AEW: Fyter Fest

Will you watch?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Because he lost to Jericho and shared a win with the Bucks.

Someone of Omegas calibre and success should be 2-0 in singles, convincingly, before attacking Mox.

Attacking Mox was nice, but it's not enough.

He is just another wrestler otherwise.
We're two shows in and he already has the hottest feud in the company against the top star in the company and somehow thats a negative?
If you aint in the main event of Wrestlemania every year then youre getting buried I guess

We're two shows in and he already has the hottest feud in the company against the top star in the company and somehow thats a negative?
If you aint in the main event of Wrestlemania every year then youre getting buried I guess

Because he was white-hot until losing on his way out of NJPW to Takahashi, only to lose to a 50 year old Jericho upon his debut?

I thought it was an increasingly good show. Started off really slow and ramped up and ramped up. Built up feuds and maintained wins and losses mattering.

Cant give everything away on a free show.
Great post!

Because he was white-hot until losing on his way out of NJPW to Takahashi, only to lose to a 50 year old Jericho upon his debut?
Losing to Jericho is now something to be ashamed of? That ain't right, dude.

Which led to him being pivoted into a main event feud against a huge star
If he wins that match hes sitting around waiting to face Hangman Page at All Out and someone else is closing out both shows and getting a babyface mega push against Moxley
Storylines take time to play out when theyre done correctly and this is setting up Omega to be the biggest babyface in AEW
After he gets his revenge against Moxley and Jericho beats Page for the belt we get Omega chasing Jericho in an effort to become the champ and also overcome one of the biggest losses of his career as all the fans in the country cheer him on to new heights
Long term booking, brother, its a beautiful thing

If he wins that match hes sitting around waiting to face Hangman Page at All Out and someone else is closing out both shows and getting a babyface mega push against Moxley
Storylines take time to play out when theyre done correctly and this is setting up Omega to be the biggest babyface in AEW
After he gets his revenge against Moxley and Jericho beats Page for the belt we get Omega chasing Jericho in an effort to become the champ and also overcome one of the biggest losses of his career as all the fans in the country cheer him on to new heights
<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>

STARS

3 way tag - ***¾
Librarian cuck - *
Oily fuck vs CEO bro - *½
CIMA/CD - ***
Triple threat - ***½
Fatal 4 - ***¼
Darby/Cody - ****
6 man - ****
Mox/JJ - ****
Stuff that sticks out to me...

Darby, Havoc, and Janella need to work on their physiques just a bit. Those dudes, regardless of how awesome a match they produce, always give their matches a backyard wrestling feel.

It was very awkward seeing Nyla Rose’s ass. Even Rikishi’s ass didn’t bug me this much.

Riho is unequivocally The GOAT.

The preshow nonsense should be turned down a notch as AEW progresses and evolves.

Still no clue why Cody was cut on the right side of his head when the chair shot was to the left.

Maybe I don’t follow AEW’s media as much as I should, but I have no clue how some of these storylines are born. For example, since when were Cody and Dustin beefing? Who is Shawn Spears, and why is he attacking Cody, especially when Cody seems to have other viable options for feuds at the moment.

Still no clue why Cody was cut on the right side of his head when the chair shot was to the left.
The seat part of the chair wrapped over the top of Codys head which caused the back rest to hit him in the back of the head as he ducked

cody-update.jpg

Stuff that sticks out to me...

Darby, Havoc, and Janella need to work on their physiques just a bit. Those dudes, regardless of how awesome a match they produce, always give their matches a backyard wrestling feel.

It was very awkward seeing Nyla Rose’s ass. Even Rikishi’s ass didn’t bug me this much.

Riho is unequivocally The GOAT.

The preshow nonsense should be turned down a notch as AEW progresses and evolves.

Maybe I don’t follow AEW’s media as much as I should, but I have no clue how some of these storylines are born. For example, since when were Cody and Dustin beefing? Who is Shawn Spears, and why is he attacking Cody, especially when Cody seems to have other viable options for feuds at the moment.

I personally don't care about the physiques. The "larger than life athlete" is something I never cared for.

Watch Being the Elite at least once in a while or the Road to shows on YouTube and you can get background on the matches. Cody and Dustin weren't beefing, the match just always eluded them and they felt they needed to have it.

The seat part of the chair wrapped over the top of Codys head which caused the back rest to hit him in the back of the head as he ducked

cody-update.jpg
It really didn't. The whole angle was poorly done.

I hope they aren't building Omega to be their top face. For their sake and mine. He's a fucking dork.

Losing to Jericho is now something to be ashamed of? That ain't right, dude.

With respect, Jericho is 50. Omega is 35. Jericho is doing well for a man of his age, but Omega is known to have had some of the best matches, ever, and is still in the prime of his career. He should be protected by AEW, not losing on the first show.

I'd switch them around, having Page lose to Jericho and make Page the top face, and Omega a top heel. Kenny Omega, as a previous poster said, is a bit of a dork, as a face. He is a machine in the ring however and should be treated like it.

On the flip side, Page had some good matches in New Japan but he never really stood on the top of the mountain, so it should be Page fighting up and seizing the opportunity.

It really didn't. The whole angle was poorly done.

I hope they aren't building Omega to be their top face. For their sake and mine. He's a fucking dork.
It really did, this isnt a theory its certifiable fact since he had a hardway on the back of his head

Why do you care who they make the top guy since you gave it a chance and it obviously isnt for you

It really did, this isnt a theory its certifiable fact since he had a hardway on the back of his head

Why do you care who they make the top guy since you gave it a chance and it obviously isnt for you
He wasn't bleeding from the same side the chair hit. He could've paid better attention when he bladed.

Probably Moxley, but they can't have him in hardcore matches every time out. That will wear out fast.

Omega may be a top guy in Japan but he doesn't have what it takes to be on top in a major company in America. He just comes off as a major dork. Turn him heel and maybe it would be different.

Last edited:
He wasn't bleeding from the same side the chair hit. He could've paid better attention when he bladed.

Probably Moxley, but they can't have him in hardcore matches every time out. That will wear out fast.

Omega may be a top guy in Japan but he doesn't have what it takes to be on top in a major company in America. He just comes off as a major dork. Turn him heel and maybe it would be different.
He was bleeding from the exact spot where the chair hit him because it was the chair that caused him to bleed
Thats science

I'll ask again since you didnt seem to understand the question the first time

He was bleeding from the exact spot where the chair hit him because it was the chair that caused him to bleed
Thats science

I'll ask again since you didnt seem to understand the question the first time

Because I want something better than what we get every Monday night and one Sunday a month. I'm still waiting.

It's ok for someone to have a differing opinion than you. Don't get so defensive. I know two other guys who watched last night. One tapped out after the Cody match and the other fell asleep watching. It's not just me.

Because I want something better than what we get every Monday night and one Sunday a month. I'm still waiting.

It's ok for someone to have a differing opinion than you. Don't get so defensive. I know two other guys who watched last night. One tapped out after the Cody match and the other fell asleep watching. It's not just me.
Im not getting defensive, youre the one quoting me so Im gonna be a gentleman and take the time to tell you all the things youre wrong about

Do me a favor and keep me updated on those two friends though
Cant wait to hear what they get into next

Im not getting defensive, youre the one quoting me so Im gonna be a gentleman and take the time to tell you all the things youre wrong about

Do me a favor and keep me updated on those two friends though
Cant wait to hear what they get into next
You're angry that I didn't like the show. It's obvious.

Back