Media Adesanya's middleweight run

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Since he's moving up to another division let's see his middleweight run so far.

I'm not his biggest fan but he's about it. In only 2 years he has an amazing record and beat the best of that division at this moment. His only weak win was against Romero because he was afraid, but I don't blame him, I would be scared too, of course he being a world champ should have done better but it is what it is, he still has an amazing run so far.

Thoughts?

Love him or hate him, Izzy is a worthy successor to the electrifying style of Anderson Silva, and brings some stability after a carousel of champions. Also, dude is a goldmine for memes and jokes
Animation1.gif

1ce81d51-6f7b-4d4a-993b-154112dbd759

WhatsApp-Image-2020-08-07-at-20.26.14-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Ran out of likes Sorry TS. But yeah I kind of agree aside from the Romero point. His Job is to win, and get paid, and as someone that's chasing a Legacy, it behooved him to fight the fight he NEEDED to beat Romero, instead of the fight he wanted. Once Romero clocked him, he said "Fuck that shit" and used his skills in a different way.

People can call it running, but anyone that would willingly stand and trade with Romero to get Knocked the Fuck out, hey <Neil01>all power to you, but I don't hold it against him ONE bit for fighting the way he did. Romero could have done more too.

As for him and the Division, while he hasn't cleaned it out, it's perfectly understandable that he's moving up. It's really hard for people to get excited for a Rematch, Rob knows it, Izzy knows it, so the fight isn't happening right now. As long as he's active, I got no issue with him going up. The dude is often below the 185 Weight Limit so he can still make it. I trust in his Activity that he'll defend it again, so he's good. He's got respectable names and has done great things in the short time he's been in the Sport.

Izzy triggers so many people it's hilarious.
You can't deny he's a fantastic fighter and great champ. He takes on all challengers.

He's been crazy active since he joined the UFC and as a fan you have to love that.

Yup, been quite enjoyable to watch his run.

Khamzat Chimaev
200.gif

He should have taken that fight.. Instead of Jan! Chimaev would have climbed up real quick and bless him with a huge payday

What Israel has done in like 2-3 years in the UFC is fucking insane. He's about to be a double champ in 3 YEARS.

If he keeps going, he'll for sure become the GOAT.

Conor McGregor had a similar run from 2014-2015
Conor popped in my mind but so did his knee agaisnt Hollawy sidelining him for a year.
But going top Diego Brando to Jose aldo in a year is crazy.
Conor really was something

His climb will be quick and real fast rise
We will see. I think he fares much better at WW than the murderers row that is top5 MW. Either way it is nice to have new blood up and coming I just hope he isn’t pushed too fast otherwise we will see an Icarus level plummet back to earth.

It's weird because there's no one left to fight but he hasn't quite cleared the division. He still needs to fight Hermansson and Cannonier (yeah I know he lost). A Whittaker rematch isn't compelling, neither are the likes of Weidman, Holland or Hall. There's very few interesting match ups left for him in the UFC, he'll blitz Jan, I think he'd even take Stipe at this point. The only intriguing matches to me are Jones and Ngannou.

he done clean up the division for sure. i wanted to see him vs till or jared but i still think they have nothing for him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back