Adesanya is one tittie defense away from GOAT MW status

na Izzy aint close to Andy, Andy made numerous fighters look like they've never fought before, Izzy did dominate against Rob and Costa but looked like shit against Yoel and his last fight wasn't anything special also too Izzy has like 3 defenses, Andy had 10

Anderson would still be ahead of Israel as P4P GOAT mainly due to top5 wins at WW and LHW (Sakurai and Griffin) but their MW resume will be on par very soon imo

Anderson
#1-Belfort
#2-Henderson
#3-Franklin
#4-Sonnen
#5-Okami
#6- Marquardt
#7- Maia
#8- Horn

Adesanya
#1 - Whittaker
#2 - Romero
#3 - Costa
#4 - Vettori
#5 - Gastelum
#6 - Silva (washed up)
#7 - Brunson
#8 - Tavares

I'd say Israel is pretty close already
Does Leites, Newton, Murray, Coté, Lutter, Leben or Rivera add much to Anderson's GOAT MW status over Israel?
Griffin a top 5 is laughable even when he held the title.

I think for that aura you have to win in your perceived weakness.

When Anderson choked out Dan Henderson and submitted chael, his two worst match ups, he became a god.

Imagine Izzy choked out Romero and arm triangles Vettori.

He's be a god.

Leg kicks because your 6'4" and your opponent can't kick you from where you can kick him aren't god like.

Anderson would still be ahead of Israel as P4P GOAT mainly due to top5 wins at WW and LHW (Sakurai and Griffin) but their MW resume will be on par very soon imo

Anderson
#1-Belfort
#2-Henderson
#3-Franklin
#4-Sonnen
#5-Okami
#6- Marquardt
#7- Maia
#8- Horn

Adesanya
#1 - Whittaker
#2 - Romero
#3 - Costa
#4 - Vettori
#5 - Gastelum
#6 - Silva (washed up)
#7 - Brunson
#8 - Tavares

I'd say Israel is pretty close already
Does Leites, Newton, Murray, Coté, Lutter, Leben or Rivera add much to Anderson's GOAT MW status over Israel?
I was going to report this until I read the title like three times. Then I much approved.

GOAT status to me can only be attained by garnering title defences. So he’s not even close in my book (Anderson’s ped busts not withstanding).
This is the only sane metric. Just because others like to be wrong, that doesn't change the facts. The only people who don't agree have favorite fighters that haven't won enough titles, so they pretend that it doesn't matter. The number of title defenses is the very FIRST step towards GOAT status. I now wonder how many goofs here even know what GOAT stands for? I think many believe it means G-My O-favorite A-fight T-er.

Regardless of our preferences, a regular title defense counts much more than a regular win.

It requires training for a 5 round fight.

In addition. Everyone else in the division is always training (to a certain extent) to beat the champion.

Being the #1-3 contender is somewhat similar in that regard.
This is why Benavidez's long streak at the top contender position was so impressive; but it's still not the same.

Edit: So Silva>Adesanya

Andy went up in weight 3 times and dominated.

Izzbo went up and got smashed

Anderoid is a ped cheat.

Not a GOAT, an steroidhead.
zd6upg0jfmp51.png

you dont get gyno by being all natural

This is the only sane metric. Just because others like to be wrong, that doesn't change the facts. The only people who don't agree have favorite fighters that haven't won enough titles, so they pretend that it doesn't matter. The number of title defenses is the very FIRST step towards GOAT status. I now wonder how many goofs here even know what GOAT stands for? I think many believe it means G-My O-favorite A-fight T-er.
Regardless of our preferences, a regular title defense counts much more than a regular win.

It requires training for a 5 round fight.

In addition. Everyone else in the division is always training (to a certain extent) to beat the champion.

Being the #1-3 contender is somewhat similar in that regard.
This is why Benavidez's long streak at the top contender position was so impressive; but it's still not the same.

Edit: So Silva>Adesanya

Tittle defenses is a meaningful metric but obviosly not the only one first of all because it assumes that UFC=MMA and we are not asking for the GOAT UFC fighter but about the GOAT MMA fighter.

Just as example, why Rockhold's win over Jacare, or even Machida; or Henderson's wins over Bustamante or Misaki, are less meaningful wins than Franklin's wins over Quarry or Loiseau? Thats what your criteria would set and I definitely dont agree.

Anyways, I agree that Silva >> Adesanya at this point. Not just because of adding nº of tittle defenses vs the likes of Coté, Leites or Lutter, but also because of the decisive manner in which he dispatched his competition and, from a p4p standpoint, because of his top5 wins in three different weight classes.

Tittle defenses is a meaningful metric but obviosly not the only one first of all because it assumes that UFC=MMA and we are not asking for the GOAT UFC fighter but about the GOAT MMA fighter.

Just as example, why Rockhold's win over Jacare, or even Machida; or Henderson's wins over Bustamante or Misaki, are less meaningful wins than Franklin's wins over Quarry or Loiseau? Thats what your criteria would set and I definitely dont agree.

Anyways, I agree that Silva >> Adesanya at this point. Not just because of adding nº of tittle defenses vs the likes of Coté, Leites or Lutter, but also because of the decisive manner in which he dispatched his competition and, from a p4p standpoint, because of his top5 wins in three different weight classes.

I should've underlined/highlighted the word "regular" re title vs non-title fights.

You were talking about guys who were champions at one point and still in their primes; so your point is valid.
It also happens to be my contention; so...

Silva being Cote (not an ATG or on anyone's ATG contender's list like Joe B or Fitch for example) was more important than Izzy beating Brunson (who was 2-2 in his last 4.)

You want his cawk, we get it. Welcome to today's coming out thread.

You have to look at what happened when Izzy went up to LHW compared to how it went for Silva. Now, I know it wasn't for the belt for Anderson, but he has 3 wins at LHW, which is quite impressing given he's a former WW. Silva still MW GOAT for a few years imo.

Anderson is the goat still for duration. Izzy overtook Franklin though he's number 2. If Izzy beats Whittaker again he's going to have a problem finding viable opponents like Anderson. I could see him rematching Kelvin, assuming Kelvin wins his next fight.

Back