• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
First I was defensive, now Im angry
Shit I better get this under control quickly

giphy.gif
Please

You didn't like my opinions last night, either

DpQ9YJl.png

I started looking around for an explanation on how Cody was cut on the opposite side of his head from the chair's impact and it would seem the speed at which it happened and the camera angle were kinda throwing it off visually. ..Not to mention some of the weirdest posturing for a chair shot to the noggin.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-30-at-12.07.26-PM-800x400.png

This image sucks ass but I can't find the better ones I saw earlier today. The chair's backrest is what more than likely opened him up.

Kinda dumb to take an unprotected chairshot to the head with all the CTE shit flying around but the chair was gimmicked, just probably not to the point the backrest was significantly altered.

Overall not a bad event at all. Works for a smaller type event and a show to build up storylines and all that.

Random thoughts:

- The Librarian nonsense needs to die. Leva Bates and Allie had probably the worst match on the card as is. Pure slopfest.
- Nyla Rose is a touch overrated. Very sloppy.
- Hope there's more to Nakazawa and we're not just going to see him do the oil spots every time he's out there.
- The triple tag team match was awesome. Private Party can do some incredible shit.
- Don't understand the appeal of Jimmy Havoc or Joey Janela.
- Darby Allin is impressive and doesn't totally stick to stereotypical smaller guy shit. It's funny that there's all this shit about the chair shot and less about his back breaking Coffin Drop onto "the hardest part of the ring".
- Don't think it would have hurt if one of the Young Bucks took the pin from one of the Lucha Bros. Good match regardless. Liked the Street Fighter get up.
- The third guy with Excalibur and Ross was a game commentator yeah? He did a pretty good job out there. Don't know that I wanna hear JR as much as I am. Can tell when he isn't too familiar with whatever talent and just kinda throws out some textbook comments.

I don't know where they're going with that whole Librarian thing. Unless Marty Scurll eventually joins, does his shush thing, and breaks male Librarian's shushing fingers. But even that would be worthless and beneath him.

Something I'm noticing from the Elite guys, and it's a bad sign, is that they seem to lack balls. They're already practically apologising for the chair shot and wasted no time in telling everyone it was gimmicked. Khan made a big point of saying you won't see anything like that on the weekly show, along with no adult stories, no swearing, no blood, no men slamming women, and so on.

On top of that, they seem so determined to make a joke of everything as if they're afraid of people laughing at them rather than with them. All of the meta stuff says to me "We know that wrestling is actually kind of silly and we don't want you thinking we take it seriously because that would embarrass us." They're not committed to the bit.

But the biggest problem is the fans. The reason wrestling in the west will never reach the heights of the past again is because of the fans. They don't want something new, they want to be able to just enjoy WWE again. If that means enjoying it under another name, they'll take it, but everything else has to line up.

I think it's a big mistake to capitulate to the fans the way they seem to be doing. You're supposed to take the fans on a ride, not let them tell you where to go. Imagine letting sensitive fans shape the product during the Attitude era. The fans just want more PG WWE no matter how much they claim otherwise, and that's what AEW will become.

Something I'm noticing from the Elite guys, and it's a bad sign, is that they seem to lack balls. They're already practically apologising for the chair shot and wasted no time in telling everyone it was gimmicked. Khan made a big point of saying you won't see anything like that on the weekly show, along with no adult stories, no swearing, no blood, no men slamming women, and so on.

Nu males, bro.

Stuff that sticks out to me...

Darby, Havoc, and Janella need to work on their physiques just a bit. Those dudes, regardless of how awesome a match they produce, always give their matches a backyard wrestling feel.

It was very awkward seeing Nyla Rose’s ass. Even Rikishi’s ass didn’t bug me this much.

Riho is unequivocally The GOAT.

The preshow nonsense should be turned down a notch as AEW progresses and evolves.

Still no clue why Cody was cut on the right side of his head when the chair shot was to the left.

Maybe I don’t follow AEW’s media as much as I should, but I have no clue how some of these storylines are born. For example, since when were Cody and Dustin beefing? Who is Shawn Spears, and why is he attacking Cody, especially when Cody seems to have other viable options for feuds at the moment.
Agreed on the body aspect, at least for Darby and Jungle Boy. Janelle doesnt bother me so much because he is a bit thicker and works for some of the bumps he takes (kinda the pear shape Mick Foley thing) but Jungle Boy and Darby have great looks and are handsome as hell, so a good body would really give them the perfect look. Yeah I said it!

Re Spears and Cody, i think Spears was brought in by Cody because Spears took him under his wing when they were training in OVW or whatever and so Cody hired Spears as a favor because he fills a good role, and Spears takes exception to that and attacks him.

The show at least clarified who is heel and who is face on some fronts. I've been very confused on who exactly I should be cheering for.

You mean when you were complaining that the fans were having a good time?
I'm fine with them having a good time, but they're the same dorks that populate NXT shows. Maybe a bit worse, if that's possible. Blind followers.

I'm fine with them having a good time, but they're the same dorks that populate NXT shows. Maybe a bit worse, if that's possible. Blind followers.
the event was at a video game tournament.
not sure what else u were expecting them to be?
they're the same dorks at WWE shows and are subscribed to Xavier woods' up-up-down-down youtube channel.

the event was at a video game tournament.
not sure what else u were expecting them to be?
they're the same dorks at WWE shows and are subscribed to Xavier woods' up-up-down-down youtube channel.
The black guy in the front row on the left was having the time of his life. I'm not gonna hate on a crowd for not sitting on their hands looking miserable like I usually see

The black guy in the front row on the left was having the time of his life. I'm not gonna hate on a crowd for not sitting on their hands looking miserable like I usually see

I bet that crowd smelled though, B.

yeah, I liked the energy of the crowd and the actual applause/cheers instead of this is awesome chants all night.

idunno who the black guy is but the Asian dude next to him was Justin wong (passed the fight stick in to CEO). wong is/was one of the best fighting games players in the world.

he'll forever be remembered for being on the losing end of this tho:

Also, who was that dude who ran out in the middle of The Elite's entrance and did the Batista thing?

Agreed on the body aspect, at least for Darby and Jungle Boy. Janelle doesnt bother me so much because he is a bit thicker and works for some of the bumps he takes (kinda the pear shape Mick Foley thing) but Jungle Boy and Darby have great looks and are handsome as hell, so a good body would really give them the perfect look. Yeah I said it!

Re Spears and Cody, i think Spears was brought in by Cody because Spears took him under his wing when they were training in OVW or whatever and so Cody hired Spears as a favor because he fills a good role, and Spears takes exception to that and attacks him.

The show at least clarified who is heel and who is face on some fronts. I've been very confused on who exactly I should be cheering for.
Jungle Boy was talking about bulking up in Chris Van Vliet interview, I think. If I remember him rightly I think he said he was about 145lbs and wants to get to 185lbs by next year or something.

Jungle Boy was talking about bulking up in Chris Van Vliet interview, I think. If I remember him rightly I think he said he was about 145lbs and wants to get to 185lbs by next year or something.
that's gonna be a lot of burgers at the peach pit

I'm not sure why Moxley vs Janela is getting so much praise. It was basically an Attitude Era Mick Foley match. We've seen it done better a hundred times.

that's gonna be a lot of burgers at the peach pit
Fair play for him being on the ball about what some fans will want from him and how to improve his stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back