Adding protein to cereal

cheath

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just seen an ad for this company Dyamtize that makes this high protein cereal with 25 grams of protein in it. Like an idiot I was about to run out to the store and pay $2 per serving. Luckily I put it into Google and found a thread on some forum where someone else was going to do the same thing, before this guy told him to just put whey with milk in a shaker, then pour that over your cereal, and wa-la, same thing for a fraction of the cost!

I also considered putting the powder in some yummy oatmeal, adding milk, then microwaving it. I just can't hate the taste of protein, and I'm using Muscle Milk now, but I've also tried Isopure and MGF-2. I just hate the taste of it, especially in the morning before training.

My question for the protein pros....will your body still absorb the protein with such a small amount of milk or water that you'd pour over the cereal (or oatmeal)? I thought it's possible that the protein could be so concentrated that unless you add 10-12oz of liquid and drink it like normal (since cereal only has about half that), it wouldn't dilute it enough, your body would have trouble breaking it down, and you'd end up pissing most of it out and wasting your money.

Sorry for the dumb question. :redface:

why not just have a protein shake separately from your breakfast?

I don't really care for the taste that much. So if I can kill two birds with one stone, might as well.

I've also head about some people who can't take the taste of protein that just put the spoonfulls right into their mouth. That would make me chuck for sure! Doing that definitely doesn't seem like your body could get much out of it though.

I could be wrong as I'm not an expert, but I don't believe the amount of water/milk you mix with your protein powder has shit to with how much of it your body will use. I don't know about you, but I don't mix my eggs, cottage cheese, steak, chicken, or pork chops with 10-12 oz of water or milk. It's not what it's mixed with before you take it that causes your body to absorb it.

I add chocolate whey or milk protein concentrate to swiss style museli.

Its nice

Muscle milk, skimmed milk, oats. Done.

I just seen an ad for this company Dyamtize that makes this high protein cereal with 25 grams of protein in it. Like an idiot I was about to run out to the store and pay $2 per serving. Luckily I put it into Google and found a thread on some forum where someone else was going to do the same thing, before this guy told him to just put whey with milk in a shaker, then pour that over your cereal, and wa-la, same thing for a fraction of the cost!

I also considered putting the powder in some yummy oatmeal, adding milk, then microwaving it. I just can't hate the taste of protein, and I'm using Muscle Milk now, but I've also tried Isopure and MGF-2. I just hate the taste of it, especially in the morning before training.

My question for the protein pros....will your body still absorb the protein with such a small amount of milk or water that you'd pour over the cereal (or oatmeal)? I thought it's possible that the protein could be so concentrated that unless you add 10-12oz of liquid and drink it like normal (since cereal only has about half that), it wouldn't dilute it enough, your body would have trouble breaking it down, and you'd end up pissing most of it out and wasting your money.

Sorry for the dumb question. :redface:

You know you don't have to put a whole scoop, right? If your shake calls for 6oz of liquid per scoop, put 6oz of liquid (you probably use that much in a bowl of cereal, anyway) If you use less than that, only use 3/4 a scoop.

I've used chocolate evopro or musclemilk with milk over frosted mini-wheats on several occasions. I've also made chocolate milk with them and milk and put it in my oatmeal instead of water.

Kashi GO Lean cereal is quite good and has a good amount of protein.

I shook up Vanilla Muscle Milk with 1% milk and poured it over Frosted Mini Wheats. BARF! I think I'm better off just chugging the damn protein and eating the cereal seperate! Maybe I'll try the protein with oats or something, but that stuff with cereal was too nasty.

Back