Advice for a kid pursuing his dreams

future_king

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I am 20 years old with all of my football eligibility and I am planning to attend UCF this upcoming fall and walk on. I should of played directly out of high school but certain circumstances surrounded my life and I was honestly just scared out of my mind to leave my family (I'm a big family person) but all in all I'm just terrified and I want it more than anything for a second chance but I don't know if I should......

Focus more on your education, not just football

DONT-BE-SCARED-GOMI.jpg

I'm going to suggest some English classes to start with.

Your dream is to play college football? Ah, to be young and naive. Listen, you little goof, your education should be your priority. College football will only last a few years. Spend time and find a subject that you have passion for and go from there. Do not let your grades suffer.

if you listen to people who tell you you can't do it, you wont do it.

I'm sorry for the improper grammar. I wasn't trying to be too proper considering this is just a website forum. However, I have been focusing on my education. I finished high school with a 3.8 as well as being 15 credit hours away from my AA degree. I was also very small out of high school and was only given preferred walk on proposals at the D1 schools and most of the D2 schools that showed interest in me. Money was always a big issue in that regard, hence the reason I have been training and working jobs to help aid in affording some of the expenses.

I'm definitely going to go get it!!

I was a linebacker and running back around 5'7" 165. I'm now 5'11 206 and I'm going to play either safety or running back. (Or whatever is needed for me to play)
How the fuck did you grow 4 inches since high school?

I am 20 years old with all of my football eligibility and I am planning to attend UCF this upcoming fall and walk on. I should of played directly out of high school but certain circumstances surrounded my life and I was honestly just scared out of my mind to leave my family (I'm a big family person) but all in all I'm just terrified and I want it more than anything for a second chance but I don't know if I should......

first be certain to learn the difference between "should of" and "should have" then follow your dreams. Fuck it man, you're young. But as someone else recommended get an education along with your dream chasing. Putting a massive amount of effort into goals while young can pay off later when you're tired and decrepit.

Follow your dreams, bro. You should probably know what position you want to play and be training for that, specifically. Probably a pipe dream, but I had a similar one, and regret never walking on with the Houston Oilers.

How the fuck did you grow 4 inches since high school?
Late bloomer....it's not uncommon, and fucks you up for school sports. I was 5'6" at 16 and peaked at 6'3" plus at 21.

Back