• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked AEW CXVII: Mariah is Upon Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week's Dynamite has some pretty darn cool stuff. Some of the usual meh and Jericho, but pretty decent.

Tag match was fine. No idea why we need to see Trent vs OC again at the ppv. OC already beat him.

I wonder if Ospreay will enquire as to why the rest of the Don Callis Family didn't make the save for him. I would hope they don't book him to be a total putz. AEW have let me down many a time in that regard.

Jay White's promo was ehhhh. Pac immediately outshone him.

FTW three way sucked. Jericho sucked. Didn't even make any "smart" insider references on commentary to try to win over the easily impressed. The absolute pits.

Takeshita mercifully squashed Sydal. Not sure about Mox laying him out with a mic. Very weak.

The Bucks comedy segments were quite odd throughout the show. The Elite need a proper leader for this thing to work.

Swerve vs Nick Wayne was there. The angle afterwards was infinitely better.

Black vs Kyle was something. I'll give them credit for trying something with the striking stuff. It got a mild "this is awesome" chant, so... yay?

That was a chunky bloodbath. Dunno how they cleaned it up for the next match. That was impressive.

Women's tag was good. Had all the hijinks. Also, Deeb is back to being a heel. Praise the lord.

Main event was fine. Bryan's toughest test - getting a match out of Satnam.

Darby and a flamethrower. Professional wrestling at its finest!

I also had alot of fun with the show last night, a nice balance of matches and segments to build toward DoN. I really liked MB/KOR and the women's tag was good which isn't a shocker as the women have brought it each week. Darby doesn't have to do much outside of matches and elevates himself, I like them playing to his crazy strengths to prop him up some more. I also don't mind the Bucks but I'm one of the few here that enjoys them and their matches lol.

Jericho gets crap for being stale/boring but damn is Hook way more uninteresting, his matches, his promos, whether he stays in AEW or goes he has a ton of work to put in. I knew it wouldn't happen but would have preferred a Bounty Hunter win and he's hunting the For The World title just to have something very different while spending time on someone that actually wants to be there.

Got a question for regular AEW viewers - Are you hyped for Mercedes Mone's in-ring debut or already completely bored?

Because I'm a big fan of Sasha Banks.... in WWE.
I've been of the opinion she's the biggest free agent Tony could sign, and he finally did. She debuted her 'CEO' gimmick a month and a half back in Boston, and for 6 weeks she's been doing everything but wrestle when she's on screen.

Its unquestionably been a mistake to keep her making TV appearances and just doing promos because at some point she has to back up her talk, and before her in-ring debut against the AEW women's champion... I realize I'm so bored.

Anyone else feel the same or am I missing something?

Got a question for regular AEW viewers - Are you hyped for Mercedes Mone's in-ring debut or already completely bored?

I've been of the opinion she's the biggest free agent Tony could sign, and he finally did. She debuted her 'CEO' gimmick a month and a half back in Boston, and for 6 weeks she's been doing everything but wrestle when she's on screen.

Its unquestionably been a mistake to keep her making TV appearances and just doing promos because at some point she has to back up her talk, and before her in-ring debut against the AEW women's champion... I realize I'm so bored.

If she took her ball and went home again and never wrestled a match for AEW, I wouldn't give a damn

If she took her ball and went home again and never wrestled a match for AEW, I wouldn't give a damn

I think its an example of wrestlers are valued depending what org they're in.

Jon Moxely & Mercedes Mone in AEW =
<{cruzshake}>

Dean Ambrone & Sasha Banks in WWE =
<BC1>
<goldie><CerseiPlotting>

I'm more ready for her debut to see how far they go with her long term or if she pulls a Regal and bails, im getting more interested as her debut nears. They misjudged many things including the popularity of Willow and the rah rah happy face promos.

If they unleash her correctly she will do alot of good for AEW, she has mainstream appeal, the look and isn't afraid to be in the spotlight for the brand. She will need to deliver on all that and then some with the amount of money she is making though.

Im interested in Mariah May most right now, she's got the look and puts on a hard hitting match with ease.

<{anton}>

Fuck MJF. We want Hayter!

jamie-hayter-aew.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back