Adesanya deserves insurmountable amounts of hespect

so..... youre coming off like you have something against romero. since this thread is based on respect, im assuming you dont want to give him any and your logic is that he doesnt deserve respect because hes calling out jon jones AS WELL as calling out and actually fighting yoel romero while his contender, paulo costa is injured?

please tell me what part of that isnt worthy of respect?

Nothing against Romero, my point being that all Izzy has agreed to do is face the next available contender according to the rankings because Costa is injured. Which is the minimum of what a champ should be doing so I don't understand why he should be getting respect for that.

And the calling out Jones whilst openly admitting he's in no rush to face him any time soon after Jones called his bluff is just trolling.

agreed any1 who doesnt respect him even before is simply a insecure hater

Mad respects for Israel. He's fearless, he'll fight anyone.

And you come off real mature for calling me a 12 year old girl.

Izzy could've of waited for Costa, moved up to fight Jon or even called for Jared since Romero probably wouldn't of been next (just lost to Costa, and lost last TS the fight before that) if Adesanya hadn't called him out.

Romero is a tough fight for anyone, has never been finished and can put you out at any moment. If you can't recognize that at this point, I don't know what to tell you.
I think you meant never been finished in the UFC.

AccurateRightIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

I think you meant never been finished in the UFC.

AccurateRightIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

Man Feijao was fucking vicious when he was on back in the day. Still disappointed with his UFC run.

Man Feijao was fucking vicious when he was on back in the day. Still disappointed with his UFC run.
At least it was quality competition. He didn't lose to bums in the UFC.

Not too long ago people thought he was an overrated bum / hype train lol

Going with Izzy on this one, mainly because I hate Gay Jesus and also because I want that Izzy/Costa fight so bad

I really like Izzy. He wanted Costa but is cool with fighting the guy people want him to fight in Romero.

And he genuinely seems to want a potential Jones fight.

That's sheer balls.

Can't really hate on his ethic.

He puts in the work.

7 win streak and title in within two years in the UFC.

And still wants all the smoke.

These are the things fighters get shitted on for not doing.

Did you learn that word from Joe Rogan TS? Lol

He's a champ's champ. Sort of like Norm Macdonald is a comedian's comedian. I bet he could cut to WW with his frame too, it would be a tough one though. I'm a fan.

I'm not arguing that Romero isn't a tough opponent. My point is that I don't think we should give a champion respect nowadays just for defending against the highest ranked available challenger, that is exactly what they are supposed to be doing. Sadly in this current era that's becoming the exception rather than the norm.

Also whilst its cool that he's not waiting for Costa I'm not sure how fighting Romero is any tougher than your suggestion that instead Izzy could have gone to 205 to face Jones or defend against Jared as Jon would crush Izzy at LHW & Jared is no walkover.
TS has a point.

You do too.

Romero is not necessarily the “next in line” even though u are correct he is one of the top contenders.

yoel is 1-3 in his last 4, admittedly against top comp, but his record is his record.

He does not get an auto title shot by default and it would not be unreasonable to give cannonier a shot or wait for Costa.

yoel presents the worst stylistic match up for Izzy and Izzy has accepted the challenge when he could have ducked him with reasons that are legit.

If he asked for Romero...yaah...thats a ballzy move.

HESPEK

For INSISTING as a champion, that he fights Romero- the scariest guy in the division and one of the scariest guys in the history of the sport.

I'm not his biggest fan but that's a boss move and nothing but the up most hespect for it.

<RomeroSalute>

That's true but he does juju qo i'll never support him. Neither should you akhi

Well, when you conscider that pretty much all UFC champions ask for either easy fights or taking time off, Israel do deserve RESPECT...
Look at Stipe... Chickening out DC while wanting to fight a guy he already beaten (Ngannu), DC running after Brock, Rob when was champ only wanted to rest, Bisping and GSP (division messing man), MM...

Last edited:
He's fighting Romero because he has no other choice TS. Win or lose, Romero is the guy he would have fought after Costa, but Costa is injured (and Whittaker has family problems to take care of).

Enough with that dick riding, just because a guy does what he has to do

No, he doesn't. Not for this. Is this a joke, right?

Back