AEW CXXV: Up In Flames

Fun Dynamite,

The main event was great. Some people don't want to admit it, but Fletcher's probably already better than Ricochet and should be getting a push. 6'4", can do a promo and his workrate is extremely high. Keep him a babyface with Ospreay and I think he'll get really over in time. Don't do the bs trope of having him turn on Will and feuding with him, it doesn't work and he'll end up midcard. He's way better than Daniel Garcia who everybody seems to love.

The more I see and hear from Nigel, the more I think he's going to give it a go as a wrestler again. The guy was incredible 10-15 years ago.

Mox's group is over with me and lol at Marina beating up private party.

Mariah and Yuka will probably overproduce next week.

Jericho is washed and should be a manager now.
Where's Mercedes?
Hangman is tremendous
Ricochet has blown up in all his AEW matches so far. The Fed style is clearly way slower.
Don Callis just needs to be a commentator, his whole group are over as babyfaces

Keep him a babyface with Ospreay and I think he'll get really over in time. Don't do the bs trope of having him turn on Will and feuding with him, it doesn't work and he'll end up midcard. He's way better than Daniel Garcia who everybody seems to love.
I agree with this 1000% (including the Garcia comment), keep them together for years and let Fletcher get noticed for his talent but also get the effect of being alongside Ospreay, with the Ospreay style he may get hurt/vacation and Fletcher could be built up to step into his role.

Thought this week's Dynamite was much better than recent efforts. A slow start, but there was some great stuff on it.

Lol'd a the Jessie Spano jacket sign in the crowd as OC made his entrance. Match with Jericho was there. Fine, whatevs, etc. The finish leads me to think this must continue unfortunately. AEW have killed the table spot as well.

Hook squash was mighty pointless. Wasn't even an angle with Roddy afterwards. Bizarre.

Private Party promo sucked. Camera was all over the place. Total geeks.

Women's tag was fine. Mina will be back too!

Nigel video was *eventually* good.

Mox and co beating up all the geeks was fantastic. Loved it.

Mortos is over with me. Dude is indeed a beast. Ricochet remains meh. The stuff with Ospreay later on was very weak. No personality whatsoever. Nothing there.

Hangman interview was great. Very well done.

Main event was good. Takeshita, man. He always finds a way to stand out even in matches like this. Wasted in Don's group. Fletcher too. Don Callis Family has existed for more than a year now.

Just watched Mina V. Rian.

swoon.gif

Maika's pretty good too.

muscles.jpg

Last edited:
1 year ago already. How the fuck this dude's ankle still not healed?

I ain't complaining though, glad he's still gone <lmao>

She was the drizzling shits for so long. Just goes to show what good creative can do. I've been saying for years these factions need more female members. Both WWE and AEW have been doing it lately. Needs to be the right fit, though.

You mean you didn't like her "You don't know me!" promo where she randomly had a new hat on.

I mean, she had a new hat!

I injured mine 3 years ago and it still isn't healed properly. If there is nerve issues it might never heal.

So Miro has formally asked for his release, what a fucking moron this guy is.

He was given the best run of his career and then got such a big head it exploded. His ex-wife, in 2022 I believe, flat out said in a interview, "He'd only be happy being the AEW World Champion."

Around this time he flat out refused to put over Hangman Adam Page for "Not being a big enough star. "

His recent pitch to Tony Khan was to work a main event program with Moxley. Uh...Miro, he's indisposed at the moment you goof.

Please release him and then immediately reallocate his contract funds towards advertising for shows to help ticket sales. Like stop what you're doing right now and do that this instance.

He had some good promos as the redeemer and a decent TNT title run but the man clearly doesn't want to work and thinks he is a bigger star than he is.

Miro will be part of the last breed of released WWE stars who get gigs in AEW. This has been a learning experience for Tony Khan and AEW to not sign ex-wwe people who are "Fed-pilled" meaning they really just want to be in WWE and see AEW has a stop-gap or less than.

It no surprise to me he didn't sign Dolph and Ali and very likely won't sign Lashley. Tony's been scared off from these types of people. The perfect example is Trevor Lee, he was released and AEW blew him off knowing he only wants to be in WWE and he has actually bashed AEW in the past, another is Jinder Mahal.

I think a lot of WWE people who think AEW would scoop them up after being fired will be in for a rude awakening. Tony wants Edge types, who leave when they know their stale or Ricochet types who think they can do better.

Miro had a better AEW career than Keith Lee.

The amount of baggage and issues Miro seems to have, I hope TK does release him and uses it as a lesson learned. Paying all those budget cut casualties fat money was never going to work. As for Miro, dude refused to work and then went MIA with his personal issues, he also seems like a bridge burner.

He's been backstage the last couple of weeks, no clue what his role would even be right now with heels and heel groups running wild. Give him a narcissist gimmick and let him flex for you all each week lol.

Yeah, Cole's role now is hilarious given MJF went back heel so quickly.

So he returns as ... a babyface? LOL

Apparently Wardlow is being kept on ice, because Cole's out, but the Undisputed Kingdom fucking sucks and is dead.

Given the success, they are better off just putting Cole with Wardlow and MJF in a group as heels and have them feud with Fletcher, Ospreay and a third.

Back