1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Adesanya deserves insurmountable amounts of hespect

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by The Legendary Scarface, Jan 30, 2020.

1. The Legendary Scarface Record since UFC 266 : 5-0

For INSISTING as a champion, that he fights Romero- the scariest guy in the division and one of the scariest guys in the history of the sport.

I'm not his biggest fan but that's a boss move and nothing but the up most hespect for it.

<RomeroSalute>

2. moogie101 Brown Belt

He's insisted nothing, Costa is injured & so he's facing Romero with no choice in the matter. Izzy is more concerned about fighting Jones online.

3. The Legendary Scarface Record since UFC 266 : 5-0

He could of wiggled his way out of it if he wanted to. He specifically asked to fight Romero. Stop hating.

4. Espresso @Terrorist Rat Led BathtubBrothers #DefendorVacate

Hespect

5. Ruke Doufus Purple Belt

No he doesn't.

6. mjfan23 Gold Belt

And he’s targeting Jon Jones in the future another real BMF

7. moogie101 Brown Belt

Stop saying "hating" as it makes you sound like a twelve year old girl.

Your argument to give Izzy respect is because he didn't wriggle out of fighting the number three guy when one & two were unavailable to defend against? Wow, the bar is set real low nowadays.

8. Mr.Maelstrom Random Flex Belt

Insurmountable *

9. The Legendary Scarface Record since UFC 266 : 5-0

And you come off real mature for calling me a 12 year old girl.

Izzy could've of waited for Costa, moved up to fight Jon or even called for Jared since Romero probably wouldn't of been next (just lost to Costa, and lost last TS the fight before that) if Adesanya hadn't called him out.

Romero is a tough fight for anyone, has never been finished and can put you out at any moment. If you can't recognize that at this point, I don't know what to tell you.

10. Zebra Cheeks 2 Cheeks And A Soda Staff Member Senior Moderator

Honestly, more then the whole Romero thing, I respect him for not just waiting for Costa. He could have taken the time and healed up all the way, and been 100%, but he wants to stay active, he wants to capitalize on his prime, so he’s getting in there. The fact that it’s someone as tough as Yoel is just icing to me

11. The Legendary Scarface Record since UFC 266 : 5-0

Thanks bro

12. Paulsp Black Belt

13. Paulsp Black Belt

Fucked that entire port up and can’t edit lmao

14. moogie101 Brown Belt

I'm not arguing that Romero isn't a tough opponent. My point is that I don't think we should give a champion respect nowadays just for defending against the highest ranked available challenger, that is exactly what they are supposed to be doing. Sadly in this current era that's becoming the exception rather than the norm.

Also whilst its cool that he's not waiting for Costa I'm not sure how fighting Romero is any tougher than your suggestion that instead Izzy could have gone to 205 to face Jones or defend against Jared as Jon would crush Izzy at LHW & Jared is no walkover.

15. TheOldMan Black Belt

Israel is a great champion and has earned a ton of respect for many reasons, including this.

Izzy Bless!

16. The Legendary Scarface Record since UFC 266 : 5-0

But you're argument is based on this notion that Romero is the clear cut next guy up , which he isn't.

Romero just lost to Costa and also lost a TS before that. The only reason this fight is happening is because Adesanya specifically asked for it -The UFC brass would not of booked it if Izzy simply said "give me anybody" , that's my point.

And while, sure taking on tough contenders should be the norm, sadly it isn't and I appreciate the true fighter's mentality here from Izzy.

17. Phisher Gold Belt

18. Final Say So Icey Belt

so..... youre coming off like you have something against romero. since this thread is based on respect, im assuming you dont want to give him any and your logic is that he doesnt deserve respect because hes calling out jon jones AS WELL as calling out and actually fighting yoel romero while his contender, paulo costa is injured?

please tell me what part of that isnt worthy of respect?

19. Negator402 Yellow Card Banned

He is quickly growing on me.

20. Phisher Gold Belt

Props to Adesanya for taking on the guy that a lot of online fans were claiming is the worst stylistic match up for him in the division.

However, I wouldn't bother if I were him. This fanbase is full of disingenuous idiots. As soon as he started lobbying for the Romero fight, the people who said that Romero would kill him (even after Romero lost to Costa) started complaining about Adesanya fighting a guy on a losing streak.

If the hardcores don't like you, there's really no way to appease them. No point in pandering to them.