of. Great.

Main event was fine. At least Archer took the pin. They got that right. Aftermath was an awkward mess.
Archer should NOT be looking at the lights after a shitty frog splash.

I'm really hoping they do a soft reset on most of this stuff after the PPV. The storylines have been either non-existent or garbage lately.

I never want to hear about NJPW on AEW ever again. The build has been garbage. Easily comparable to TNA or wCw 2000.

Went to dynamite last night, had a great time. It was really cool to see guys like Okada and Tanahashi in person. Besides them I liked the 6 man tag and Christian’s promo the most (when he started talking about father figures I was thinking “oh no is he gonna go there lol”), I’d say those two things alongside Okada got the biggest reactions from the crowd

The hour before they were taping some matches for dark, boring squashes. Anna, Ruby, Ethan Page, Starks/Hobbs all won quickly. The most interesting things were John Silver lifting up some ripped guy that was least a foot taller over his head, and House of blacks entrance was really cool, it was a tag team match with Buddy and Brody. Lee and Swerve also beat some jobbers and then Butcher blade and Bunny came out and stared them down. Idk if they’ve interacted before may be an upcoming feud?

Rampage- Andrade/Fenix was a pretty awesome back and forth, was definitely my fav singles match I saw last night. Hook wiped out some jobber in 2 mins (Danhausen wasn’t there) Deeb/Martinez squashed some random tag team (they were pawgs tho at least) Jeff Cobb and Cash had a really solid match too. Cobb was impressive and Cash played the underdog role well and had the fans behind him. Despite them being on teams nobody else was ringside. After that everyone came out and there was a big brawl like at the end of dynamite between United empire and FTR/OC/RPG vice, then randomly out of nowhere Eddie attacked Jericho at the commentary table and was chasing after him all around the arena lol. Jericho also came out before rampage started as well to do his commentary work, telling them to cut his music and that the fans don’t deserve to sing his song twice in one night because they were bullying him by cheering on Moxley and Tanahashi earlier lol

they had one more match after rampage, it might be on dark I think? It was a 6 man between Acclaimed/Gunns vs Evil Uno, Reynolds and the big guy in dark order with the mask. I recorded it but from what I remember Casters rap had Ron Johnson and Biden falling off his bike incorporated in it. Match was largely forgettable (one of the Gunns got a roll up win iirc) but after the match the DO attacked them and then the three of them (along with Billy Gunn) huddled up together and did the DX crotch chop but then they all each gave Billy a stunner. Then John Silver came running down the ramp and did a peoples elbow literally exactly how the Rock does it lmao, and did the worm as well

Have a lot of pics/vids on my phone I took. All in all I was sports entertained

Went to dynamite last night, had a great time. It was really cool to see guys like Okada and Tanahashi in person. Besides them I liked the 6 man tag and Christian’s promo the most (when he started talking about father figures I was thinking “oh no is he gonna go there lol”), I’d say those two things alongside Okada got the biggest reactions from the crowd

The hour before they were taping some matches for dark, boring squashes. Anna, Ruby, Ethan Page, Starks/Hobbs all won quickly. The most interesting things were John Silver lifting up some ripped guy that was least a foot taller over his head, and House of blacks entrance was really cool, it was a tag team match with Buddy and Brody. Lee and Swerve also beat some jobbers and then Butcher blade and Bunny came out and stared them down. Idk if they’ve interacted before may be an upcoming feud?

Rampage- Andrade/Fenix was a pretty awesome back and forth, was definitely my fav singles match I saw last night. Hook wiped out some jobber in 2 mins (Danhausen wasn’t there) Deeb/Martinez squashed some random tag team (they were pawgs tho at least) Jeff Cobb and Cash had a really solid match too. Cobb was impressive and Cash played the underdog role well and had the fans behind him. Despite them being on teams nobody else was ringside. After that everyone came out and there was a big brawl like at the end of dynamite between United empire and FTR/OC/RPG vice, then randomly out of nowhere Eddie attacked Jericho at the commentary table and was chasing after him all around the arena lol. Jericho also came out before rampage started as well to do his commentary work, telling them to cut his music and that the fans don’t deserve to sing his song twice in one night because they were bullying him by cheering on Moxley and Tanahashi earlier lol

they had one more match after rampage, it might be on dark I think? It was a 6 man between Acclaimed/Gunns vs Evil Uno, Reynolds and the big guy in dark order with the mask. I recorded it but from what I remember Casters rap had Ron Johnson and Biden falling off his bike incorporated in it. Match was largely forgettable (one of the Gunns got a roll up win iirc) but after the match the DO attacked them and then the three of them (along with Billy Gunn) huddled up together and did the DX crotch chop but then they all each gave Billy a stunner. Then John Silver came running down the ramp and did a peoples elbow literally exactly how the Rock does it lmao, and did the worm as well

We have a rule against spoilers around these parts, please respect the local customs and traditions

Thanks for the info.

Such a great episode last night.

GO ACE

jghc44g.gif

tumblr_oz07vukdxB1s05wxzo1_400.gifv

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7178714c6d7077655f2d306d4a673d3d2d36352e313537353434663261363861303162393730313237323434333433392e676966

Also Regal carried Lance Archer "Lance Hoyt" lol haven't heard that name in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back