Media Adesanya vs Costa officially signed

Who wins?

• Total voters
I think Adesanya will pick Costa apart & use his aggression against him, & I think he will make it look shockingly easy.

Man. Izzy's last fight turned A LOT of people against him.

As it should have. it was a pathetic performance, espeically given all his talk.
He can stay at the top by being a boring dude if he wants (Usman is doing pretty well) but he has to expect to lose fans and never be in GOAT talks if he does.

As it should have. it was a pathetic performance, espeically given all his talk.
He can stay at the top by being a boring dude if he wants (Usman is doing pretty well) but he has to expect to lose fans and never be in GOAT talks if he does.

One fight and you encompass his whole career as a boring fighter. Come on man he's nothing like Usman. That's apples and oranges right there. Have you forgotten Anderson Silva had some boring fights himself. That shit happens once and awhile.

The Romero/Israel fight was boring because they pretty much canceled each other out with their styles.

With Costa is going to be a different story. Costa is not going to fuck around, he's going to push forward like the terminator looking for the KO. And with Israel counter striking style it's only inevitable this going to turn out to be heavy fireworks.

If Adesanya is allowed to dictate the pace of this fight it will be death by a 1,000 cuts of kicks & punches.

If Costa connects often, he'll win. But, I think he'll swing and miss, a lot. Adesanya by evasiveness (probably UD).

Jarl

images

images

images

future UFC champion,Adesanya will be sent to the shadow realm.

Just a reminder to everybody about the UFC Game Cover Curse. This is relevant because Israel Adesanya is on the cover for UFC 4, which comes out next month. Shown below are the next fight outcomes of the athletes featured on the covers.

EA_UFC.jpg

EA SPORTS UFC 1 - Released on June 2014

- Jon Jones tests positive in his drug test against Daniel Cormier in UFC 182 (Jan 2015).
- Alexander Gustaffson gets knocked out in Sweden against Anthony Johnson at a stadium show with 30,000 fans in attendance (Jan 2015)

EA_Sports_UFC_2_cover_art.jpg

EA SPORTS UFC 2 - Game cover revealed in November 10, 2015.

- Ronda Rousey gets knocked out by Holly Holm five days after the game's announcement and loses her title (Nov 15, 2015).
- Conor McGregor is submitted by Nate Diaz in March 2016.

EA_Sports_UFC_3_Official_Boxart.jpg

EA SPORTS UFC 3 - Released in February 2018

- Conor McGregor is stripped of his LW title due to inactivity (April 2018). He later loses to Khabib via submission in November 2018.

71FMZvz3-KL._SX342_.jpg

EA SPORTS UFC 4 - Game cover revealed in the morning of July 11, 2020.

- Jorge Masvidal loses a decision to Kamaru Usman in his shot at the WW title on July 11, 2020. 12 hours after the reveal of the game cover.
- Israel Adesanya is currently scheduled to defend his MW title against Paulo Costa at UFC 253, which takes place on September 2020.

the curse continues

Costa bless

I don't remember him winning polls on sherdog, ever.

And then, dogs are willing to rewrite history and say he was a favorite going into every fight when he clearly wasn't.

He has more than 100 wild pro fights and around 80 brutal KOs. He ain't losing fans after one bad performance, he's maybe losing bandwagoners.

Also given the frequency of his fights, nobody is going to even remember his Yoel fight within a year from now. 8 UFC fights in 25 months and 3 world titles. That's nuts.

LOL costa is a heavy favorite in the polls right now, based on a mutual win over yoel and beating way past prime and undersized Hendricks.

You guys are so suspect, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Look at his muscles, right guys!

I think Sherdog is in for a rude awakening. I see Izzy piecing Costa up and slowly breaking him down. Costa does not get ko’s, and his resume is so far pretty underwhelming. He’s got a chance due to his clinch and body shots, but I just don’t see a path for him. I think Israel will counter him with ease and possibly finish him.

Back