Adjustable bench

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just got some ironmaster adjustable dumbbells and want to get a bench to train on. I was checking out this thread-

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/bench.3870341/

but I think I would prefer a bench that can incline/decline and that I can do abs on. I'm considering getting the ironmaster adjustable bench as well but want to see what you guys recommend.

Screenshot_20200122-023931_Brave.jpg

It's a little pricy, but the idea of being able to do dips and pull ups is kind of tempting.

Thanks

People who know anything about training do decline?

I posted this in the wrong section.

People who know anything about training do decline?

What's wrong with decline? I've always done both incline and decline at the gym.

What's wrong with decline? I've always done both incline and decline at the gym.

Can you explain what decline does for you and why none of the best bench pressers in the world use it? What are they missing?

Can you explain what decline does for you and why none of the best bench pressers in the world use it? What are they missing?
I was under the impression that it targets the lower pec, like wide grip dips. I also don't really care what I bench.

I imagine that someone who is aspiring to be the best bench presser in the world wouldn't have any need to work at an angle other than the one they're trying to improve at.

What do other sherdoggers say? Does anyone else do decline bench? Personally, I like the way that angle feels, but even if decline bench is a useless exercise, I can do decline abs and with extra attachments I can use the bench for dips and pull ups so there's that.

I'm dealing with very limited space so the versatility is attractive.

I imagine that someone who is aspiring to be the best bench presser in the world wouldn't have any need to work at an angle other than the one they're trying to improve at.

Many of them, if not the majority, do incline.

Look into it with one of those 5-10 minute google searches we were talking about the other day.
Did 30 seconds of searching. None of the answers make sense. However Julius Maddox does incline so it must do something.

Rep AB-5000 zero gap is probably one of the better adjustable benches for the price. $500 + tax and shipping though.

Rep AB-5000 zero gap is probably one of the better adjustable benches for the price. $500 + tax and shipping though.
I had my eye on the ab5000 but I like the fact that I can attach a dip and pull up bar to the ironmaster. This is going in a bedroom so space is tight. What do you think is better about the ab5000 though?

Screenshot_20200122-141704_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20200122-141733_Brave.jpg

I had my eye on the ab5000 but I like the fact that I can attach a dip and pull up bar to the ironmaster. This is going in a bedroom so space is tight. What do you think is better about the ab5000 though?

View attachment 715343
View attachment 715345
I sometimes regret not getting it, but the adjusting for me is just a luxury and not a need so I am happy with my FB-5000. I will sometimes put it on blocks to do low incline at home, although currently there is no incline work in my programming. I always see those ironmaster benches on sale used on FB marketplace. Even when I bought my used ironmaster dumbbells the guy wanted to sell the bench for me at a good price, but I wasn't interested.

How about this bench? Anyone know about prime?

I like the fact that it declines (I also want to do abs on it), it's relatively light, and easy to use. I'm not paying for it and the person who is wants something nice.

Imagine paying $675 for an adjustable bench.

I like the fact that it declines

The foot attachment you'd need isn't included. I wonder how much extra that costs.

They also don't list prices on their website. It's 2020, you shouldn't have to contact someone and wait for a response when you're shopping around.

Last edited:
Imagine paying $675 for an adjustable bench.

The foot attachment you'd need isn't include. I wonder how much extra that costs.

They also don't list prices on their website. It's 2020, you shouldn't have to contact someone and wait for a response when you're shopping around.
Yeah, I'm not paying for it. The person who wants it can afford it but if it's not that great then I'll probably just forget the whole decline thing and get an abs-5000 which isn't much cheaper.

It's going in a bedroom and she wants to stick it in the corner when she's not using it so the fact that it's lightweight for her to move is nice.

So far I ordered ironmaster adjustable dumbbells, 3 plyometric box platforms in 12, 18 and 24 heights, and I have one of those pull up bars that hangs off a doorframe. After I pick a bench, I think that covers everything that I can reasonably fit in a bedroom for working out (a bed, dressers, and bookshelf is already in here so space is tight)

Anything else that yall recommend adding? I was going to get an exercise ball but I think it would be too much. Maybe I'll get one anyways. She has a jump rope. I think we can do a good work out in a small space.

Yeah, I'm not paying for it. The person who wants it can afford it but if it's not that great then I'll probably just forget the whole decline thing and get an abs-5000 which isn't much cheaper.

It's going in a bedroom and she wants to stick it in the corner when she's not using it so the fact that it's lightweight for her to move is nice.

It's not that the bench isn't nice; it definitely is. But, IMO, it's not worth paying that price for. I feel like you could get a bench that would serve you just as well and be of equal quality for a reduced cost. Then, if you want, you can put the money towards other things you want.

Back