Adult UFC Fans? How do you watch?

Usually at home, downloaded, after kiddo goes to bed. She has seen some fights, and been to the gym with me, but she'd rather watch Harry Potter!

I'm 30 and find that over the last 2-3 years my interest mma has dwindled significantly. I used to watch every event. Now I only watch 1-3 events per year and the rest you have to pay me to sit and watch them. But the ones I watch, usually at a sports bar with friends, or chilling at home with some pizza, and a few friends.
You just have low test

Patron, cocaine, few hundred dollar bets on average, sweaty palms and sweatier feet bout to have a heart attack but have to take a shit first.

2r4ho2e1.gif

Im 33 and thats exactly how i watch it. Me and the mrs and usually a few friends. We usually arrange for our 12 year old son to sleep at her mums for the big ones.

Seeing as we are in the uk. The main fights only start about 4 or 5 am. So by that time im pretty wasted.

One time i actually sat there watching the fights and i actually ripped up into tiny pieces about £250 worth of betting slips. I didnt even realise at the time i was that wasted lol

*Heavily triggered being in my early 30s and not qualifying as adult on Sherdog...intensifies*

PS: PPV... once in a while over breakfast with mates at the pub (Sunday morning UFC timezone things)

39... Still have friends over. The kids play, wives talk gossip, we eat well and throw down some beers/whiskey/vodka. I don't get every PPV like I used to but it's a good excuse to hangout and have fun.

I'm the only hardcore MMA fan, most others just want to see title fights or the main event. Still like watching fights like when I started but one difficult part was watching the old guard go down to the new studs of today. Love a good scrap even if it's a wmma fight.

This brought tears to my eyes. God bless u!

38 with wife and kids. I used to go watch with guys I trained with. Sometimes I'd buy at home and invite people over. Occasionally, I may still go meet a friend at BWW and watch some, but it's rare these days. I have lost interest in a lot of it, but do still get excited about big fights like Jones/DC. I used to hang out for hours and watch all the fights. Now I mostly just stream once the PPV starts or ask someone to text me when the one or two fights I'm interested in start.

I actually forget and miss a lot of events now days. I used to plan things around watching. If everyone on here is going nuts over a fight, then I'll go download off newsgroups to catch up. I'd say the number of cards (too many no names in boring fights) coupled with trying to make WMMA a thing has really turned me off to the UFC. I probably could have got into WMMA back when I started watching, but now days there is enough content that I don't need to see another low skill fight especially on every PPV - just a waste of time.

My wife used to watch with me, and probably still would if I watched. We watched the Rousey/Tate season of TUF and developed a hatred of Rousey. We watched the Holly KO several times laughing our ass off. Ditto for her return fight. The kids may watch for like 2 minutes but they don't really have any interest. They are into bjj, but don't watch long enough usually to see how it ties into MMA.

38 with wife and kids. I used to go watch with guys I trained with. Sometimes I'd buy at home and invite people over. Occasionally, I may still go meet a friend at BWW and watch some, but it's rare these days. I have lost interest in a lot of it, but do still get excited about big fights like Jones/DC. I used to hang out for hours and watch all the fights. Now I mostly just stream once the PPV starts or ask someone to text me when the one or two fights I'm interested in start.

I actually forget and miss a lot of events now days. I used to plan things around watching. If everyone on here is going nuts over a fight, then I'll go download off newsgroups to catch up. I'd say the number of cards (too many no names in boring fights) coupled with trying to make WMMA a thing has really turned me off to the UFC. I probably could have got into WMMA back when I started watching, but now days there is enough content that I don't need to see another low skill fight especially on every PPV - just a waste of time.

My wife used to watch with me, and probably still would if I watched. We watched the Rousey/Tate season of TUF and developed a hatred of Rousey. We watched the Holly KO several times laughing our ass off. Ditto for her return fight. The kids may watch for like 2 minutes but they don't really have any interest. They are into bjj, but don't watch long enough usually to see how it ties into MMA.
Are you a lesbian?<4>

I'm 38, been following since probably 1999. Up until about 30 or 31 years old I couldnt miss an event. I either went out or got a group of friends together or even watched late night by myself if I had to. I would say that I haven't seen a PPV in probably 2 years and here are some of the reasons.

I have an 8 year daughter and most of my friends also have kids so for us to get out and watch a UFC isn't always easy.
I can't stay up that late anymore. If I stay up to watch a main event then I'm probably staying up until at least midnight and maybe later. That doesn't bode well when my daughter gets up at 6:30am, has gymnastics at 8, swimming at 9:30 and who knows what at 10:30.
The nostalgia is gone for me for the most part. I used to get absolutely pumped for guys like Couture, Liddell, Ortiz, GSP, Hughes, Penn, Lesnar, Cain, Franklin, Anderson Silva. Now I just don't get all that excited for anyone except maybe Jones and Mcgregor and even then it isn't the same.

I follow very closely online and usually read the play by play the next day so I still have a really good idea of what is going on. I also watch most of the free fights.

This thread

maxresdefault.jpg

In fairness, yes I'm 38 and don't watch many UFC events but I've been to Tampa, Vegas and Colorado in the past year. I know it's hard to believe but there is fun outside the UFC lol

There are people over 35 who watch cage fighting?
Yeah - There are adults that watch MMA that have jobs and kids that don't live in their parent's basements with a Playstation and a dehumidifier.

Back