Adesanya completely ruined these two fights for me

On one hand I feel like he's quite beatable, but on the other when I look at the MW Top 10 at the moment I wouldn't favour any of those to win. I'd be interested in a Whitaker re-match if he can get back on track, I'd say he has the best chance even though he didn't really show up last time.

yeah it sure is his fault his opponents didn't do anything

I can see a case for Romero winning the second Whittaker fight and the Costa fight by a close margin.

I can't see a strong argument for him beating Izzy though and the fact that Izzy had staph at the time isn't in Romero's favor either, if you ask me.

Plus as mentioned, Israel butchered the opponents he has in common with Romero, be it Whittaker, Costa or even Brunson.

You're intelligent too bro, so you should know!:p
how u score romero vs israel, round by round.

how u score romero vs israel, round by round.
I honestly don't know it anymore.

The only thing i remember for sure is that the few overhands (some of which were kinda armpunches, IIRC) that Romero landed didn't really hurt Izzy and the only mark Izzy had on him after the fight was a very minor swelling on his forehead, whereas the leg kicks of Izzy had great effect on Romero, which you can see both by the swelling itself and by the way Romero reacted to them.

Firas Zahabi shares the same opinion by the way.

For me those fights
Adesanya vs Anderson. Boring as hell vs 44 year old grandpa
Adesanys vs Romero. Boring as hell and a loss vs 43year old grandpa

But but but Weidman was fighting old man vs 37y Anderson and 38y Machida

I honestly don't know it anymore.

The only thing i remember for sure is that the few overhands (some of which were kinda armpunches, IIRC) that Romero landed didn't really hurt Izzy and the only mark Izzy had on him after the fight was a very minor swelling on his forehead, whereas the leg kicks of Izzy had great effect on Romero, which you can see both by the swelling itself and by the way Romero reacted to them.

Firas Zahabi shares the same opinion by the way.
zahabi dont know shit, israel said he was seeing double after the overhand, hence him running for his life the entire fight. Romero won round 1, 2 and 5, you dont remember the fight, I do. Nothing to discuss, unless you rewatch the fight, which I doubt.

zahabi dont know shit, israel said he was seeing double after the overhand, hence him running for his life the entire fight. Romero won round 1, 2 and 5, you dont remember the fight, I do. Nothing to discuss, unless you rewatch the fight, which I doubt.
Well i know i scored it for Izzy, but i don't remember the rounds.

We have to agree to disagree then on this issue, but you've gotta admit that Izzy had the better performances against the mentioned opponents.

Well i know i scored it for Izzy, but i don't remember the rounds.

We have to agree to disagree then on this issue, but you've gotta admit that Izzy had the better performances against the mentioned opponents.
romero beat izzy, that's all that matter to me.

For me those fights
Adesanya vs Anderson. Boring as hell vs 44 year old grandpa
Adesanys vs Romero. Boring as hell and a loss vs 43year old grandpa

But but but Weidman was fighting old man vs 37y Anderson and 38y Machida
You need to rewatch romero vs izzy if you think Romero won. He clearly lost all of the middle rounds.

I had it 1, 2 and 5 for Yoel as well.

People keep talking about bad game plans.

When you fight a vastly superior fighter, your game plan goes out the window. Whittaker at least was swinging for the bleachers.

Of course that got him knocked out two times in one fight.

Romero is smarter than everyone thinks. He tried to sucker bait a counter striker. Izzy should be congradulatory on the apparent fear he invoked on Romero.

We all know Romero would have bum rushed Izzy if he wasn't scared.

When I read people on here saying Romero vs Costa was a great fight I had to rewatch it because that's not how I remembered it. I was right the first time. It's extremely overrated.

Too many excuses being made here. If Romero is as great as everyone is saying, this shouldn’t be a debate about who won a very close fight. Romero should have done to Izzy what Izzy did to Costa and there would be doubt. Hell, Romero should have done the same to Whittaker but didn’t. What does that mean? Maybe Romero doesn’t step up enough when he should.

Costa made no mistakes.
Costa landed his strongest kick on Izzy's body and it didn't work. He got hit by Izzy's fucking jab and realized the truth:

"This guy actually hits harder than I do on top of being longer than me and more precise than I am".

He didn't make a mistake. He was utterly outclassed.

Not many people have talked about Izzy's jab but his jab was lightning quick and really helped him control the range. Anytime Paulo tried to close the distance he got leg kicked or jabbed to death.

Nah those were still great fights.
This sport is about matchup more so than just a strict ranking of who's best.

It's kinda like how new england beat everybody but then lost to the giants. There's a point there but I forgot it smiling at the mention of new england losing their perfect season.

Back