AEW LIX: Japan is All Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.
289961754_439314441532046_2645194813993117400_n.jpg

Jesus PAC is old.

Today I remembered (after reading about (after forgetting)) that PAC was actually one of the inaugural NXT tag champions with Oliver Grey, as British Ambition, with a victory over the Wyatt Family.

Other notables in the tournament were Drew McIntyre & Heath Slater (as 3MB), Luke Harper & Erick Rowan (Wyatt Family, as mentioned), Derrick Bateman/EC3, among others.

latest

2f708b65da7aa5f6e1627229fea9390bbe160ece_hq.jpg

PAC also won them with Graves.

And still in tremendous shape.

neville.png

What a lackluster and underwhelming debut for Okada. The rainmaker in AEW should have been a huge deal, almost Punk/Bryan debut level.

Pac is 35.
Black is 37
Miro is 36

What a lackluster and underwhelming debut for Okada. The rainmaker in AEW should have been a huge deal, almost Punk/Bryan debut level.

Should've debuted him in NJ/NYC or Chicago.

Marina Shafir is actually pretty awful. Maybe she doesnt work well with people who have accents.

Pretty great show last night, some of the shows have been straight up goofy and poorly booked recently. Forbidden Door looks great, but this New Japan shit has run its course. They Japan guys are just not over enough to be this featured week in and week out. Bring in 1 or 2 at a time.

Pretty great show last night, some of the shows have been straight up goofy and poorly booked recently. Forbidden Door looks great, but this New Japan shit has run its course. They Japan guys are just not over enough to be this featured week in and week out. Bring in 1 or 2 at a time.

My only gripe, and it's a small one, was Mox and Tanahashi just staring at each other for 7 minutes at the end. At first I liked it, but they should have either started trading punches or two other guys should have rolled in that they started fighting. I find it hard to believe Mox can stand next to someone for that long without punching him. The character they've developed for him makes me think he'd punch the mailman if the guy tried to make small talk.

Forbidden Door shaping up to either be 5 hours, or have a bunch of 7 minute multi man matches

Whomever the mystery guy is. I think you have to have ZSJ go over. Because it builds towards a future match with Danielson. If he loses then it's like ZSJ was never in the discussion for best technical wrestler.

My god the show this week. Hated it. My least favourite Dynamite ever. A mess pretty much from start to finish.

Bryan's promo was good... until he didn't say who was replacing him. That's not making me want to see the ppv. Announce shit properly. Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday bombed because of that. This ppv needed all the help it could get. The topper was ZSJ coming out for no reason.

6 man was fine... except Ospreay's team lost again. Why do I want to see this guy again? I don't. He's a loser.

The NJPW tag belts remind me of the WWE ones. Ugly.

Singh is dare I say kinda growing on me. It's taken some time to overcome that rotten first impression. Dutt and Lethal are perfect for him.

Christian's promo was good. A tad long, but good. Not sure what's going on with Luchasaurus.

The Bucks announced some match that went in one ear and out the other. It was at this point I realised I was only 40 mins in.

I can only hope that somebody from NJPW wins the AA belt so I don't have to deal with another title on the show. Penta and Black are morons for doing a top rope package piledriver. Idiots. They wonder why so many of the roster are injured.

Miro and Wardlow cut good promos.

That Silas Young guy is awful. Kept trying to wrestle like the Bucks and failed miserably.

Great to see Okada... except I'm pretty sure in this segment White clearly said Hangman and Cole weren't getting shots. He never said who was, I'm 99.9% certain. I had to catch the actual match announcement during Excalibur speedrunning the card later. Oh and Page/Cole are getting the shot??? What a mess.

Jade/Kris/Athena were all good. No complaints.

Please get Shafir off my screen. She has nothing.

Darby mentioned some match with some guys I've never heard of. Great.

Main event was fine. At least Archer took the pin. They got that right. Aftermath was an awkward mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back