Adesanya is a stylistic nightmare for Borrachinha

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dude is cut out for getting pieced by a counter striker of Israel's calibre. He always bum rush towards his opponents. Even Uriah Hall was landing on him on his will. If Costa bullrushes towards Israel then he will get his chin checked. He always needs to absorb some to dish some. You don't fight like that homey if you wish to beat stylebender.

Costa's style is similar to Gastelum's tho - he is a swarmer. But i agree - he lacks the head movement and reflexes to deal with Israel's speed and slickness, while Kelvin has a superb head movement and reflexes. Adesanya would fuck up costa pretty bad.

If Jacera losses to Hermanson the winner of that fight should fight the winner or Costa vs Romero for the next shot.

If Jacera wins he should get the winner of Izzy/Rob

That fight is nowhere on the horizon at this point imo.

And Adesanya is tricky for anybody. He gets hit but his style is just as likely to hit you more. And of course anybody is susceptible to being knocked silly.

But I’m now focusing on the unification fight.

Yeah I’m sure a guy who pops peanuts for punches and got ROCKED multiple times by a 5’6 WW is a “bad match up” for The Eraser...

Costa would ERASE that suspect chin playboy
jFhWK6h.gif

<36>

If Costa lands on him like Kelvin did, it could be lights out

I agree that Israel would be the favorite right now though.

If Jacera losses to Hermanson the winner of that fight should fight the winner or Costa vs Romero for the next shot.

If Jacera wins he should get the winner of Izzy/Rob

As if beating Romero isn’t enough to deserve a title shot

<RawexDidThis1>

Yeah I’m sure a guy who pops peanuts for punches and got ROCKED multiple times by a 5’6 WW is a “bad match up” for The Eraser...

jFhWK6h.gif

<36>

Do you remember who else got rocked way worse by the 5' 6" WW ?

Other career middleweights and some that fought at 205.
MinorImpoliteHuemul-size_restricted.gif

SelfassuredHeavyAustralianfurseal-size_restricted.gif

uCBw9Tc.gif

kjBeU.gif

tr1LQsq.gif

Costa is musclebound. He would gas out faster than Kelvin and get smoked by Adesanya.

Seriously the attempts to discredit Adesanya are amazing. As of right now there is no reason to doubt him anymore. He has been put in a lot of bad spots in areas he isn't that well trained in and he persevered.

jFhWK6h.gif

<36>

Because Costa is as good of a striker as the current no 1 mw kickboxer in the world which the guy in that gif is? You sound like a hater. You should feel bad

To his credit, Adesanya handled Gastelum much better than I thought he would. Gastelum had great difficulty with the range and speed of Israel and for some unknown reason, still chose to try to engage in a firefight with a more polished striker.

I was impressed by Gastelum's heart and chin, but his gameplan was stupid and his fight IQ left a lot to be desired as well. Adesanya deserved the win and was the better, or smarter, fighter last night.

I have no doubt that the UFC wants Adesanya to reign as champ, he's a flashy fighter who matches up well with a lot of fighters. That being said, I still saw holes in his game last night that I think other fighters would have been able to capitalize on where Gastelum simply couldn't.

Because Costa is as good of a striker as the current no 1 mw kickboxer in the world which the guy in that gif is? You sound like a hater. You should feel bad

Yeah because 5’6 Kelvin needed to be the best “kickboxer in the world” to drop and rock Adesanya multiple times LOL.

You sound delusional, you should feel bad

Yeah because 5’6 Kelvin needed to be the best “kickboxer in the world” to drop and rock Adesanya multiple times LOL.

You sound delusional, you should feel bad

Gastelum is 10 times the striker Costa is. Gastelum would play with Costa first then viciously knock the guy out.

Gastelum is 10 times the striker Costa is. Gastelum would play with Costa first then viciously knock the guy out.

Gastelum has a 3 round cardio at best, he also has the fight IQ of a spud. Not to mention he’s a 5’6 undisciplined WW who can’t make the cut.

You and I both know Borrachinha breaks Gastelum.

Gastelum has a 3 round cardio at best, he also has the fight IQ of a spud. Not to mention he’s a 5’6 undisciplined WW who can’t make the cut.

You and I both know Borrachinha breaks Gastelum.

You are taking the trolling too far. I'm not taking the bait

You dont give a striker like Adesanya room to fire off his strikes. Costa is gunna smother him and crack that chin and hurt his body.

Back