Locked AEW CXVI Neck Strong Awarness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prepare for a small crowd for Dynamite and even smaller crowd for Rampage. Maybe 300 people lmao

Bad timing to have it the same day as the Oilers game

Prepare for a small crowd for Dynamite and even smaller crowd for Rampage. Maybe 300 people lmao

300? Seeing 4k tickets have been sold, but would people ditch to watch hockey?

Wrestletix is saying they sold 4000 tickets, the game doesn't start until after Dynamite. Would people throw away their tickets to not miss the first period?

Wrestletix is saying they sold 4000 tickets, the game doesn't start until after Dynamite. Would people throw away their tickets to not miss the first period?

A couple of articles have said there's a huge watch party being hosted not far from Dynamites arena, so fans might opt for that over rasslin'.

Key word is "might".

300? Seeing 4k tickets have been sold, but would people ditch to watch hockey?
It's the first game of the 2nd round of the playoffs against a huge rival.
So yes, in this situation lol
They will probably leave early, I meant Rampage would have 300 people lol

(I will be one of them)

A couple of articles have said there's a huge watch party being hosted not far from Dynamites arena, so fans might opt for that over rasslin'.

Key word is "might".
And yes, we have watch parties for every playoff game, whether its home or away.

FSxXzOuUAAEIhy6.jpg

Is every single person that lives in Edmonton a hockey fan? I feel like booking events in sports towns during big games is a pretty common occurrence and it doesn't effect the non sports event.

I think the more worrying aspect of the attendance tonight is that AEW once again booked a 20k seat arena and configured it for 4k.

Is every single person that lives in Edmonton a hockey fan? I feel like booking events in sports towns during big games is a pretty common occurrence and it doesn't effect the non sports event.

I think the more worrying aspect of the attendance tonight is that AEW once again booked a 20k seat arena and configured it for 4k.
It's Edmonton. It isn't like they have a choice.

lol yes hockey here is like football in Texas.

And it’s worse that it’s the second round of the playoffs against a divisional rival we haven’t seen in the playoffs since 1992. So it’s insane everywhere here.

And it’s worse that it’s the second round of the playoffs against a divisional rival we haven’t seen in the playoffs since 1992. So it’s insane everywhere here.
Can they PLEASE beat the CANucks??? I want to see @idrankyourbeer riot.

You can book a concert, wrestling event, just about anything in Dallas, Texas during a Cowboys playoff game and people would still show up for the concert, wrestling event, or whatever, especially if they already paid. My point is more people aren't sports fans than are.

I feel like a large portion of people who pay money to go to wrestling shows in person aren't always the biggest sports fans either. A lot of wrestling fans are the dorks that say "sportsball" thinking they're being clever.

I remember a few years back for example in LA there was a big Dodgers game, a big Lakers game, and WWE Raw all happening at the same time, people on Reddit were making threads that no one would show up for Raw for days leading up to the show, and when showtime hit Raw was packed.

I don't know Edmonton though, maybe there's legit nothing else to do there but watch hockey, that's why I'm curious lol

I don't know Edmonton though, maybe there's legit nothing else to do there but watch hockey, that's why I'm curious lol
It's a Wrestlemania every time the Oilers have a playoff game, BG!

You can book a concert, wrestling event, just about anything in Dallas, Texas during a Cowboys playoff game and people would still show up for the concert, wrestling event, or whatever, especially if they already paid. My point is more people aren't sports fans than are.

I feel like a large portion of people who pay money to go to wrestling shows in person aren't always the biggest sports fans either. A lot of wrestling fans are the dorks that say "sportsball" thinking they're being clever.

I remember a few years back for example in LA there was a big Dodgers game, a big Lakers game, and WWE Raw all happening at the same time, people on Reddit were making threads that no one would show up for Raw for days leading up to the show, and when showtime hit Raw was packed.

Those are all massive markets as well though. I think a better comparison would be a college town like Tallahassee or Knoxville and running an event the same day as home game.

Those are all massive markets as well though. I think a better comparison would be a college town like Tallahassee or Knoxville and running an event the same day as home game.
Yea, exactly.
But 5x the population lol

No CFL going on right now.
We have a very minor basketball team.

Not much else to do now except watch the entire population enjoy hockey in the playoffs.

But I see BG's point, there are a lot of wrestling fans that aren't sports fans at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back