• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked AEW CXI: AEW's New Era Has Begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the first quarter hour ratings are for that, then. The second quarter actually reflects AEW.
I don't think they take it from one singular point. I think it's an average of the viewership for that quarter. Could be wrong though

It's only like a minute, but they are the lead in, so their numbers help AEW's. It's fucked up from what I understand of it.
Ah okay. Either way the next quarter was still over 900k so no bleed over there.

No, they were definitely up, just not as much as the raw numbers seem to point to. The biggest issue is the drop off.
Third quarter of the second hour and never went back up for the main event. If the Nielsen ratings are to be trusted then people didn't give a shit about a women's main event nor Chris Jericho. Ratings don't always tell the story though, and WBD don't even use Nielsen ratings to analyse the success of their shows because they think they're becoming increasingly unreliable. They use their own system, I believe.

Third quarter of the second hour and never went back up for the main event. If the Nielsen ratings are to be trusted then people didn't give a shit about a women's main event nor Chris Jericho. Ratings don't always tell the story though, and WBD don't even use Nielsen ratings to analyse the success of their shows because they think they're becoming increasingly unreliable. They use their own system, I believe.
Big Business was the first TV I watched in about a month. I can safely say nobody gave a fuuuuck about Jericho. He was by far the coldest thing on the show.

Big Business was the first TV I watched in about a month. I can safely say nobody gave a fuuuuck about Jericho. He was by far the coldest thing on the show.
Oh definitely. Crowd went dead

Are their numbers available?

Oh definitely. Crowd went dead
It's time to call it a day I think. Hopefully Hook beats him in TO and he goes away. This is worse than 2012 when he would just show up and lose to anybody

The only people that give a shit about Nielsen ratings in the year 2024 appear to be weird wrestling fans.

Literally every major entertainment company has come out over the last couple of years saying they don't fuck with Nielsen because it's so untrustworthy, yet here we are with weird wrestling fans still arguing about and worrying about Nielsen ratings <Lmaoo>

The only people that give a shit about Nielsen ratings in the year 2024 appear to be weird wrestling fans.

Literally every major entertainment company has come out over the last couple of years saying they don't fuck with Nielsen because it's so untrustworthy, yet here we are with weird wrestling fans still arguing about and worrying about Nielsen ratings <Lmaoo>
It would be nice of that contract would just get extended and people would shut the fuck up about it. It blows my mind the people harping on the ratings and hoping AEW fails because it's like... do you motherfuckers not remember wrestling being terrible for like 20 years? WWE %100 seems like the more interesting show right now, and how often can anyone say that these past two decades? But nah let's pray for the downfall of this other place where people are making a shitload of money because that guy is also dirty stinking rich, not like MY company that is a corporate conglomerate made up of many dirty stinking rich people!

Does any other fan base do this? Lmao I highly doubt it.

Seems at the moment it feels like the ratings are just used to confirm biases people already have whether they're negative or positive

It would be nice of that contract would just get extended and people would shut the fuck up about it.

Weirdos will never shut up about the ratings, even after AEW signs a new TV deal.

2020: "AEW ratings bad, dying company". WBD proceeds to give Dynamite a multi year extension with a massive pay raise.
2021: "AEW ratings bad, dying company". WBD proceeds to greenlight Rampage.
2022: "AEW ratings bad, dying company". WBD proceeds to greenlight 4 quarterly Battle of the Belts specials per year.
2023: "AEW ratings bad, dying company". WBD proceeds to greenlight Collision.

Weirdos will never shut up about the ratings, even after AEW signs a new TV deal.

2020: "AEW ratings bad, dying company". WBD proceeds to give Dynamite a multi year extension with a massive pay raise.
2021: "AEW ratings bad, dying company". WBD proceeds to greenlight Rampage.
2022: "AEW ratings bad, dying company". WBD proceeds to greenlight 4 quarterly Battle of the Belts specials.
2023: "AEW ratings bad, dying company". WBD proceeds to greenlight Collision.
February looms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back